• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Satelite camps shut down immediately

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im confused. This was about being guest coaches at camps. I dont think even Harbs held a full camp in another region. He did take away his kids spring break by holding practice over that time but as far as I know no camps where held, they were just guest coaches. This was the loophole that was closed.
Clarkson has no idea what he is talking about. The only camp UM holds is at UM. The sattelite camps were 3-4 hour long, which is why they would sometimes do 2 camps in one day.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll let Oaknight speak for himself.
Oaknight will not address it. What are your thoughts on the difference. Between holding camps to benefit the development of student they're and coaches. And holding camps to abuse a loop hole to benefit a schools recruiting regions?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah & if he didn't resign he would have gotten fired, same thing. Anyway how many different CFB programs have you now attacked in a lame attempt to make meeeechegan look better than they really are?
What is there to attack? College football hierarchy is Alabama..........then everyone else right now.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to think I'm suggesting the SEC wouldn't have any success with satellite camps. That isn't what I'm saying.
I'm saying the advantages it'd give coaches like Urban Meyer and Jim Harbaugh in SEC country outweighs the advantages SEC coaches would have holding camps outside of their conference territories. This is only due to the fact, the sheer number of elite recruits in SEC country is exponentially greater than if the SEC were to do camps in B1G territories.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe I read 90 of the top 100 recruits for the last two years are from outside B1G states.

Its funny you mention Urban, but he coached in the state of Florida and has contacts at many schools down there. As I have stated before and will yet one more time. Hiring coaches with a broad base of contacts to help with recruiting is a plus and i know several coaches who do this. Apparently the coaches in the B1G have not learned this technique.

As for wealth of talent. Football is king in the south and yet every time a team from the south wins a title, they cheated to get there. Its not about cheating or any other mode or bullshit you tell yourselves to sleep at night, its talent and coaching plain and simple.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hiring coaches with a broad base of contacts to help with recruiting is a plus and i know several coaches who do this. Apparently the coaches in the B1G have not learned this technique.
See Nebraska's recruiting in California. It helps to have connections.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BINGO! It does benefit both the players and coaches. What's more is that all coaches could do it if they wanted to. Evidently, most SEC coaches prefer not to because they think they should "own" players in the SEC footprint and not have to work so hard for their multimillion-dollar paychecks.

Yes because only SEC coaches voted against camps. :L How's the weather in fairy tale land?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And michigan hasn't beaten USC in 26 years :yawn:
USC will be catching up quickly with that 26 years if they continue with the latest coaching hires. Chalk up another 3 or 4 years with Clay, before they move on. That is problem when you get made to look like a fool by a coach who shows up drunk. You go the safe route and hand the keys to the guy you didn't trust the 1st time you named him interim, but now you just want a sober coach to restore ur rep

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was more video of Moehlers drunken escapades released than Sarks too but.......
You mean the one incident at the restaurant? If u wanted to see Sark drunk, you just had to turn the USC game on the TV.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See Nebraska's recruiting in California. It helps to have connections.

This i have said all along. Connections and coaches on your staff are not things you can survive without. Saban doesnt employee thee former HC's for nothing. He is a firm believer that great recruiters are born out of contacts and connections.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny you mention Urban, but he coached in the state of Florida and has contacts at many schools down there. As I have stated before and will yet one more time. Hiring coaches with a broad base of contacts to help with recruiting is a plus and i know several coaches who do this. Apparently the coaches in the B1G have not learned this technique.

As for wealth of talent. Football is king in the south and yet every time a team from the south wins a title, they cheated to get there. Its not about cheating or any other mode or bullshit you tell yourselves to sleep at night, its talent and coaching plain and simple.
Thats not true, Harbs has hired many parents and former coaches of recruits. You know because they are so good he just had to give them jobs.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have access but its not equal. A kid from Baton Rouge, LA is interested in Bama and Oregon. He can drive to Tuscaloosa on the cheap however it will be a bit more costly to go to Oregon and see their facilities.

I am with you 100% on Harbs but the ruling is also hurting some of the prospective players.
This is what official visits are for. Schools pay for the visit.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oaknight will not address it. What are your thoughts on the difference. Between holding camps to benefit the development of student they're and coaches. And holding camps to abuse a loop hole to benefit a schools recruiting regions?

What "loophole" do the camps "abuse"? It's all about your (as well as others') characterization of the camps as "abusing loopholes." I just don't see it that way. A rule is a rule. Believe me when I tell you that Jim Harbaugh is all about following the rules. BTW, that's an "ethical" stance that I can get behind. How about you?