• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Satelite camps shut down immediately

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? what purpose does it serve except to make Leach out to be a liar, which most everyone thinks anyway already. We can sit and look at the media driven blitz on this and all the he said she said bullshit we want and at the end of the day one thing holds true, its banned and its not likely to be any different for a while.
Because he directly called out the PAC representative. Even if the PAC didn't say anything as a conference, you would think another coach would say something like they didn't vote that way.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ok, I never expected a real response that wasn't talking about the bullshit "for the kids" angle.
I've explained how it benefits the small schools. I've explained how it benefits larger schools that are not in talent-rich areas (ex. Oregon, Oklahoma, etc.). I'm not going to just continue repeating myself for your benefit. Read the thread.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Insider information?

My numbers were tongue in cheek, not hard numbers that I knew about. Costs vary at different places so please, gain some perspective that it was for conversation purposes and not factual costs.:L

My numbers were the actual cost of UM's satellite camps last year. $211,948 to be precise. $198,481 of that was on private charter planes. Hotel and Meals was $13,467.

So the cost factor is based solely on how you want to handle the travel -- schools with unlimited funds have the option to use private charter planes. Schools on a budget could cut that figure down exponentially by flying commercial or using any other type of travel.

I gave you the numbers to show you how the 400,000 you used was way too high.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he directly called out the PAC representative. Even if the PAC didn't say anything as a conference, you would think another coach would say something like they didn't vote that way.

Again, why? If they did vote to not allow and he is blowing smoke it serves no purpose except to show Leach is a fool with a big mouth and we all know that. If they voted to allow them and he is telling the truth it still serves no purpose as the vote is as it is and it only undermines whoever voted to not allow the camps for the Pac 12. So again, why speak up?

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, why? If they did vote to not allow and he is blowing smoke it serves no purpose except to show Leach is a fool with a big mouth and we all know that. If they voted to allow them and he is telling the truth it still serves no purpose as the vote is as it is and it only undermines whoever voted to not allow the camps for the Pac 12. So again, why speak up?
I agree with the second part for sure. Maybe you're right. I just think it's strange that 3 of the 4 Oregon/Washington schools have been supportive, and schools like ASU/Arizona/Utah/Colorado could benefit greatly from them, yet apparently they voted against it?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've explained how it benefits the small schools. I've explained how it benefits larger schools that are not in talent-rich areas (ex. Oregon, Oklahoma, etc.). I'm not going to just continue repeating myself for your benefit. Read the thread.

So it basically boils down to you wanting recruiting welfare.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As opposed to...

Schools actually getting out there and doing their own work and being rewarded for that work.

Alabama recruits in California without camps or welfare, but the problem for Nebraska and Michigan is they need help?

Maybe you should just stick to the NFL.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My numbers were the actual cost of UM's satellite camps last year. $211,948 to be precise. $198,481 of that was on private charter planes. Hotel and Meals was $13,467.

So the cost factor is based solely on how you want to handle the travel -- schools with unlimited funds have the option to use private charter planes. Schools on a budget could cut that figure down exponentially by flying commercial or using any other type of travel.

I gave you the numbers to show you how the 400,000 you used was way too high.

And again, you dont seem to realize that my numbers were fictional and not based on any one thing, but still could be the actual cost of school B that does not pertain to Michigan. You seem to think that these costs are static and would be exactly the same for each school when clearly that is not the case.

So since you seem to have those numbers, how many kids did they get out of those camps? what was the cost per kid breakdown?

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schools actually getting out there and doing their own work and being rewarded for that work.

Alabama recruits in California without camps or welfare, but the problem for Nebraska and Michigan is they need help?

Maybe you should just stick to the NFL.
How is attending camps not doing their own work?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean like going out and doing satellite camps while coaches like Hugh Freeze is worried about his vacation time?

Isn't that putting in work?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same reason why the SEC coaches have spoke out against the satellite camps before they were banned? Just a guess.

Might wanna read all the posts that pertain to this and then speak.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like going out and doing satellite camps while coaches like Hugh Freeze is worried about his vacation time?

Isn't that putting in work?

No, like pulling in top classes based on the already existing methods which you guys apparently think is too hard.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And again, you dont seem to realize that my numbers were fictional and not based on any one thing, but still could be the actual cost of school B that does not pertain to Michigan. You seem to think that these costs are static and would be exactly the same for each school when clearly that is not the case.

So since you seem to have those numbers, how many kids did they get out of those camps? what was the cost per kid breakdown?

I'm saying your fictional numbers are grossly exaggerated. UM used private planes for their staff and it cost half of the amount you are stating.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Saban able to pull in #1 recruiting classes without camps?
He's within driving distance of a huge percentage of top high school talent. He's also a very good recruiter for a team that has been very successful recently, but the location advantage definitely plays a part. If you want to talk about fairness for all, the camps helped with that.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, like pulling in top classes based on the already existing methods which you guys apparently think is too hard.

You mean the method of having the SEC schools located in pretty much every top recruiting state in the country outside of California?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying your fictional numbers are grossly exaggerated. UM used private planes for their staff and it cost half of the amount you are stating.

You dont know that would be the same for say a USC, or a ND, or an Alabama. costs vary from state to state, region to region and you have no way of saying they are "grossly exaggerated" without knowing all the variables involved at each school. So this argument you are using is floating on a see of crap.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Saban able to pull in #1 recruiting classes without camps?

Ask Saban about his #1 recruiting classes he was bringing in at MSU. Or why "his method" didn't work in the NFL?

SEC fans can't be this delusional to not realize they are smack dab in the middle of the best recruiting areas in the country or they are just too stubborn to admit it.