• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Satelite camps shut down immediately

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if there is any chance people will realize recruiting rules aren't about "players", but is instead attempts at making things fair.

Why not get rid of scholarship limits if it's all about what benefits kids the most? Why restrict any access at all? All these rules can be said to "limit player opportunity", many much worse than this rule.

Sorry, but this opportunity for the kids argument is straight up bullshit.
The opportunity for kids argument is just as valid as your argument that the Saban rule was passed because Saban worked harder than anyone else.

See how ridiculous it sounds.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The opportunity for kids argument is just as valid as your argument that the Saban rule was passed because Saban worked harder than anyone else.

See how ridiculous it sounds.

So you are admitting that the for the kids argument here is bullshit.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you don't understand the word semantics. You're tight-roping a silly little word game that no one cares about.

I have a doctorate with an emphasis in writing and, yup, linguistics. I understand semantics very well. Clarkson is playing the "silly little word game that no one cares about."

"Semantics" =
  • the study of the meanings of words and phrases in language

• : the meanings of words and phrases in a particular context

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a doctorate with an emphasis in writing and, yup, linguistics. I understand semantics very well. Clarkson is playing the "silly little word game that no one cares about."

"Semantics" =
  • the study of the meanings of words and phrases in language

• : the meanings of words and phrases in a particular context

We can all copy google results.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are admitting that the for the kids argument here is bullshit.
ABSOLUTELY. How many times can I say it? He did them to build relationships in major recruiting areas.

Arguing the kids part is the same as the SEC arguing about 'student time constraints' and 'level playing fields' BOTH sides are full of shit.

Harbaugh does it for his own benefit and the kids is an added bonus. The SEC couldn't care less about a level playing field -- unless the playong field is exactly how they want it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ABSOLUTELY. How many times can I say it? He did them to build relationships in major recruiting areas.

Arguing the kids part is the same as the SEC arguing about 'student time constraints' and 'level playing fields' BOTH sides are full of shit.

Harbaugh does it for his own benefit and the kids is an added bonus. The SEC couldn't care less about a level playing field -- unless the playong field is exactly how they want it.

The fault in your argument is - the SEC banned themselves from doing this years before the NCAA did anything.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh wouldn't do it if it was against the rules. But, you can keep hoping.
Harbaugh has already tread A fine line with the rules. He's already forced the hand of the P4 and NCAA on the ruling regarding satellite camps. And has a closet full of other rules he has manipulated that will follow. With the negative spot light he has put on both himself and Michigan. I cant say I will be surprised when more of his actions come to light. Its all going to catch up with him you can see it coming

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson is playing the "silly little word game that no one cares about."

Clarkson said Harbs "broke a rule."

TrustMeIamRight contends that by definition you can't "break" a loophole so he's challenging Clarkson to prove Harbaugh broke a rule.

Like I said, silly little word game.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anthony "Booger" McFarland is a graduate of LSU, who was spot on on his negative assessment of the ban yesterday on ESPN. Isn't LSU in the SEC? Also, today, many of the coaches speaking out against the ban are not B1G coaches. Keep up.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you are admitting Harbaugh abused A loop hole for personal gain and caused the banning of satellite camps. You do realize you just contradicted yourself and admitted improper recruiting tactics correct?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh has already tread A fine line with the rules. He's already forced the hand of the P4 and NCAA on the ruling regarding satellite camps. And has a closet full of other rules he has manipulated that will follow. With the negative spot light he has put on both himself and Michigan. I cant say I will be surprised when more of his actions come to light. Its all going to catch up with him you can see it coming

He has zero motivation to be above-board when all he wants is to make some money and run back to California and the NFL.

LOL @ Michigan fans for pretending this is going to end well and for Ohio State and Nebraska fans doggedly defending him and pretending it's "about the kids." :L

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony "Booger" McFarland is a graduate of LSU, who was spot on on his negative assessment of the ban yesterday on ESPN. Isn't LSU in the SEC? Also, today, many of the coaches speaking out against the ban are not B1G coaches. Keep up.

Agreed. I don't really see anyone in the SEC following rigid party lines like you B1G'ers.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fault in your argument is - the SEC banned themselves from doing this years before the NCAA did anything.
Because your coaches would be going to each other's territories to hold camps. Hugh Freeze even said as much in his interview today. When I get time I will post his exact quote.

You don't think if the SEC thought satellite camps would give them even the least bit of an advantage they would lift their ban? Come on. You are smarter than that. You know damn well they would.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson said Harbs "broke a rule."

TrustMeIamRight contends that by definition you can't "break" a loophole so he's challenging Clarkson to prove Harbaugh broke a rule.

Like I said, silly little word game.
Harbaugh abused A loop hole in order to work around the rules. Causing the other P4 conferences and NCAA to close that loop hole and the banning of camps. However Harbaugh is treading a very fine line abusing grey ares to work around violations. Which will catch up to him. He's already forced the hand and put the spot light on one shady activity. How long do you think it will take. Before the P4 and NCAA starts looking into the hiring of student athletes parents and high school coaches. Which are benefits. In order to gain transfers and recruits to Michigan. Or sleeping over recruits houses and offering abusing his status as a celebrity and driving kids to school.Where as A legitimate coach would book A hotel for a visit and conduct themselves in a professional manner will catch up to him? With the spot light on how long do you think before more events rise to the surface? Harbaugh is walking a very fine line its a matter of time before he falls

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has zero motivation to be above-board when all he wants is to make some money and run back to California and the NFL.

LOL @ Michigan fans for pretending this is going to end well and for Ohio State and Nebraska fans doggedly defending him and pretending it's "about the kids." :L
And when the B1G implodes and Harbaugh jumps ship. What stance will the OSU and Nebraska fans hold then? Will it still be it was for the kids? Or will it be The SEC destroyed the B1G?