• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Satelite camps shut down immediately

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when the B1G implodes and Harbaugh jumps ship. What stance will the OSU and Nebraska fans hold then? Will it still be it was for the kids? Or will it be The SEC destroyed the B1G?

I have an idea that I want to post a thread on but as angry and confused as the B1G'ers are right now they're not going to take it well.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an idea that I want to post a thread on but as angry and confused as the B1G'ers are right now they're not going to take it well.
I'm trying to find A link. Where Harbaugh held one of these camps he finds so beneficial while coaching at Stanford. Where he held A traveling camp while at Stanford. Surprisingly the searches are coming up empty. Did he not care about the kids while at Stanford?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are admitting Harbaugh abused A loop hole for personal gain and caused the banning of satellite camps. You do realize you just contradicted yourself and admitted improper recruiting tactics correct?
You have to break a rule for it to be improper. All recruiting is for their own personal gain. Their job is to win football games.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to break a rule for it to be improper. All recruiting is for their own personal gain. Their job is to win football games.
Proper recruiting is for personal gain. Using camps in order to open up other regions is abusing the system. Which is why it is now closed. What you are claiming is the same as saying. Its ok to do something illegal as long as you are working around the rules. Basic corruption. How many camps did Harbaugh hold as the coach of Stanford? If it is for the kids and not to abuse a loop hole for recruiting purposes.Surely he held camps and traveling camps while coaching Stanford correct?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant find one one Harbaugh flyer or traveling camp while he was coaching Stanford. Im outraged and shocked. He didn't hold these camps to develope or provide exposure to help these kids at all :rant:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because your coaches would be going to each other's territories to hold camps. Hugh Freeze even said as much in his interview today. When I get time I will post his exact quote.

You don't think if the SEC thought satellite camps would give them even the least bit of an advantage they would lift their ban? Come on. You are smarter than that. You know damn well they would.

Everyone looks out for their best interest, but that doesn't mean any advantage available is always taken.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant find one one Harbaugh flyer or traveling camp while he was coaching Stanford. Im outraged and shocked. He didn't hold these camps to develope or provide exposure to help these kids at all :rant:

When you coach Stanford it's pointless to do satellite camps in SEC territory since .00000001% of kids down there could get accepted to Stanford.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the exact reason Shaw doesn't feel the need to do them...Stanford's recruiting has to be extremely targeted. From the kids' side, it does them no good to demonstrate their ability to Stanford coaches if they have zero shot at getting in.
Posting this here as well, lest clarkson post 400 times that I didn't answer his question.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you coach Stanford it's pointless to do satellite camps in SEC territory since .00000001% of kids down there could get accepted to Stanford.
I'm referring to oaknight stating the camps were not held to benefit the school. But to help the high school kids develope and get exposure to other schools. That Harbaugh was not using the camps as a way to work a loop hole to recruit other regions. If his intentions were to help athletes develope and give them exposure. Surely he woul have wanted to help them while at Stanford and San Diego. It was for the benefit of the kids not Stanford. But Stanford does hold several other camps that actually do benefit kids for the right reasons

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm referring to oaknight stating the camps were not held to benefit the school. But to help the high school kids develope and get exposure to other schools. That Harbaugh was not using the camps as a way to work a loop hole to recruit other regions. If his intentions were to help athletes develope and give them exposure. Surely he woul have wanted to help them while at Stanford and San Diego. It was for the benefit of the kids not Stanford. But Stanford does hold several other camps that actually do benefit kids for the right reasons
This is not what I said at all.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posting this here as well, lest clarkson post 400 times that I didn't answer his question.

So if its for the kids, then why not hold a camp and invite freshmen, sophomores and juniors that could have time to get their grades into the correct range needed if they wanted to go to Stanford. After all, it is about the kids right?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not what I said at all.
You said the camps were for the kids and mutually beneficial in developing student athletes and coaches. Were the camps not for the benefit of the development of student athletes and exposure to other schools now. To give them a chance to better themselves and obtain a scholarship they may not have had the opportunity to receive now? I would really hate to think it was a loop hole being abused that needed to be closed. That Harbaugh wasn't holding camps for the wrong reasons :pout:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if its for the kids, then why not hold a camp and invite freshmen, sophomores and juniors that could have time to get their grades into the correct range needed if they wanted to go to Stanford. After all, it is about the kids right?
those camps helped a lot of kids who had hardships, lived in bad areas, couldn't afford to travel and would not get exposure. Except when Harbaugh was coaching Stanford. Then they didn't matter

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because to get into Stanford, you could be completely screwed after your freshman year?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're stupid.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because to get into Stanford, you could be completely screwed after your freshman year?
Not if they were smart enough to make the grades to get in. This is about the kids after all.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this conflicts all of your other statements. Which means the camps were not being held for the reasons you stated. And lead to the truth as to why they were banned. If the camps were being utilized properly rather than as A loop hole for A school holding the camp to work around recruiting other regions. Than the camps would still exist. If they were being used to develop student athletes and coaches, give kids exposure and further them. Surely Harbaugh would have taken up such a noble cause while at Stanford or San Diego. Otherwise the only true benefit is for the school holding the camp. But its not about A unethical benefit to the school its about the kids............