• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Satelite camps shut down immediately

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly the problem. There aren't enough of those kids.
Sure there are, it takes a mentor to make kids like that. A camp held by the great Harbaugh while he was at /Stanford would have made hundreds had he decided then it was about the kids and not his recruiting tools. Shaw could be a mentor to hundred of little potential Einsteins if he instilled in them that they too could go to Stanford one day with hard work, dedication, good grades and a football mentality, all he has to do is go to these underprivileged areas and hold a camp. Since its all about the kids, he would not mind doing that, right?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if they were smart enough to make the grades to get in. This is about the kids after all.
Did Nebraska and Michigan check SAT's at the door to get into camp. I would hate to think they didn't accept a recruit from a camp that didn't fit their standards. But the camps were about the kids........

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this conflicts all of your other statements. Which means the camps were not being held for the reasons you stated. And lead to the truth as to why they were banned. If the camps were being utilized properly rather than as A loop hole for A school holding the camp to work around recruiting other regions. Than the camps would still exist. If they were being used to develop student athletes and coaches, give kids exposure and further them. Surely Harbaugh would have taken up such a noble cause while at Stanford or San Diego. Otherwise the only true benefit is for the school holding the camp. But its not about A unethical benefit to the school its about the kids............
If I Type. Like this will you Understand me when I tell. You that you are Putting words in my Mouth?

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure there are, it takes a mentor to make kids like that. A camp held by the great Harbaugh while he was at /Stanford would have made hundreds had he decided then it was about the kids and not his recruiting tools. Shaw could be a mentor to hundred of little potential Einsteins if he instilled in them that they too could go to Stanford one day with hard work, dedication, good grades and a football mentality, all he has to do is go to these underprivileged areas and hold a camp. Since its all about the kids, he would not mind doing that, right?
So he's supposed to do all that in a 4 hour camp while also working on football? I know clarkson is really stupid, but you at least seem rational most of the time. You can't honestly believe that.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I Type. Like this will you Understand me when I tell. You that you are Putting words in my Mouth?
If only Harbaugh held satellite camps while at Stanford. It could have immensely helped my typing skills and given me exposure to other colleges. But its about the kids............

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you like posts bumped? We could be here all night.Do you have a new stance on the topic now? Is it no longer about the kids and now about recruiting other regions through the abuse of a loop hole?

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you like posts bumped? We could be here all night.Do you have a new stance on the topic now? Is it no longer about the kids and now about recruiting other regions through the abuse of a loop hole?
It's about BOTH, as I've said from the beginning. I've also explained why I've mostly talked about how this new rule hurts the kids and smaller schools.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he's supposed to do all that in a 4 hour camp while also working on football? I know clarkson is really stupid, but you at least seem rational most of the time. You can't honestly believe that.

These camps are sometimes a couple of days, but to answer your question, yes he could very well do that. A spark in the mind of an impressionable child or teenager is a wondrous thing and you never know what is going to make it happen. I took a kid one time who could hardly spell and today he is a graduate of a large University with a graduate degree in computer science and all I did was sit down with him for a few hours and taught him how to code a simple program that returned items from a database I installed on the computer. He was amazed he could do that all by himself. Saving one from a life of drugs and poverty is all it takes to make you believe you can do it. After all,its about the kids

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These camps are sometimes a couple of days, but to answer your question, yes he could very well do that. A spark in the mind of an impressionable child or teenager is a wondrous thing and you never know what is going to make it happen. I took a kid one time who could hardly spell and today he is a graduate of a large University with a graduate degree in computer science and all I did was sit down with him for a few hours and taught him how to code a simple program that returned items from a database I installed on the computer. He was amazed he could do that all by himself. Saving one from a life of drugs and poverty is all it takes to make you believe you can do it. After all,its about the kids
And most coaches do this in some fashion or another. It's called charity work and public engagements. That's not the same as football camp. To equate the two is a very large stretch.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about BOTH, as I've said from the beginning. I've also explained why I've mostly talked about how this new rule hurts the kids and smaller schools.
So its about abusing loop holes to exploit other regions. And the kids who have the grades to get into the school. The kids who cant afford to pay an exorbitant sums of money or get the exposure and help developing due to hardships don't matter anymore? I thought this wasn't a shady recruiting tool I thought this was about the kids :gaah:

Or are you trying to say Stanford doesn't care about the kids?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And most coaches do this in some fashion or another. It's called charity work and public engagements. That's not the same as football camp. To equate the two is a very large stretch.

Muhammed Massoqui from Independence high school went to Georgia but after he was recruited he was given a list of influential men in the city that he could call any time for advice or to talk. He was basically mentored on how to be a proper representative and learn study habits of the business men that he was dealing with. He ended up in the NFL after his career at Georgia. This is done all the time and by mentor, this is what i mean. Shaw has contacts that he could pull from to help mentor kids if he wanted to help a kid he knew needed a break. It is all about the kids after all and not just recruiting numbers.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So its about abusing loop holes to exploit other regions. And the kids who have the grades to get into the school. The kids who cant afford to pay an exorbitant sums of money or get the exposure and help developing due to hardships don't matter anymore? I thought this wasn't a shady recruiting tool I thought this was about the kids :gaah:

Or are you trying to say Stanford doesn't care about the kids?
I'm saying Stanford gets nothing from doing the camps, so they won't do them. I know you don't know what the term "mutually beneficial" means because I saw you butcher an attempt at using it earlier, but both sides must get something out of it or it won't exist.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muhammed Massoqui from Independence high school went to Georgia but after he was recruited he was given a list of influential men in the city that he could call any time for advice or to talk. He was basically mentored on how to be a proper representative and learn study habits of the business men that he was dealing with. He ended up in the NFL after his career at Georgia. This is done all the time and by mentor, this is what i mean. Shaw has contacts that he could pull from to help mentor kids if he wanted to help a kid he knew needed a break. It is all about the kids after all and not just recruiting numbers.
Don't pull a clarkson and completely ignore what I post and continue repeating the same thing over and over. As I said at least 30 times already, it benefits both the kids and the programs.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying Stanford gets nothing from doing the camps, so they won't do them. I know you don't know what the term "mutually beneficial" means because I saw you butcher an attempt at using it earlier, but both sides must get something out of it or it won't exist.
They would get the benefits of helping develop their staff as well as giving back. Helping develop these under privileged kids. Giving these kids exposure to other schools. That is what these camps are for right? Its the kids that are suffering still right?

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would get the benefits of helping develop their staff as well as giving back. Helping develop these under privileged kids. Giving these kids exposure to other schools. That is what these camps are for right? Its the kids that are suffering still right?
Helping develop their staff? Please elaborate. This should be good.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aww a face palm for using your line :laugh3: I'm guessing you've changed your stance
My stance has stayed the same from the beginning of this discussion. You just continue misquoting/misinterpreting what I'm saying. Like I've said, that's your problem, not mine.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My stance has stayed the same from the beginning of this discussion. You just continue misquoting/misinterpreting what I'm saying. Like I've said, that's your problem, not mine.
Like I said I can bump posts. You said the camps were for the kids and the right reasons. That they were not intended to abuse a loop hole. For the reasons of improperly recruiting in other regions. But your arguments support the fact that schools were abusing a loop hole to recruit improperly in other regions. And reversing directions and stating the kids no longer matter