• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Satelite camps shut down immediately

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG!!!

This has all been a smokescreen by the SEC!!!

You sneaky SEC sonsabitches! While we were all wrapped-up and distracted with this satellite-gate stuff, the friggin' SEC does an end-around with this crap:
Chick-fil-A to open 20 Michigan locations within five years

SONSABITCHES!!!

Invading the north with that SEC fast-food chicken crap!

You damn mother-scratchers! I knew Saban and the rest of those unscrupulous SEC powers were up to something!

You just watch.... before we even know it, those SEC bastards are gonna be forcing that NASCAR crap down our throats too.... don't be surprised to soon see those cotdamn perpetual left-turn races being broadcast up here in the north..... on the BTN of all channels!!!

Well played SEC..... well played.

SONSABITCHES!!!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just pointed out the petition started to overturn the ban is by a 5 star athlete's mom. It isn't as if the kid needs more exposure, he was invited to The Opening Camp as a junior and finished #1 in the Nike Football Ratings in the camp, ahead of all the seniors. Though I'm quite sure, any chance Alabama did have went out the window now.

And while the "poor kid" statement was used as hyperbole -- THAT is the reason for much of the outrage. So many of these kids in the inner city are exactly what you said -- poor kids. They don't have the funds to travel to camps. And the people upset aren't the 5 star kids per se -- they are going to get noticed regardless. It is the under the radar kids with limited exposure and zero chance to go to college unless they get a scholarship. Those are the kids who this hurts the most.

It won't have the slightest effect on any big program, whether these camps are banned or not. It does make the conferences who voted against them look bad though, in the eyes of kids who relied on those type of camps to make a name for themselves.

Yes, because 5 stars need more exposure. That's a great argument.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine, let's hear your argument for the schools then if it exists.
What schools? I would think that the benefit for the power 5 schools is pretty evident...ability to see a large number of prospects while also getting those prospects familiar with the coaches and brand is pretty obvious. I've been over the benefit for the smaller schools pretty thoroughly already, so you're welcome to go find that if you really care to. I'm pretty sure you and I argued about that specific point so you're aware. I didn't really go into a ton of detail about the benefits for a larger school because I figured that was kind of a given.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What schools? I would think that the benefit for the power 5 schools is pretty evident...ability to see a large number of prospects while also getting those prospects familiar with the coaches and brand is pretty obvious. I've been over the benefit for the smaller schools pretty thoroughly already, so you're welcome to go find that if you really care to. I'm pretty sure you and I argued about that specific point so you're aware. I didn't really go into a ton of detail about the benefits for a larger school because I figured that was kind of a given.

So the schools are being screwed over is the problem?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright so who exactly are you saying harbaugh screwed. The schools or the kids?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I just see no point in arguing with someone who is either really dense or at least pretending to be.

I see a difference between acknowledging something and actually making arguments for it.

This entire thread has been nothing but crying over the kids. Crying that the SEC and others are acting only in their own self interest, while the mighty and noble Big10 is the only one that actually cares about the kids because they are in favor of them.

It's been nothing but bullshit. It comes down to who's self interests were in the majority overall and Michigan, Nebraska and every other school are out at these camps for nothing but themselves. Yet the argument is constantly "for the kids" and "the SEC is evil and doesn't want what's best for the kids".

So I want to see you argue for the schools. For some reason you have plenty of time to argue the bullshit argument of "for the kids" and don't seem to have time to bring it up for the schools.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a difference between acknowledging something and actually making arguments for it.

This entire thread has been nothing but crying over the kids. Crying that the SEC and others are acting only in their own self interest, while the mighty and noble Big10 is the only one that actually cares about the kids because they are in favor of them.

It's been nothing but bullshit. It comes down to who's self interests were in the majority overall and Michigan, Nebraska and every other school are out at these camps for nothing but themselves. Yet the argument is constantly "for the kids" and "the SEC is evil and doesn't want what's best for the kids".

So I want to see you argue for the schools. For some reason you have plenty of time to argue the bullshit argument of "for the kids" and don't seem to have time to bring it up for the schools.
Have I been condemning the SEC? I've got no problem with them voting for what is best for their conference. I have way more of a problem with the Big 12 and PAC12 because I think they voted in a way that does not benefit the majority of their conferences.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately haha

Although I got to know Backes when he was playing juniors here in NE so if someone was gonna do that, I'm glad it was him.
You could almost see that coming with the SOG differential. But I still think its Chicagos cup to lose. The kings are going to be pretty solid too tho

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could almost see that coming with the SOG differential. But I still think its Chicagos cup to lose. The kings are going to be pretty solid too tho
You're not really in trouble until you lose one at home. I'll happily take a split for the first two games.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not really in trouble until you lose one at home. I'll happily take a split for the first two games.
I think that may be a long series. But I think the west will be between chicago and LA. The Rangers may be in trouble if Lunqvists eye injury is serious

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have I been condemning the SEC? I've got no problem with them voting for what is best for their conference. I have way more of a problem with the Big 12 and PAC12 because I think they voted in a way that does not benefit the majority of their conferences.
:stephena:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because 5 stars need more exposure. That's a great argument.
Can you read? If so, show me where, out of what I just said, you got the idea I was saying 5 star players need more exposure?