• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Satelite camps shut down immediately

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
400,000 dollars for a satellite camp? To put it in perspective. Harbaugh's entire trip last summer was 211,000 and 198,000 of it was airfare for private charter planes.

That was for 8 days and 10 stops.
Insider information?

My numbers were tongue in cheek, not hard numbers that I knew about. Costs vary at different places so please, gain some perspective that it was for conversation purposes and not factual costs.:L

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is exactly what the people posting online are doing. Do I personally know them? No. My days of hanging out with high school kids ended 15+ years ago.
And you believe everyone that posts online? If so I need you to come to my house to look at some really great land, its a steal of a deal.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you believe everyone that posts online? If so I need you to come to my house to look at some really great land, its a steal of a deal.
They are kids in college now who are making the posts. Not terribly difficult to figure out if it is true or not. They tell you what college they r at

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I can't buy that. Some schools can afford to spend that, others can't. Some schools can afford to send their coaches out recruiting in private jets, others can't. I doubt SEC coaches would be on board with banning the use of private jets for the sake of fairness. The benefits that schools with less money can get by using satellite camps far outweigh the drawbacks. Sure, MTSU can't probably afford to set up shop in SoCal for their own satellite camp, but they could team up with Michigan to host their own camp in Tennessee and get a ton more kids on campus than they would by just having a camp by themselves.

Yes but you are still missing the point here, its cost per recruit that we are talking about. I am showing you sides of this that you most likely have not factored in that I know these schools look at. I know this because I am friends with many inside the Bama Athletic department due to computer work I did for them some time back. They have people that look at the costs on recruits, they look at overall costs for the recruiting and so on. I dont know hard numbers for things but they have mentioned that the AD does look at costs and scrutinize heavily on why money was pent on certain items when its not been shown to be cost effective in the past.

Imagine the scrutiny at smaller schools that dont have the benefit of a large overflowing budget like an Alabama and you can see why this factors in. Smaller school it would be a plus for them to get a large group at once to speak to, but the larger schools only have so much room for lesser start players, which is why these camps are really not beneficial to the bigger schools. What is funny is Harbaugh acts like they knee capped him over this issue and I think its funny.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but you are still missing the point here, its cost per recruit that we are talking about. I am showing you sides of this that you most likely have not factored in that I know these schools look at. I know this because I am friends with many inside the Bama Athletic department due to computer work I did for them some time back. They have people that look at the costs on recruits, they look at overall costs for the recruiting and so on. I dont know hard numbers for things but they have mentioned that the AD does look at costs and scrutinize heavily on why money was pent on certain items when its not been shown to be cost effective in the past.

Imagine the scrutiny at smaller schools that dont have the benefit of a large overflowing budget like an Alabama and you can see why this factors in. Smaller school it would be a plus for them to get a large group at once to speak to, but the larger schools only have so much room for lesser start players, which is why these camps are really not beneficial to the bigger schools. What is funny is Harbaugh acts like they knee capped him over this issue and I think its funny.
While part of it from the school's perspective is potentially finding an under-the-radar guy, the bigger part is getting exposure/getting a school's brand out in a different part of the country. If schools don't see the return they want, they will stop doing them. Schools that don't think it is worth it do not need to do them. I just can't get on board with the idea that it's not worth it in the eyes of some, so it should be banned for all. If, as you suggest, Harbaugh and Michigan are wasting a ton of money for this, great. Let them waste money. It doesn't hurt anybody but Michigan.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are kids in college now who are making the posts. Not terribly difficult to figure out if it is true or not. They tell you what college they r at

And you believe them all, isnt that cute. :L

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which post would that be?
I see a difference between acknowledging something and actually making arguments for it.

This entire thread has been nothing but crying over the kids. Crying that the SEC and others are acting only in their own self interest, while the mighty and noble Big10 is the only one that actually cares about the kids because they are in favor of them.

It's been nothing but bullshit. It comes down to who's self interests were in the majority overall and Michigan, Nebraska and every other school are out at these camps for nothing but themselves. Yet the argument is constantly "for the kids" and "the SEC is evil and doesn't want what's best for the kids".

So I want to see you argue for the schools. For some reason you have plenty of time to argue the bullshit argument of "for the kids" and don't seem to have time to bring it up for the schools.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a difference between acknowledging something and actually making arguments for it.

This entire thread has been nothing but crying over the kids. Crying that the SEC and others are acting only in their own self interest, while the mighty and noble Big10 is the only one that actually cares about the kids because they are in favor of them.

It's been nothing but bullshit. It comes down to who's self interests were in the majority overall and Michigan, Nebraska and every other school are out at these camps for nothing but themselves. Yet the argument is constantly "for the kids" and "the SEC is evil and doesn't want what's best for the kids".

So I want to see you argue for the schools. For some reason you have plenty of time to argue the bullshit argument of "for the kids" and don't seem to have time to bring it up for the schools.
What do you mean, argue for the schools? Like why satellite camps are good for them?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While part of it from the school's perspective is potentially finding an under-the-radar guy, the bigger part is getting exposure/getting a school's brand out in a different part of the country. If schools don't see the return they want, they will stop doing them. Schools that don't think it is worth it do not need to do them. I just can't get on board with the idea that it's not worth it in the eyes of some, so it should be banned for all. If, as you suggest, Harbaugh and Michigan are wasting a ton of money for this, great. Let them waste money. It doesn't hurt anybody but Michigan.

It was banned for all due to factors that you nor I actually know about. It has nothing to do with the rhetoric that biased fans are saying nor any bullshit reasons that the media is coming up with. The fact that a majority vote caused this speaks to a democratic system that worked as it should, so we can atleast be thankful that we have that much going for us.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean, argue for the schools? Like why satellite camps are good for them?

I want to see an argument why these camps should stay that isn't bullshit.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was banned for all due to factors that you nor I actually know about. It has nothing to do with the rhetoric that biased fans are saying nor any bullshit reasons that the media is coming up with. The fact that a majority vote caused this speaks to a democratic system that worked as it should, so we can atleast be thankful that we have that much going for us.
Except that now there are certain coaches coming out and saying they aren't sure why their conference voted the way that it did. There's no way for the public to know how the particular teams in a conference voted, we only see the final result, which is one representative from that conference.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been making those for 50 pages now. Just because you don't like my position doesn't mean my argument is bullshit.

That's what I figured, another cop out.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I figured, another cop out.
For someone who has provided little to no actual substance to this thread other than attempting (poorly) to poke holes in the arguments of others, you sure do require some serious hand-holding through all this.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For someone who has provided little to no actual substance to this thread other than attempting (poorly) to poke holes in the arguments of others, you sure do require some serious hand-holding through all this.

It's ok, I never expected a real response that wasn't talking about the bullshit "for the kids" angle.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that now there are certain coaches coming out and saying they aren't sure why their conference voted the way that it did. There's no way for the public to know how the particular teams in a conference voted, we only see the final result, which is one representative from that conference.

Certain coaches does not make the majority of a conference though. If I saw 10 coaches from the Pac 12 state they dont know why then I would be worried, but one or even a couple from each conference is of no consequence because they are not the majority. As is always true in our society, majority rules unless its a social issue then its the one who whines the loudest gets the grease.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certain coaches does not make the majority of a conference though. If I saw 10 coaches from the Pac 12 state they dont know why then I would be worried, but one or even a couple from each conference is of no consequence because they are not the majority. As is always true in our society, majority rules unless its a social issue then its the one who whines the loudest gets the grease.
I know it's Leach, but he said the vote for satellite camps among coaches in the PAC was 11 for allowing the camps with 1 abstaining. It's been a couple days now since he made that comment, and nobody has come out and said he's lying. You would think they would try to dispel that rumor immediately if it were untrue.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's Leach, but he said the vote for satellite camps among coaches in the PAC was 11 for allowing the camps with 1 abstaining. It's been a couple days now since he made that comment, and nobody has come out and said he's lying. You would think they would try to dispel that rumor immediately if it were untrue.

Why? what purpose does it serve except to make Leach out to be a liar, which most everyone thinks anyway already. We can sit and look at the media driven blitz on this and all the he said she said bullshit we want and at the end of the day one thing holds true, its banned and its not likely to be any different for a while.