• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos at Colts game thread

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that is probably enough to do it.

For the naysayers, notice it was the defense that made a play to give the team a chance to get back into this one.

The Colts looked like the better team all night. I don't see the Broncos being able to overcome this turnover in FG range, but I'll stay tuned in through the last snap.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, Hillman. Many a good drive has been killed by that guy. Lots of room for improvement.

Barrelman Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of Hillman. He does nothing for this offense. You're telling me Tony Carter gets benched for poor performance but Hillman is still active over CJ Andersen? What a joke.

Fox lost this game. You can't punt when it's 4th and 1 at midfield. You score on the opening drive and it sets a tone that changes the game. Bill Belichek didn't go to 4 Super Bowls and win 3 of them using that garbage kind of coaching.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of Hillman. He does nothing for this offense. You're telling me Tony Carter gets benched for poor performance but Hillman is still active over CJ Andersen? What a joke.

Fox lost this game. You can't punt when it's 4th and 1 at midfield. You score on the opening drive and it sets a tone that changes the game. Bill Belichek didn't go to 4 Super Bowls and win 3 of them using that garbage kind of coaching.

What are you talking about? We were deep in our own territory. You don;t go for it on 4th early in the game in your own territory. It's recklessly stupid.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont be to negative Barrelman some certain Broncos fans cant handle negative comments. At least they made it interesting but there is alot of work for this team that has to be done. Defense has to improve, the turnovers must stop and the o line has to get healthy. Short yardage offense needs work as well. Where was D. Thomas today? Plenty of time in the year to get things fixed before the playoffs start. Go Broncos!! GN all.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about? We were deep in our own territory. You don;t go for it on 4th early in the game in your own territory. It's recklessly stupid.

He's talking about the first posession. We had it around our own 40-45 yard line.

I'd say Del Rio has a lot of explaining to do though.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense had 11 3 and outs.

We did not run the ball well after the 1st quarter.

3 turnovers.

Manning seemed off the first half.

Team had 12 penalties for 103 yards (The Roughing the passer on Vickerson was BULLSHIT). Not to mention the Colts defenders were hanging all over Broncos receivers and we got 1 PI call all night.

Ronnie Hillman? I am usually not this harsh but cut him. Not just bench him but cut him. Time to see what CJ Anderson can do. Did Moreno get injured? Why was Hillman in there anyway?

Now, the Colts were 5-17 on 3rd down. Luck only threw for 21-38 for 228 and capitalized on the turnovers we had.

But no, it was our defense right?

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's talking about the first posession. We had it around our own 40-45 yard line.

I'd say Del Rio has a lot of explaining to do though.

I Missed the first possession.

Still, going for it on 4th down in the 1st quarter is way too risky. It's almost as bad as a turnover. Give the Colts the ball at midfield early in the game?

Every coach's play books says you punt it there. Especially with a patch work O-line.

Defense did not play well, but the offense play worse, especially the 2nd quarter.

I still say without Wesley Woodyard out there we are not the same defense. Bailey went out with what looks like an injury to the same foot.

I would be more concerned about the lack of a running game. With Ryan Clady and Orlando Franklin out, we had trouble protecting Manning and running the ball.

Broncos got outplayed in all 3 phases of the game and turned the ball over 3 times and still had a chance to win that game.

We did not lose because we did not go for it on 4th down on the first drive nor did the defense solely lose this game.

Hopefully it is a wake up call.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont be to negative Barrelman some certain Broncos fans cant handle negative comments. At least they made it interesting but there is alot of work for this team that has to be done. Defense has to improve, the turnovers must stop and the o line has to get healthy. Short yardage offense needs work as well. Where was D. Thomas today? Plenty of time in the year to get things fixed before the playoffs start. Go Broncos!! GN all.

There is a difference between being Negative (which is what you are with your blanket statement that the pass defense is terrible) and actually breaking down where the issues are with critical analysis. I have no problem pointing out bad plays or mistakes, which was mostly on the offense tonight.

Yes, defense gave up a some big plays at critical times, but if you look at the stats, the defense had their backs up against the wall all night with all the 3 and outs and short fields from 3 turnovers.

Look at the numbers. Colts were 5-17 on 3rd down. Only 228 yards passing and a decent 121 yards rushing. But with the extra possessions on turnovers the Colts capitalized on short fields.

Hillman fumbling at the goal line and Manning throwing that pick was a back breaker.

You just like to point at what seems obvious and cry that the end of the world is coming.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Del Rio already has his head in So-Cal

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vickerson did not "accidentally" bump into Luck. That bump had clear intent to it. Yes maybe Luck did a bit of acting on it but in the technical sense of "roughing the passer" that was clearly roughing the passer by Vickerson.

He tried to get in a shot on Luck and that knucklehead got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Instead of criticizing the ref for making the correct call how about booing and criticizing that idiot Vickerson.

He made dumb plays all game long. He should have never bumped into Luck. He should have never been that close to Luck. The play was over. Denver got what they needed. And then Vickerson had to pull that stunt.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anytime you have two penalties for taking off your helmet you've got your head up your ass. Vick had 45 yards in penalties all by himself in about 5 minutes of game time.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a difference between being Negative (which is what you are with your blanket statement that the pass defense is terrible) and actually breaking down where the issues are with critical analysis. I have no problem pointing out bad plays or mistakes, which was mostly on the offense tonight.

Yes, defense gave up a some big plays at critical times, but if you look at the stats, the defense had their backs up against the wall all night with all the 3 and outs and short fields from 3 turnovers.

Look at the numbers. Colts were 5-17 on 3rd down. Only 228 yards passing and a decent 121 yards rushing. But with the extra possessions on turnovers the Colts capitalized on short fields.

Hillman fumbling at the goal line and Manning throwing that pick was a back breaker.

You just like to point at what seems obvious and cry that the end of the world is coming.

The thing I'm still concerned with was Red Zone defense. Last season the way our D was playing more of those were FG's. We need to get back to that. But there were several plays I saw where our D looked outcoached. Counted at least 3 different times where a D-lineman was stuck covering a receiver. One of those became an easy TD to Bey, with Bailey getting faked out.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont cry the end of the world is coming because Broncos football isnt my life. My family is. Yes I get dissapointed when they lose but it doesnt ruin my week. Ill say it again when the offense stalls can you depend on the defense to step up? The answer now is no.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont cry the end of the world is coming because Broncos football isnt my life. My family is. Yes I get dissapointed when they lose but it doesnt ruin my week. Ill say it again when the offense stalls can you depend on the defense to step up? The answer now is no.

There is a HUGE chasm between the offense "Stalling" and turning the ball over 4 times and giving up a safety.