• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

browns get landry and taylor

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some nice moves by the Browns. That division is not great right now, keep on making moves like this and hit on some draft picks and they could be sitting at the top of the AFCN in a couple years. They still have a TON of cap space to boot.

Now, if they are smart enough to pick Barkley at #1 and somehow still manage to get Allen at #4... whew. Watch out

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the browns have dorsey , highsmith and SM running things . looks like their owner decided to put football people in charge and let them do their jobs

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the browns have dorsey , highsmith and SM running things . looks like their owner decided to put football people in charge and let them do their jobs

That sounds like a ding against some one. We got Redskins Royalty running things in Ashburnistan.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
barkley followed by allen would be the play and SM is there helping with the planning . here in DC we have 396 trading for 34 yr old SSN recipients

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landry for a 4th round pick is a steal. I agree the Browns should take Barkley at #1.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
barkley followed by allen would be the play and SM is there helping with the planning . here in DC we have 396 trading for 34 yr old SSN recipients

Smith is better than Taylor and any of the top 5 QB's. So what is your point? I love how you bring up the age when A. Rodgers who is also 34. Not saying Smith is Rodgers but he is definitely better than any FA or rookie QB in this draft.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well - I like the Browns' moves but lets not get carried away. We still have yet to see the results & folks are bragging about a team that went 1-31 over the past two seasons (a main factor as to why they have all of those picks & ample cap space).

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some nice moves by the Browns. That division is not great right now, keep on making moves like this and hit on some draft picks and they could be sitting at the top of the AFCN in a couple years. They still have a TON of cap space to boot.

Now, if they are smart enough to pick Barkley at #1 and somehow still manage to get Allen at #4... whew. Watch out

The good moves for the Browns was getting Rnadall and Landry. Taylor was a overpay IMO for a 3rd(1st pick in that round). Smith is a whole lot better and we gave up Fuller. A good QB trumps a slot Cb any day of the week

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good moves for the Browns was getting Rnadall and Landry. Taylor was a overpay IMO for a 3rd(1st pick in that round). Smith is a whole lot better and we gave up Fuller. A good QB trumps a slot Cb any day of the week

I agree, but I don’t think (with my maroon and orange sunglasses on) that Tyrod was that big of a reach for a 3rd round pick. Sure, TT is unspectacular, but he is Alex Smith lite (much like Keenum is to KC IMO). He doesn’t turn the ball over a lot, has a more than adequate arm, can make some plays with his feet. He could be a very good bridge QB IF the Browns still draft a above average QB in the top 5 that they can let marinate for a year to or two, which I think they will. He should, along with FA and drafted players, should make them competitive sooner rather than later.

If anything, it just goes to to show that giving up a 3rd round for a middle of the pack QB for a 2-3 year rental is no big deal to teams. It wouldn’t blow me away if another team gave up something similar for MCarron. Or Teddy B. Cleveland just got infinitely better at that position overnight. Its certainly a better option than drafting Luke Falk in the 3rd, who may not amount to being any better than Kizer was. Giving up Fuller in addition to that 3rd is the icing in the cake and what we had to give up for Smith. As you said, the price we had to pay for an above average starter.

Hell, look what SF just gave up for Grap (in loot and draft capital). For a QB who had only started a handful of games.

Last edited:

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many draft picks do the browns have now Scott mac is working for the browns but he has no power justn a draft consultant i bet Scott Mac is pist he lost some draft picks lol

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but I don’t think (with my maroon and orange sunglasses on) that Tyrod was that big of a reach for a 3rd round pick. Sure, TT is unspectacular, but he is Alex Smith lite (much like Keenum is to KC IMO). He doesn’t turn the ball over a lot, has a more than adequate arm, can make some plays with his feet. He could be a very good bridge QB IF the Browns still draft a above average QB in the top 5 that they can let marinate for a year to or two, which I think they will. He should, along with FA and drafted players, should make them competitive sooner rather than later.

If anything, it just goes to to show that giving up a 3rd round for a middle of the pack QB for a 2-3 year rental is no big deal to teams. It wouldn’t blow me away if another team gave up something similar for MCarron. Or Teddy B. Cleveland just got infinitely better at that position overnight. Its certainly a better option than drafting Luke Falk in the 3rd, who may not amount to being any better than Kizer was. Giving up Fuller in addition to that 3rd is the icing in the cake and what we had to give up for Smith. As you said, the price we had to pay for an above average starter.

Hell, look what SF just gave up for Grap (in loot and draft capital). For a QB who had only started a handful of games.

I think its a reach b/c its the first pick in the 3rd round. He is not better than Alex Smith. Plus he is more prone to get hurt b/c of his running. Cleveland lost out on Alex SMith so they got TT for the same draft capitol. I think that is hilarious. We have the better QB. skinsdad and Shark don't understand this.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is better than Taylor and any of the top 5 QB's. So what is your point? I love how you bring up the age when A. Rodgers who is also 34. Not saying Smith is Rodgers but he is definitely better than any FA or rookie QB in this draft.
it doesnt matter if smith is better then taylor . niether one should have been traded for by this team , sign the FA qb

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - I like the Browns' moves but lets not get carried away. We still have yet to see the results & folks are bragging about a team that went 1-31 over the past two seasons (a main factor as to why they have all of those picks & ample cap space).

it will take time but they brought in a legit wr , a legit stop gap qb , a legit db and they still kept 5 picks in the top 65 . they also got rid of a qb that had no future with them

not a bad start to winning 6 games next year

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns wanted to trade for Alex Smith but we beat them out. So they settled for Taylor and still had to give up a 3rd round pick. We had to give the Chiefs Fuller but we got the better QB which is much more important that a slot CB.

So you still dont like the trade skinsdad?
i dont like the damn trade at all because i can tread water with TB , keenum and bradford just like i can with ASS

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns just traded DT Shelton to pats for draft picks