• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Satelite camps shut down immediately

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all. But other didnt either they were "guest" at those camps including Harbs. I agree Harbs exploited this loophole to a greater extent and tried to make the camps all about himself but others were still going to the camps as guest.

This is where the outrage and anger towards Saban, the NCAA and the other P4 conference makes zero sense. While the camps can be used in a beneficial manner. It was Harbaughs usage and abuse of the camps l. That forced the hand causing the ban. I'm also positive this will not be the first rule or practice that will be affected by Harbaughs tactics. While it would be beneficial to see Michigan relevant to the sport again. Harbaughs ego and practices are highly destructive and illogical. He's a big name coach at a big name school. So why the need to abuse rules and use unethical tactics in order to try to advance the program? When he could gain a far more favorable result by using the proper channels. And utilize the tools at his disposal.I believe he may be the most over rated coach in college football

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd have to ask the SEC analyst who made the statement. I just agreed with him, as that is my thoughts too.
It is no different than the SEC commissioner crying about "student athletes time constraints" when he got butt hurt over spring practices in Florida.
And if you can read -- I've already voiced my opinion of what Michigan is doing with the camps. They are using them to build relationships with players, coaches and schools in some of the best recruiting areas in the country. The extra benefits that go along with that -- kids gain exposure they wouldn't have received and could earn a scholarship for football.

You see -- I don't hide the truth about the satellite camps as the other fans are hiding the REAL reason why they are so against them.

As I said. IF the SEC had even one iota of an advantage doing satellite ,camps. They'd lift their ban and would. They don't so they want them banned.

You're really too much, man. You do realize that doing things for one's advantage is how things work, don't you? What you keep posting is hypocritical nonsense. You're entirely consumed with the SEC and incapable of reasoning on this sensibly.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where the outrage and anger towards Saban, the NCAA and the other P4 conference makes zero sense. While the camps can be used in a beneficial manner. It was Harbaughs usage and abuse of the camps l. That forced the hand causing the ban. I'm also positive this will not be the first rule or practice that will be affected by Harbaughs tactics. While it would be beneficial to see Michigan relevant to the sport again. Harbaughs ego and practices are highly destructive and illogical. He's a big name coach at a big name school. So why the need to abuse rules and use unethical tactics in order to try to advance the program? When he could gain a far more favorable result by using the proper channels. And utilize the tools at his disposal.I believe he may be the most over rated coach in college football

@ellupo defending "Harbs" is so cute, isn't it? Gaaaaaaaaaay...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're really too much, man. You do realize that doing things for one's advantage is how things work, don't you? What you keep posting is hypocritical nonsense. You're entirely consumed with the SEC and incapable of reasoning on this sensibly.
He's also got a strange fetish about Clay Aiken coaching USC. Anything to avoid questions about the unethical use of satellite camps

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh violated a loop hole and caused it to be closed. Now let's blame everyone else and cry about it.......

"Violated" a loophole? Again, what loophole did he violate? "Violate" = break or fail to comply with (a rule or formal agreement). Jim Harbaugh broke no rule.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Violated" a loophole? Again, what loophole did he violate? "Violate" = break or fail to comply with (a rule or formal agreement). Jim Harbaugh broke no rule.
Good point. How does one violate a loophole? You can use a loophole to your advantage, but you can't really violate it.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You said rule.

He said loophole.

Nice try.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. How does one violate a loophole? You can use a loophole to your advantage, but you can't really violate it.

Exactly. Clarkson is trying to spin the discussion his way.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for admitting that he used a loophole to his advantage.

See, that's not so hard, is it?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have to say, it's interesting seeing which coaches are for the ban and which are against. The ACC and SEC are obviously in unison, but there were some non-B1G heavyweights on the other side. Bob Stoops & Oklahoma's AD, Matt Campbell (former Toledo coach, current Iowa State coach), Mark Helfrich, Kyle Whittingham, Mike Leach, for example. Bill Snyder likes them but only when they're in-state. It seems like the ones who are for the ban are for it for certain reasons, while those against it are against it for unrelated reasons (except Harbaugh, it would seem).

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He a used a loop hole in order to attempt to further his program. And that is why it has been closed. Just as he will continue to try bending rules and inevitably lead to the demise of Michigan

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have to say, it's interesting seeing which coaches are for the ban and which are against. The ACC and SEC are obviously in unison, but there were some non-B1G heavyweights on the other side. Bob Stoops & Oklahoma's AD, Matt Campbell (former Toledo coach, current Iowa State coach), Mark Helfrich, Kyle Whittingham, Mike Leach, for example. Bill Snyder likes them but only when they're in-state. It seems like the ones who are for the ban are for it for certain reasons, while those against it are against it for unrelated reasons (except Harbaugh, it would seem).

I agree. It has also been interesting to watch the backlash against the ACC, SEC, and the NCAA as parents, current and future players, sports pundits of all stripes, and others have weighed in on the thoughtless way this ban has been carried out. I predict the ban will be overturned by more thoughtful voters.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He a used a loop hole in order to attempt to further his program. And that is why it has been closed. Just as he will continue to try bending rules and inevitably lead to the demise of Michigan

Don't hold your breath. Harbaugh follows the rules very carefully.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A former coach was interviewed yesterday. Can't remember his name, but it will come to me. He hit the nail on the head. Some coaches are against them because they don't want major programs in their recruiting areas. Other coaches are against them because when these camps happen -- it is vacation time for coaches. So instead of having a month or two off, they'd be forced to do the same to "keep up with the joneses"