• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Satelite camps shut down immediately

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ellupo defending "Harbs" is so cute, isn't it? Gaaaaaaaaaay...
Its too bad you are unable to comprehend what you read, maybe you would not look so wrong with every post.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said I can bump posts. You said the camps were for the kids and the right reasons. That they were not intended to abuse a loop hole. For the reasons of improperly recruiting in other regions. But your arguments support the fact that schools were abusing a loop hole to recruit improperly in other regions. And reversing directions and stating the kids no longer matter
Bump away.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where the outrage and anger towards Saban, the NCAA and the other P4 conference makes zero sense. While the camps can be used in a beneficial manner. It was Harbaughs usage and abuse of the camps l. That forced the hand causing the ban. I'm also positive this will not be the first rule or practice that will be affected by Harbaughs tactics. While it would be beneficial to see Michigan relevant to the sport again. Harbaughs ego and practices are highly destructive and illogical. He's a big name coach at a big name school. So why the need to abuse rules and use unethical tactics in order to try to advance the program? When he could gain a far more favorable result by using the proper channels. And utilize the tools at his disposal.I believe he may be the most over rated coach in college football
I dont have a problem with Saban or the other P5 for them bringing this to the NCAA. I do have a problem with the NCAA nothing thinking this through enough.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have a problem with Saban or the other P5 for them bringing this to the NCAA. I do have a problem with the NCAA nothing thinking this through enough.
We all know the NCAA had to Harbaugh forced their hand on that. He pushed the limit well over the edge

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They did. They reached a decision and acted quickly in the best interests of college football based on how the conferences voted.

I applaud them. :clap:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump away.

Bump

Is it the kids that matter or are you only concerned about how talent rich the area is? If its about the kids in areas that are not rich in talent. Why is it so important to hold these camps in other regions that the universities desire? Is it still about the kids? Or is it more about the institutions geographical recruiting intentions?

Let's see...helps high school kids? Check. Helps smaller schools? Check. Provides marginal benefits to schools not in talent rich areas? Check. I don't see a whole lot of negatives, aside from Saban et al don't like it. Amazing how fast this was taken care of, though. Meanwhile, Drew Ott still doesn't know if he can play another year or not. Because the NCAA is all about the kids.

Since you can't even bump the post in the right thread, here you go. Notice how I said it benefits both the high school kids and schools that are not in talent rich areas?

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know the NCAA had to Harbaugh forced their hand on that. He pushed the limit well over the edge
He did and they smacked him down. Now they need to rethink things for the smaller schools and players who rely on these camps.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you can't even bump the post in the right thread, here you go. Notice how I said it benefits both the high school kids and schools that are not in talent rich areas?
You don't accidentally bump a post in the wrong thread. You have to copy and paste.I did that on purpose I wanted to see if you were even paying attention :dhd: You're statement conflicts your argument stating the other P4 conferences voted the camps down. Because the schools holding the camps were invading their talent pool. So how is that holding camps that "benefit areas that are not rich in talent" ? It seems awful strange that these camps happen to be in areas that benefit the teams desired recruiting market. But lets just blame Saban and claim its for the kids

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did and they smacked him down. Now they need to rethink things for the smaller schools and players who rely on these camps.
The only way to do that would be to institute rules and sanctions for violating those rules. However I don't believe that is attainable. Theres far too much grey area. Harbaugh destroyed the satellite camps

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way to do that would be to institute rules and sanctions for violating those rules. However I don't believe that is attainable. Theres far too much grey area. Harbaugh destroyed the satellite camps
The could keep the ban for the P5 and let the rest attend the camps that are held by the P5 even if they are out of their area. FYI that was the idea of one of the Bama posters, I just cant remember who.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't accidentally bump a post in the wrong thread. You have to copy and paste.I did that on purpose I wanted to see if you were even paying attention :dhd: You're statement conflicts your argument stating the other P4 conferences voted the camps down. Because the schools holding the camps were invading their talent pool. So how is that holding camps that "benefit areas that are not rich in talent" ? It seems awful strange that these camps happen to be in areas that benefit the teams desired recruiting market. But lets just blame Saban and claim its for the kids
Because I never said camps "benefit areas that are not rich in talent".
Provides marginal benefits to schools not in talent rich areas?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These camps are sometimes a couple of days, but to answer your question, yes he could very well do that. A spark in the mind of an impressionable child or teenager is a wondrous thing and you never know what is going to make it happen. I took a kid one time who could hardly spell and today he is a graduate of a large University with a graduate degree in computer science and all I did was sit down with him for a few hours and taught him how to code a simple program that returned items from a database I installed on the computer. He was amazed he could do that all by himself. Saving one from a life of drugs and poverty is all it takes to make you believe you can do it. After all,its about the kids
You should tell that story to the SEC and ACC. Maybe they would stop worrying about protecting recruiting areas and start helping these kids. :)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Satellite camps were mutually beneficial to both the coaching staffs and the kids. If only the B1G didn't take these opportunities away. Now what will those kids do
That's the best part about all of this. Even by losing the satellite camps -- Harbaugh comes out on the recruiting trail as the good guy. He was out running these camps for the kids, while the other conferences voted them down.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the best part about all of this. Even by losing the satellite camps -- Harbaugh comes out on the recruiting trail as the good guy. He was out running these camps for the kids, while the other conferences voted them down.

You're delusional if you think Harbaugh is going to be seen as the good guy in all this. He's going to be seen as the guy who fucked it all up, because he is.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're delusional if you think Harbaugh is going to be seen as the good guy in all this. He's going to be seen as the guy who fucked it all up, because he is.
I though delusional was established when he thought Clay Aiken was the head coach of USC

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not in the eyes of many current and future players.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I miss something or did the B1G vote FOR the Camps? What are they going to be mad at Harbaugh for? Doing too many camps? :pound:

If he were breaking a rule -- I'd agree -- he'd be the bad guy. He played by the rules and the SEC and ACC didn't like it, so they proposed a ban.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I though delusional was established when he thought Clay Aiken was the head coach of USC
I actually feel bad for USC fans. First, you hand the keys to your program to someone with no HC experience other than the last time he inherited the job. Now, you name Lynn Swann your athletic director, who has never held a position remotely close to this.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually feel bad for USC fans. First, you hand the keys to your program to someone with no HC experience other than the last time he inherited the job. Now, you name Lynn Swann your athletic director, who has never held a position remotely close to this.
I wouldn't feel so bad Im more concerned for Michigan and their trying schedule. Do you feel you have A shot vs power house Colorado?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should tell that story to the SEC and ACC. Maybe they would stop worrying about protecting recruiting areas and start helping these kids. :)

They do, they support the local university's that these kids finally get into like Georgia Southern, Charleston southern and the like.