• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Britt?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britt had a very good first season, his off field troubles, injuries, and subsequent falling out of favor in Tennessee bought him to this point. It is a given that he is capable, the question is.....does he still have the motivation.

BTW: Here's an interesting tidbit, RGIII had an great 1st season, not so much in his second, aren't we all talking about "potential" when referencing him and the up-coming season?

britt has played twice as long as Rg3 and 3 yrs older :suds:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line here is that Britt has a chance to shine in our new pass happy offense with Gruden. The Skins have a better chance making the playoffs than the Rams. So I don't have any idea what Britt is waiting for. The only other team I could see Britt going to is Carolina. But the Rams and Bills? Please!!!!!!!!!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line here is that Britt has a chance to shine in our new pass happy offense with Gruden. The Skins have a better chance making the playoffs than the Rams. So I don't have any idea what Britt is waiting for. The only other team I could see Britt going to is Carolina. But the Rams and Bills? Please!!!!!!!!!!

That's exactly what I'm talking about!! Some here talk about the many drops that Kenny Britt had when he was balling for Tennessee, but that was exactly the wrap on P. Garçon when he was in Indianapolis.

This team will be operating a new more pass friendly system this season, what they're going to need are guys who can stretch to field so that guys like Garçon can operate in that that short to middle range, and from time to time take it deep. To suggest that this team would be better off with a reliable number two receiver as opposed to a reliable number one receiver (that, by the way, moves P. Garçon to number two) is both shortsighted, and exactly the type of thinking that led to previous lineups that included the likes of Santana Moss et. al. Serving in the number two spot.

BTW: using a bit of logic, many here have said that Garçon is a great number one, and I'll grant that however, if we acquired a player who performed better than he in this system and he became the number two, wouldn't that make our number two spot as lethal as our number one?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly what I'm talking about!! Some here talk about the many drops that Kenny Britt had when he was balling for Tennessee, but that was exactly the wrap on P. Garçon when he was in Indianapolis.

This team will be operating a new more pass friendly system this season, what they're going to need are guys who can stretch to field so that guys like Garçon can operate in that that short to middle range, and from time to time take it deep. To suggest that this team would be better off with a reliable number two receiver as opposed to a reliable number one receiver (that, by the way, moves P. Garçon to number two) is both shortsighted, and exactly the type of thinking that led to previous lineups that included the likes of Santana Moss et. al. Serving in the number two spot.

BTW: using a bit of logic, many here have said that Garçon is a great number one, and I'll grant that however, if we acquired a player who performed better than he in this system and he became the number two, wouldn't that make our number two spot as lethal as our number one?

garcon isnt a"great" number one . he is above avg . britt has had at best an uneven career

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

STY

For you to say Britt would come in and be our #1 Wr and instantly move Garcon to #2 is ASSINE...>I dont care how much he can stretch the field, or be a playmaker (which I disagree with) No way in HELL does he come in and move garcon to #2...NO FREAKING WAY.....Could he be a solid #2 sure...

As far as stretching the field....if that is all we need, a guy to run fast down the field and strecth it...Well he is on the team already....but we are hoping he is more then that....he came on strong last year when hank went down, but he can just run fast stright down the field everytime.....

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STY

For you to say Britt would come in and be our #1 Wr and instantly move Garcon to #2 is ASSINE...>I dont care how much he can stretch the field, or be a playmaker (which I disagree with) No way in HELL does he come in and move garcon to #2...NO FREAKING WAY.....Could he be a solid #2 sure...

As far as stretching the field....if that is all we need, a guy to run fast down the field and strecth it...Well he is on the team already....but we are hoping he is more then that....he came on strong last year when hank went down, but he can just run fast stright down the field everytime.....

Did you really write this?? give me a sec.......gotta re-read your posting.............yep! you wrote it. How is it ASININE to think that another player could come here and become MORE reliable than Garcon? You pre-suppose that Garcon will continue to put up numbers like he did last season in perpetuity. How do you know that Garcon won't revert back to what has been his career rap? Drops?

Players come and go for a reason ya know!! Remember when Moss was the #1 receiver here? Want to know what's really ASININE? Believing that in a league that is all about "What have you done for me lately" lately means yesterday!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
britt has played twice as long as Rg3 and 3 yrs older :suds:

Which means that like you and I......learned from his mistakes and is now prepared to use those mistakes to help guide others.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which means that like you and I......learned from his mistakes and is now prepared to use those mistakes to help guide others.

really sty ? at age 26 we should be talking about production not potential . at age 23 we can still talk potential

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you really write this?? give me a sec.......gotta re-read your posting.............yep! you wrote it. How is it ASININE to think that another player could come here and become MORE reliable than Garcon? You pre-suppose that Garcon will continue to put up numbers like he did last season in perpetuity. How do you know that Garcon won't revert back to what has been his career rap? Drops?

Players come and go for a reason ya know!! Remember when Moss was the #1 receiver here? Want to know what's really ASININE? Believing that in a league that is all about "What have you done for me lately" lately means yesterday!!

Better re-read it again....I said it is asinine to think he would come into DC and automatically be the #1 WR and relegating Garcon to #2 status.....

how do you know that Britt wont revert back to his days of getting in trouble??

how do you know that he has in fact fixed his problem of dropping the ball......

I do know that since Garcon has been in DC...His hands are not suspect......I do know that from what little Britt has shown, HIS HANDS ARE!!!!

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect, tell that to Kurt Warner and Steve Young.

Well Kurt Warner never had the potential crutch to lean on.......

And Young....Well hard to actually do it when you are firmly planted behind Montana....All he could do was use the Potential card, becuase he never got to play

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 vs 2 is kind of asinine IMO. He'll likely be on the field consistently and his skill set would be more of the prototypical 1, even if he's more the second option. Garcon, likewise, may get more looks, but his skillset is prototypically more of a 2 role.

More importantly, Washington is a better opportunity to play with an actual QB.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Garcon faster than Britt?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 vs 2 is kind of asinine IMO. He'll likely be on the field consistently and his skill set would be more of the prototypical 1, even if he's more the second option. Garcon, likewise, may get more looks, but his skillset is prototypically more of a 2 role.

More importantly, Washington is a better opportunity to play with an actual QB.

Be careful JDM, saying that P. Garcon is and has been the prototypical #2 and in fact a career #2 is exactly how all of these objections to the same began.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Kurt Warner never had the potential crutch to lean on.......

And Young....Well hard to actually do it when you are firmly planted behind Montana....All he could do was use the Potential card, becuase he never got to play

Young had an opportunity in TB before he ever got to SF.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really sty ? at age 26 we should be talking about production not potential . at age 23 we can still talk potential

Free Agency is all about potential, The draft is all about potential, the up-coming season and every one that follows is all about potential. Conversations about production come after the fact.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Tennessee teams Britt played for much different from TB?

Yes.. Much Different....way more talent in Tenn then they had in TB....At least in Tenn...the O-line didnt Oley block like they did in tampa

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free Agency is all about potential, The draft is all about potential, the up-coming season and every one that follows is all about potential. Conversations about production come after the fact.

that is foolishness and tap dancing . he hasnt produced as a number 1 wr period .