• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Satelite camps shut down immediately

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A former coach was interviewed yesterday. Can't remember his name, but it will come to me. He hit the nail on the head. Some coaches are against them because they don't want major programs in their recruiting areas. Other coaches are against them because when these camps happen -- it is vacation time for coaches. So instead of having a month or two off, they'd be forced to do the same to "keep up with the joneses"

Hugh Freeze?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if there is any chance people will realize recruiting rules aren't about "players", but is instead attempts at making things fair.

Why not get rid of scholarship limits if it's all about what benefits kids the most? Why restrict any access at all? All these rules can be said to "limit player opportunity", many much worse than this rule.

Sorry, but this opportunity for the kids argument is straight up bullshit.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A "loophole" can't be violated. "Loophole" = an ambiguity or inadequacy in the law or a set of rules.
Providing benefits such as jobs to family members and high school coaches. In order to obtain student athletes will fall next. Inappropriate actions such as sleep overs will follow. It's a matter of time before something big hits the spot light is about to back fire on Harbaugh

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have to say, it's interesting seeing which coaches are for the ban and which are against. The ACC and SEC are obviously in unison, but there were some non-B1G heavyweights on the other side. Bob Stoops & Oklahoma's AD, Matt Campbell (former Toledo coach, current Iowa State coach), Mark Helfrich, Kyle Whittingham, Mike Leach, for example. Bill Snyder likes them but only when they're in-state. It seems like the ones who are for the ban are for it for certain reasons, while those against it are against it for unrelated reasons (except Harbaugh, it would seem).

Everyone does what's best for them.

You B1G'ers outrage at the P5 not doing what's best solely for the B1G is a farce, man.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if there is any chance people will realize recruiting rules aren't about "players", but is instead attempts at making things fair.

Why not get rid of scholarship limits if it's all about what benefits kids the most? Why restrict any access at all? All these rules can be said to "limit player opportunity", many much worse than this rule.

Sorry, but this opportunity for the kids argument is straight up bullshit.
The opportunity for the kids is just a deflection tactic and nothing more

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Providing benefits such as jobs to family members and high school coaches. In order to obtain student athletes will fall next. Inappropriate actions such as sleep overs will follow. It's a matter of time before something big hits the spot light is about to back fire on Harbaugh

Harbaugh wouldn't do it if it was against the rules. But, you can keep hoping.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The opportunity for the kids is just a deflection tactic and nothing more

Really? Obviously, you haven't been following the backlash from quite a number of people the last few days.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you don't understand the word semantics. You're tight-roping a silly little word game that no one cares about.
It isn't semantics when nothing is against the rules that he has done.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Obviously, you haven't been following the backlash from quite a number of people the last few days.

There is no backlash. A few reporters posting click bait don't mean shit. The vast majority of people don't give a fuck at all.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone does what's best for them.

You B1G'ers outrage at the P5 not doing what's best solely for the B1G is a farce, man.
Don't lump me in, sports fan. I haven't shown outrage at all. I can completely see both sides of the argument. I agree with it in part and I disagree with it in part.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't lump me in, sports fan. I haven't shown outrage at all. I can completely see both sides of the argument. I agree with it in part and I disagree with it in part.

Can someone please check Across the Field's account.

Someone sensible hacked it.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still waiting on the rule he broke? Take your time. I will be waiting.
You'll be waiting a long time the P4 corrected it. Sorry hard is going to have to look for a new loop hole to abuse that the P4 will correct. You should be thanking the other conferences for saving the integrity of the game