• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2016 Draft

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver bringing in Bronson Kaufusi for a predraft visit
Nice. Been seeing more interest/ comments on him recently. Just can't go wrong with a manly name like " Charles" Bronson Kaufusi either. :)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver bringing in Bronson Kaufusi for a predraft visit

IMO he is a good 3-4 DE, I don't view him a sa 3-4 OLB though... Too heavy (at least his weight at BYU haven't checked his combine weight. Tried to lose weight to play OLB but that didn't work well. Needs to stick to his weight and DE.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Havent been around here with busy work schedule so probably posted but Devontae Booker came in for an interview and workout. :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes - I hope the Broncos pick him. Best of luck to him either way.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A new pick to play with means a new mock. I will (hopefully) do a writeup tomorrow. Here is my mock currently.. yes it has hackenberg, sorry lol

31 Chris Jones DE/DT Mississippi St
63 Christian Hackenberg QB Penn St
94 Devontae Booker RB Utah
98 Christian Westerman G Arizona St
136 K.J. Dillon S West Virginia
144 Alex McCallister OLB Florida
157 Brandon Shell OT South Carolina
219 Beau Sandland TE Montana St
228 Juston Burris CB/S NC State
253 Montese Overton LB Eastern Carolina

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A new pick to play with means a new mock. I will (hopefully) do a writeup tomorrow. Here is my mock currently.. yes it has hackenberg, sorry lol

31 Chris Jones DE/DT Mississippi St
63 Christian Hackenberg QB Penn St
94 Devontae Booker RB Utah
98 Christian Westerman G Arizona St
136 K.J. Dillon S West Virginia
144 Alex McCallister OLB Florida
157 Brandon Shell OT South Carolina
219 Beau Sandland TE Montana St
228 Juston Burris CB/S NC State
253 Montese Overton LB Eastern Carolina

I think I would cry for joy if this draft happened. I think the one player that every single one of us have agreed on is that Chris Jones would be a great pick in round 1. So hard for any of us to argue that.

The other night I was up sick with a bad cough so couldn't fall asleep. Well it just so happened on tv that they had a Penn State game on tv from Hackenberg's first year starting. I found myself actually amazed at the kid when I was watching him. I mean he was making some throws that for a 19 year old just shouldn't have been happening. I feel for the kid that O'Brien decided to go back to the pros because I think if he had the training that he was getting his first year we are talking about a kid that every coach wishes they had the 1st overall to get. So I think he is worth the risk. Obviously not everybody is going to agree with this thought.

Booker is a great fit in our system if he is healthy. I'm interested to see what happens with Ronnie Hillman though. Sounds like the Broncos made an offer to him and he is now just deciding if he wants to take it. If we re-sign Hillman I have a hard time seeing us go RB before the 5th round.

Westerman I just took in the 2nd round of a Mock Draft on this site so getting him in the 3rd is of course great value in my opinion.

Dillon is the perfect replacement for Bruton. He has special teams experience. Good speed for a safety. Can actually play either spot and be successful so adds great depth to our safety group. Also is a guy that I have read plays with some attitude. He would fit right in with our group in my opinion.

McCallister is probably that first pick I disagree with. I think with his injury history and character issues he is a guy that maybe lasts clear to the 7th or later. I think he is a player that could turn into something special so worth taking a late round flyer at but I just think we can get him later than this. I do worry about his fit in the locker room but we do have a veteran group on that defense that he can learn under so hopefully that would be the case.

Shell is a good late round addition. Has great blood lines and I think he has the physical skills to be somebody who the team can spend a year or two trying to mold into a decent starter. If nothing else adds depth to the group.

I'll stop there as the other names I have never watched anything or really read anything on them. Good work though. Definitely a draft with a lot more risk than many I have seen but also one that I think people in a few years could be going "how did other teams not see this talent?"

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mingo introduced me (not literally) to the prospect Nembot a couple years ago. A really great human interest story. Here is a link to a DPO article today about him:
Stephane Nembot's message: "Anything is possible"

I hope Nembot isn't spending that 3rd round money. He has off the charts speed and agility for his size, but he is a very raw talent - especially as a pass protector. He does have the drive for success and he is a good bet to be high character and ultra-high ceiling. IMO - absolutely ideal for the Denver Broncos to train him up as a left tackle - especially with the opportunity to go against D. Ware and Von Miller, Ray, Shaq etal in practice. I'd say he is currently a reach in the 6th round (which as the last pick of that round - the Broncos could go there). The Buffs have had a much criticized Oline coach in recent years and he got moved to TE, FB coach for this coming season. Buff fans largely criticized him for Nembot's slow development. The conditioning program also seemed to fail the Oline types at CU as well.

I do believe Nembot didn't have coaching he could relate too. This caught my eye:

with former Broncos lineman Matt McChesney at Six Zero Strength and Fitness gym, tuning his technique.

Matt McChesney runs the top program for HS athletes to get ready for Division 1 opportunities. He is a former Buff and a former Bronco. CU has twice offered jobs inside the CU conditioning program and each time McChesney has flirted with it and then turned it down. McChesney has a great reputation for conditioning young guys for football - most of the Buffs instate football offers are working out in his gym - other Division one coaches and recruiters go to his gym to scout.

Because of McChesney - you can bet your top dollar the Broncos know everything about Nembot that they could possibly want to know.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm warming up to Paxton Lynch. He is the QB that most plays like Elway was capable of playing and after watching this - I'd say Lynch plays for his love of the game. I think Elway looks and him and says - he is Oz 2.0 much improved.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would cry for joy if this draft happened. I think the one player that every single one of us have agreed on is that Chris Jones would be a great pick in round 1. So hard for any of us to argue that.

The other night I was up sick with a bad cough so couldn't fall asleep. Well it just so happened on tv that they had a Penn State game on tv from Hackenberg's first year starting. I found myself actually amazed at the kid when I was watching him. I mean he was making some throws that for a 19 year old just shouldn't have been happening. I feel for the kid that O'Brien decided to go back to the pros because I think if he had the training that he was getting his first year we are talking about a kid that every coach wishes they had the 1st overall to get. So I think he is worth the risk. Obviously not everybody is going to agree with this thought.

Booker is a great fit in our system if he is healthy. I'm interested to see what happens with Ronnie Hillman though. Sounds like the Broncos made an offer to him and he is now just deciding if he wants to take it. If we re-sign Hillman I have a hard time seeing us go RB before the 5th round.

Westerman I just took in the 2nd round of a Mock Draft on this site so getting him in the 3rd is of course great value in my opinion.

Dillon is the perfect replacement for Bruton. He has special teams experience. Good speed for a safety. Can actually play either spot and be successful so adds great depth to our safety group. Also is a guy that I have read plays with some attitude. He would fit right in with our group in my opinion.

McCallister is probably that first pick I disagree with. I think with his injury history and character issues he is a guy that maybe lasts clear to the 7th or later. I think he is a player that could turn into something special so worth taking a late round flyer at but I just think we can get him later than this. I do worry about his fit in the locker room but we do have a veteran group on that defense that he can learn under so hopefully that would be the case.

Shell is a good late round addition. Has great blood lines and I think he has the physical skills to be somebody who the team can spend a year or two trying to mold into a decent starter. If nothing else adds depth to the group.

I'll stop there as the other names I have never watched anything or really read anything on them. Good work though. Definitely a draft with a lot more risk than many I have seen but also one that I think people in a few years could be going "how did other teams not see this talent?"

McCallister might be the best edge rusher in this class. His stock is all over the place right now, from UDFA, to mid 2nd. I just plugged him there because he could be an elite edge guy. Yes he needs to add strength for sure, but he is so quick and his arms are soooo long. I want that kid learning under ware. You can never have enough edge talent imo.

If I do get to this today, I will do a write up.

As for Hackenberg, yes it is a risk, but I really think the dude has correctable mistakes. He is never going to be a 75% accuracy guy, but if he quit trying to do everything himself and took what the defense gives him, as well as clean up his footwork (which is honestly boner worthy under center, especially during play actions) and continue to work on his throwing motion (dude was a pitcher in high school, he has a bit of a hitch... tiny but I see it). I think he could end up being the best qb in this class. Yes, he could flame out, but we aren't in a position to take a sure fire starter, so I say go with the guy who has flashed the mental aspects and physical aspects to be a quality nfl-level starter, just needs to be salvaged by the right team and opportunity

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its nuts considering its two guys who almost were our starters, but Lynch to me is a cross of Kaep and Os

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And If Hillman comes back, I pry take a TE in the 3rd, and RB 6th or 7th.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its nuts considering its two guys who almost were our starters, but Lynch to me is a cross of Kaep and Os

Lynch has been on my mind this AM - in trying to think like John Elway - I'd say he would like Lynch the best of the rookie QBs - again - he would also like a 5 year contract control to groom his QB. Watching some videos - Lynch can make all the throws - and he can rifle, but he also throw with touch. His stats improved each season of starting and he took a crappy team and turned them into top bowl contenders.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm warming up to Paxton Lynch. He is the QB that most plays like Elway was capable of playing and after watching this - I'd say Lynch plays for his love of the game. I think Elway looks and him and says - he is Oz 2.0 much improved.

He is a improvement . He is faster way quicker . His deep ball should be better because he is way stronger in his core .. n that he can get a really good base to throw .

Oz is a tad clumsy

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still really want to see Carroo in Denver but he is gonna end up in New England I fear. :(

If we don't go WR early I want Kenny Lawler or Bralon Addison in the 4th.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still really want to see Carroo in Denver but he is gonna end up in New England I fear. :(

If we don't go WR early I want Kenny Lawler or Bralon Addison in the 4th.

What are your thoughts on Keyarris Garrett? Looks really raw but man can he catch. Also displays great speed for his size.