• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Britt?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you really write this?? give me a sec.......gotta re-read your posting.............yep! you wrote it. How is it ASININE to think that another player could come here and become MORE reliable than Garcon? You pre-suppose that Garcon will continue to put up numbers like he did last season in perpetuity. How do you know that Garcon won't revert back to what has been his career rap? Drops?

Players come and go for a reason ya know!! Remember when Moss was the #1 receiver here? Want to know what's really ASININE? Believing that in a league that is all about "What have you done for me lately" lately means yesterday!!

When I read this kind of crap I just laugh. :L "perpetuity"? Really? Garcon doesn't represent an annuity or cash flow payments but he is the GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING!!! He had (1) season (last year) that Britt will NEVER have in his career. Garcon is our #1 whether you think he is or not and everyone else is a compliment to that. Britt would be fine however, if he doesn't come to the Skins then so what...

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I read this kind of crap I just laugh. :L "perpetuity"? Really? Garcon doesn't represent an annuity or cash flow payments but he is the GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING!!! He had (1) season (last year) that Britt will NEVER have in his career. Garcon is our #1 whether you think he is or not and everyone else is a compliment to that. Britt would be fine however, if he doesn't come to the Skins then so what...

Sorry that you don't know this......
Perpetuity | Define Perpetuity at Dictionary.com

dictionary.reference.com/browse/perpetuity

BTW: How do you know that Mr. Britt won't ever have a season like or better than Mr. Garcon? I suggest that the next time that one of those multi-state lotteries gets huge, you use that same force that led you to that conclusion to win it.

The "so what" will be....the team acquires or drafts another player with the same ability that relegates Garcon back to his career status. I hope this answers your questions and you are so very welcome for the literary lesson.

Last edited by a moderator:

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
britt is no where near garcons level, garcon led the league in receptions, britt has number 2 receiver written all over him.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britt had immense talent. There was one stretch where everybody thought he going to be great...then injuries really set in and he hasn't recovered. Will he? Probably not to a level better than Garcon.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry that you don't know this......
Perpetuity | Define Perpetuity at Dictionary.com

dictionary.reference.com/browse/perpetuity

BTW: How do you know that Mr. Britt won't ever have a season like or better than Mr. Garcon? I suggest that the next time that one of those multi-state lotteries gets huge, you use that same force that led you to that conclusion to win it.

The "so what" will be....the team acquires or drafts another player with the same ability that relegates Garcon back to his career status. I hope this answers your questions and you are so very welcome for the literary lesson.

Good grief Stymie...you over value Britt just like others. There is a reason he is still unemployed right now. "How do you know that Mr. Britt won't ever have a season like or better than Mr. Garcon"? If you have to ask then your not seeing the true value Garcon holds.

Using perpetuity in the context of a sentence as you did is well, just wrong. Enough said. :clap:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
britt is no where near garcons level, garcon led the league in receptions, britt has number 2 receiver written all over him.

The point is style. Britt fills a more prototypical number one role and gives garçon even more freedom to do what he does best.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to defend Stymie a bit here. While not perfectly correct, his use of perpetuity was not too far off...because you could refer to life meaning a football player. Maybe he was just trying to use the word of the day.

He's not the only one I see doing this, using big words, maybe to sound a bit more intellectual. I have seen big words misspelled by others in this exact thread such as...asinine. You can't blame people for trying as long as they're not being asses to others about grammar and spelling.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to defend Stymie a bit here. While not perfectly correct, his use of perpetuity was not too far off...because you could refer to life meaning a football player. Maybe he was just trying to use the word of the day.

He's not the only one I see doing this, using big words, maybe to sound a bit more intellectual. I have seen big words misspelled by others in this exact thread such as...asinine. You can't blame people for trying as long as they're not being asses to others about grammar and spelling.

I will roll with that GK and I applaud Stymie's effort but this is football we are talking about and "perpetuity" doesn't belong. In any case, I'm not or never claim to be the grammar police and he can use any words he wants. My main bone of contention with Stymie's comments is Britt will never unseat Garcon as the Skins #1WR nor will he put up any kind of numbers Garcon put up last year in his career. I'm on record as saying, "NEVER"!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britt had immense talent. There was one stretch where everybody thought he going to be great...then injuries really set in and he hasn't recovered. Will he? Probably not to a level better than Garcon.

Time and the system that he operates in will tell if he is able to reclaim the promise shown prior to his injuries and falling out with management. You may very well be correct in stating that he's unable to regain that Oomph that he once had.....we'll see!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is foolishness and tap dancing . he hasnt produced as a number 1 wr period .

We are pretty limited to one language here........English, if we are to use the words, let us at least be able to do so in context. There may be some readers who are not privy to what the writer intends to say. .

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are pretty limited to one language here........English, if we are to use the words, let us at least be able to do so in context. There may be some readers who are not privy to what the writer intends to say. .

this has what to do with production vs potential ?

you draft players on potential , you sign free agents on demonstrated production

at age 26 if he hasnt reached his "potential " then he most likely wont . so you look at production and his production is that of a #2 upper end 3 period

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agents are signed on potential at least as often as actual production.

If you're signing them based on what they did in the past instead of what they will do in your system you're bad at your job.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agents are signed on potential at least as often as actual production.

If you're signing them based on what they did in the past instead of what they will do in your system you're bad at your job.

so ok its what 80 to 20 ?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this has what to do with production vs potential ?

you draft players on potential , you sign free agents on demonstrated production

at age 26 if he hasnt reached his "potential " then he most likely wont . so you look at production and his production is that of a #2 upper end 3 period

First, you don't sign free agents on past production, you sign them because they "potentially" help your team based on PAST performance.

Memo to all NFL teams: If you have 26 year old veterans who have not reached their full potential by now then "most likely they won't".....cut them all!!!

Signed

Skinsdad62

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a split. It's either 100% what you believe they will do in your system or you are bad at your job.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
britt for 1.4 mil 550,000 guaranteed could go to 2.9 with incentives

seems reasonable

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed...not unhappy we didn't outbid STL

but

wouldn't have minded if we had equaled it.

Fine either way.

the jackson thing could have influenced things too