• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Britt?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owner Bob Kraft confirmed the Patriots won't be signing free agent Kenny Britt.
"We won't be signing him," Kraft said. "That won't happen." Britt visited the Patriots last week. Coach/GM Bill Belichick wasn't even present for the meeting. Britt is expected to make a decision where to sign within the next couple days. Other teams previously linked to Britt are the Rams, Redskins, Bills, and Panthers.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this taking so long?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this taking so long?

He is looking for the best deal for him. Cant really blame the guy can you?? Its likely his last payday unless he blows up. And odds are he wants a one year deal, teams are likely trying for a longer deal.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owner Bob Kraft confirmed the Patriots won't be signing free agent Kenny Britt.
"We won't be signing him," Kraft said. "That won't happen." Britt visited the Patriots last week. Coach/GM Bill Belichick wasn't even present for the meeting. Britt is expected to make a decision where to sign within the next couple days. Other teams previously linked to Britt are the Rams, Redskins, Bills, and Panthers.

I would love to sign this guy to an incentive laden contract. He would instantly upgrade a WR corp that has been historically (since Clark, Sanders and Monk) bad. He wants a short term deal.....perfect, but include options for the team in the event that he is determined to get his career back on track.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to sign this guy to an incentive laden contract. He would instantly upgrade a WR corp that has been historically (since Clark, Sanders and Monk) bad. He wants a short term deal.....perfect, but include options for the team in the event that he is determined to get his career back on track.

injuries and character . if he has put them behind him it could work out

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he wants a one year deal give it to him.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he wants a one year deal give it to him.

Absolutely!!! Where's the downside to a one year incentive laden contract with options and out clauses for the team? In fact with incentives where's the downside for Mr. Britt (3-13?)

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely!!! Where's the downside to a one year incentive laden contract with options and out clauses for the team? In fact with incentives where's the downside for Mr. Britt (3-13?)

I agree, there would be plenty of reason for Britt to give 110%?? But as the writer stated, what if he has a great great year?? Then do we give a long term/high dollar deal to a guy who has been a complete dumbass/knucklehead and had a couple of decent years and managed to stay out of trouble for a change??

I guess maybe on the right, short term type of contract, he is worth the flyer. It just seems unlikely that we would come out smelling like roses with this guy. Not impossible, I just don't personally get a warm and fuzzy.

The way our luck is, he will perform like the 1st rounder that he was, and we'll be forced to pay him crazy money or let him walk. We'll pay him money and he'll get in trouble or get injured again...

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would let him walk if he does well. We can win the division this year. We need to score points. We just cant rely on Garcon, Reed, and Roberts. We need a 4th weapon. I thought Owen Daniels would be it but who the hell knows what happened to him. That would be two stud receiving TE's. If that happened you can role with what we have now.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the latest:

Rams GM Les Snead said the team has a "better than 50 percent" chance of signing free agent Kenny Britt.
St. Louis was Britt's first visit of free agency. He then went to New England, Washington, and Buffalo. The Patriots have already said they won't sign Britt. The Rams give Britt his best opportunity to be a No. 1 receiver and potentially revive his career. Britt is expected to make a decision within the next couple days.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the money is the same, why would he pick the Rams over us? Who has a better chance to win there division? Who has a better chance on making the playoffs? Doesn't make sense to me that he will pick the Rams which are going no where in that division.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the latest:

Rams GM Les Snead said the team has a "better than 50 percent" chance of signing free agent Kenny Britt.
St. Louis was Britt's first visit of free agency. He then went to New England, Washington, and Buffalo. The Patriots have already said they won't sign Britt. The Rams give Britt his best opportunity to be a No. 1 receiver and potentially revive his career. Britt is expected to make a decision within the next couple days.

For a moment I thought that I was in total agreement with you, however, his best opportunity to become a No. 1 is here..........When he plays to his potential we don't have anyone on the roster with his skillset.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the money is the same, why would he pick the Rams over us? Who has a better chance to win there division? Who has a better chance on making the playoffs? Doesn't make sense to me that he will pick the Rams which are going no where in that division.

There you go!! On this we are completely in agreement!!!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not better than Garcon. What are you saying???

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not better than Garcon. What are you saying???

Kenny Britt playing to his potential, is every bit the game changer that Garcon could never be!! That is what I'm saying!!!

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny Britt playing to his potential, is every bit the game changer that Garcon could never be!! That is what I'm saying!!!
what more does garcon have to do?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so far britt has been lip service . show it on the field and at age 26" potential" shouldnt be in the conversation

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so far britt has been lip service . show it on the field and at age 26" potential" shouldnt be in the conversation

Britt had a very good first season, his off field troubles, injuries, and subsequent falling out of favor in Tennessee bought him to this point. It is a given that he is capable, the question is.....does he still have the motivation.

BTW: Here's an interesting tidbit, RGIII had an great 1st season, not so much in his second, aren't we all talking about "potential" when referencing him and the up-coming season?

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Britt is any better receiver the Garcon at all.....

STY.....you keep saying Britt is a game changer when he plays to his potential....Well he didnt change too many games when he was playing to that potential....He certainly didnt make the Impact on his team Gracon has made on the Skins...

Ok..Britt may be a threat to take it the distance if he cathcs the ball.....well Garcon can as well....but Garcon runs better routes, has a bigger catch radius, and catchs the ball...He is an ALL AROUND better receiver then Britt.....and if Britt did come to DC he would clearly be at best #2 on the depth chart....

Alot of Britts problems last year arose from him NOT MAKING the catchs....Dropping the DAMN ball, and not putting forth the effort on the field.....If a wr keeps dropping the ball like Britt did...you put in a player that will catch it.....

I personally hope he chooses STL...There he would be the #1 guy, as thier pickings are slim....

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a ridiculous statement. Last season Garcon was one of the best receivers in the NFL on a team that was challenged on the offensive side of the ball in many games. He is a complete receiver. Perhaps he is not a burner but so what? Britt coming to the Skins will not in any way make Garcon the # 2 receiver.