• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brett Brown is coming back

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
76ers coach Brown will return for 2019-20 season

Shouldn't be surprising given the outspoken support he got from players on the team.

I do think it was a smart move by Harris to put Brown on notice for next year though. Hopefully his staying will help bring back Butler/Harris/Reddick assuming they want to.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he finally going to have Simmons work on a jump shot this summer?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should come back.

And he should move Simmons to power forward if he still can't shoot.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons imo doesn’t need to have a jumpshot but he absolutely needs to have a dominant post game. In addition to that the sixers need to add a stretch 4.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should come back.

And he should move Simmons to power forward if he still can't shoot.

Not going to help because Simmons will still be the primary ball handler.

Simmons should be a professional and actually put some work in during the summer for the first time in 3 years

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons imo doesn’t need to have a jumpshot but he absolutely needs to have a dominant post game. In addition to that the sixers need to add a stretch 4.

Well Bolden would ostenibly be the stretch 4 if he can improve his game in his 2nd year.

But for Simmons to be a post up player, they need reliable primary ball handler. I love McConnell but he isn't a player that can get significant minutes on a championship caliber team.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Bolden would ostenibly be the stretch 4 if he can improve his game in his 2nd year.

But for Simmons to be a post up player, they need reliable primary ball handler. I love McConnell but he isn't a player that can get significant minutes on a championship caliber team.

I actually don't think they need another primary ball handler. Simmons can still fill that role and be a cog in the post once the half-court offense is set.

I actually think the Triangle offense in general is no longer feasible in today's NBA, but tbh I think Simmons would thrive in some triangle situations. I think Brett Brown should look at ways to incorporate Triangle principles into the offense using Simmons as the post facilitator.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually don't think they need another primary ball handler. Simmons can still fill that role and be a cog in the post once the half-court offense is set.

I actually think the Triangle offense in general is no longer feasible in today's NBA, but tbh I think Simmons would thrive in some triangle situations. I think Brett Brown should look at ways to incorporate Triangle principles into the offense using Simmons as the post facilitator.

It will be interesting to see how the Sixers adapt next year assuming that they keep at least one of Butler and/or Harris.

Simmons needs to build his confidence on the mid-range jumper in the off season. If he can develop a reliable pull-up from 12 feet, it will dramatically open things up for him.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how the Sixers adapt next year assuming that they keep at least one of Butler and/or Harris.

Simmons needs to build his confidence on the mid-range jumper in the off season. If he can develop a reliable pull-up from 12 feet, it will dramatically open things up for him.

I'm not punting Simmons just yet as a lot of people are. Dude has an amazing skill set, but I think part of the problem is Simmons development, but also the sixers need to properly utilize him. Having him be a taller version of Westbrook does not help the team.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not punting Simmons just yet as a lot of people are. Dude has an amazing skill set, but I think part of the problem is Simmons development, but also the sixers need to properly utilize him. Having him be a taller version of Westbrook does not help the team.

Yeah. Anyone who is punting on Simmons doesn't understand basketball. He just finished his 2nd year. 2nd year players rarely are expected to contribute, much less be dominant, in the playoffs. His aggression and confidence will almost certainly increase as he gets older.

IMO, Brown needs to show that he knows how to work with the players he has and maximize their talents. IOW, he needs to show that he learned some things from Pop.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was fine either way with Brett. Hopefully Brett Brown doesn't Andy Reid this thing. Just like Simmons and Embiid need to improve on their game, Brett needs to improve on his set plays and not think it's philosophy over talent.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please take Rambis as an assistant coach!

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please take Rambis as an assistant coach!

Principles. You don't want to entire offense. Shit you could hire Mark Madsen to give you tips on how it works instead of having Rambis' busted ass on the bench.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Principles. You don't want to entire offense. Shit you could hire Mark Madsen to give you tips on how it works instead of having Rambis' busted ass on the bench.

Yeah, but then you'd have to potentially deal with this....

tenor.gif

BothTidyDogwoodtwigborer-small.gif

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Anyone who is punting on Simmons doesn't understand basketball. He just finished his 2nd year. 2nd year players rarely are expected to contribute, much less be dominant, in the playoffs. His aggression and confidence will almost certainly increase as he gets older.
It's attitude. We don't know this for certain but if he's just coasting through his offseasons and not working on improving then he's never going to get better where he needs to most.

Only the Sixers staff know this for sure though.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's attitude. We don't know this for certain but if he's just coasting through his offseasons and not working on improving then he's never going to get better where he needs to most.

Only the Sixers staff know this for sure though.

I am not going to get too concerned about that at this point in his career. Very few young players are really as committed as they should be. Especially top pedigree players like Simmons.

He really only had last year as a full off season.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly's in the ECF right now if Simmons could hit anything outside of 10-feet consistently.

Well they are in the ECF if any number of things happen.

If Simmons can hit a 15 footer, he becomes one of the best players in basketball.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they are in the ECF if any number of things happen.

If Simmons can hit a 15 footer, he becomes one of the best players in basketball.

Simmons not being able to hit a mid-range consistently and his insistence on not taking that shot is the biggest weakness right now with Philly.