• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Satelite camps shut down immediately

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conferences that voted against:
SEC/ACC-Self interest (which I have NO problem with)
Big 12- Texas schools have the most pull (4/10 schools)
Pac 12- USC has the most pull (Northwestern schools greatly benefit from the camps)
MWC- No idea what they were doing. BSU coach is pissed about it.
Sun Belt- Need that SEC/ACC payday
Posted this quite some time ago.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder how many kids attended the same camp whose life didnt change at all but didnt get a story written about them? I love anecdotal evidence as proof something works of doesnt.
How many have to be helped before it matters? 1? 10? 50? What is the threshold?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder how many kids attended the same camp whose life didnt change at all but didnt get a story written about them? I love anecdotal evidence as proof something works of doesnt.
Couldn't you say the exact same thing about how many kids who had their life changed by getting noticed because of satellite camps and a story wasn't written about it?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many have to be helped before it matters? 1? 10? 50? What is the threshold?

The point of it is 1 does not make proof positive the cost to benefit ratio is a plus. The fact still remains that one off evidence is anecdotal and if you disagree with this statement then we know you cannot be reasoned with.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't you say the exact same thing about how many kids who had their life changed by getting noticed because of satellite camps and a story wasn't written about it?

Wouldnt know, show me some who have not had a story written about them, do you know of any at all?

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't even posting that article to make an argument. I just thought it was a cool story. I guess I'll keep my thoughts to myself next time...sheesh.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had an opportunity.

Everyone has an opportunity, thats what makes America so great. Its the land of air and opportunity. Anyone who wants to be famous(or infamous) can in but a blink of an eye. All it takes is talent, nerve and a split second of shear audacity to believe.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't even posting that article to make an argument. I just thought it was a cool story. I guess I'll keep my thoughts to myself next time...sheesh.

I noticed the thread was lacking in argument lately and wanted to start another round of bitching and moaning, forgive me for loving to troll occasionally :D

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone has an opportunity, thats what makes America so great. Its the land of air and opportunity. Anyone who wants to be famous(or infamous) can in but a blink of an eye. All it takes is talent, nerve and a split second of shear audacity to believe.
And being in a position to get noticed, which is exactly what all of those kids had. I can go 30 for 30 from 3 in my driveway, but that's not gonna get me a D1 basketball scholarship.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point of it is 1 does not make proof positive the cost to benefit ratio is a plus. The fact still remains that one off evidence is anecdotal and if you disagree with this statement then we know you cannot be reasoned with.
You are right that one off is anecdotal but when you have many coaches coming out as well as other players who have stated that camps helped them. How many players need to be help for the cost benefit a plus?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And being in a position to get noticed, which is exactly what all of those kids had. I can go 30 for 30 from 3 in my driveway, but that's not gonna get me a D1 basketball scholarship.

No but 5 videos doing the same thing at different locations might get you a look by a scout. We have way too may success stories of people that used the media to get noticed or became famous due to a form of media.

My point is this, and its from a business sense.
If school A spends 400K for a Camp including coaches from several school, supplies, food, refreshments and items for the players per NCAA standards, all the various and sundry items that must be pertained to and spent money for a one day camp and the school gets one player from this to look at and possibly recruit, they have expended 400K already in his recruitment in essence. Add in if he finally decides to attend, then they have the full ride cost of a scholarship added in. This is not to speak of the funds that will be dispersed to finalize his recruitment before he finally commits and signs his LOI. So its a big factor to view this in a dollars and sense world when so many schools are losing money already.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldnt know, show me some who have not had a story written about them, do you know of any at all?
Does all the guys commenting online count? Or the 13,000 people that signed the petition to overturn the ban?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right that one off is anecdotal but when you have many coaches coming out as well as other players who have stated that camps helped them. How many players need to be help for the cost benefit a plus?

See my most recent post for another angle on this as well for cost benefit ratio.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does all the guys commenting online count? Or the 13,000 people that signed the petition to overturn the ban?

Nope, I wanted you to specifically give me a person who you knew that didnt get a story written about them but had their life changed, since you made that comment.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but 5 videos doing the same thing at different locations might get you a look by a scout. We have way too may success stories of people that used the media to get noticed or became famous due to a form of media.

If school A spends 400K for a Camp including coaches from several school, supplies, food, refreshments and items for the players per NCAA standards, all the various and sundry items that must be pertained to and spent money for a one day camp and the school gets one player from this to look at and possibly recruit, they have expended 400K already in his recruitment in essence. Add in if he finally decides to attend, then they have the full ride cost of a scholarship added in. This is not to speak of the funds that will be dispersed to finalize his recruitment before he finally commits and signs his LOI. So its a big factor to view this in a dollars and sense world when so many schools are losing money already.
400,000 dollars for a satellite camp? To put it in perspective. Harbaugh's entire trip last summer was 211,000 and 198,000 of it was airfare for private charter planes.

That was for 8 days and 10 stops.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, I wanted you to specifically give me a person who you knew that didnt get a story written about them but had their life changed, since you made that comment.
That is exactly what the people posting online are doing. Do I personally know them? No. My days of hanging out with high school kids ended 15+ years ago.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eh, I can't buy that. Some schools can afford to spend that, others can't. Some schools can afford to send their coaches out recruiting in private jets, others can't. I doubt SEC coaches would be on board with banning the use of private jets for the sake of fairness. The benefits that schools with less money can get by using satellite camps far outweigh the drawbacks. Sure, MTSU can't probably afford to set up shop in SoCal for their own satellite camp, but they could team up with Michigan to host their own camp in Tennessee and get a ton more kids on campus than they would by just having a camp by themselves.