• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Satelite camps shut down immediately

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you understand the logic. You still haven't answered the difference. Between Satellite camps being used to benefit players. And satellite camps being used to benefit universities. But you claim they are for the kids..........
What I don't get is why it can't benefit the coaches AND the kids. I've argued "for the kids" mostly because they are the ones getting screwed. Harbaugh is still gonna go back to Ann Arbor and make his billion dollars or whatever it is they're paying him. The coaches will be just fine. The kids, on the other hand, still won't get the opportunity provided by greater exposure.
:scratch:

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark declined because camps were held during prime drinking hours.....i.e. any time he was awake. :)

It's odd how often you make fun of Sark's drinking issues. Seeing as how Gary Moeller got fired due to alcohol you're very hypocritical.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you understand the logic. You still haven't answered the difference. Between Satellite camps being used to benefit players. And satellite camps being used to benefit universities. But you claim they are for the kids..........
They benefit BOTH the kids and coaches. It is the only purpose for the camps. If it didn't benefit the kids, they wouldn't pay and travel to attend. If it didn't benefit the coaches, they would spend their time and money to do them.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet he never slept over a high school kids house for "recruiting purposes" :yawn:
That you know of..........any guy who would show up to practices and games drunk, nothing is off the board for him.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incorrect that's just skewing the facts. It is not a matter of benefitting the coaches as per being productive in the manner the camps were intended. This isn't about develope me of the student athletes not coaches. The system was corrupted by some of the institutions i.e. Michigan. As A tactic to work around the system and exploit recruiting markets. It is for this reason the loop hole being closed was necessary. Had these coaches not used the camps for personal gain the camps had the potential to be beneficial towards development. To blame the SEC or other conferences that were not exploiting satellite camps is asinine.The camps are not being closed they are being corrected so they may be utilized in the proper manner they were intended to be used.If this is for the benefit of the kids that is what everyone should want.

That is why the other P5 conferences called bull shit

Newsflash! The NCAA banned the camps immediately. But, I predict that ban will be overturned in the near future for it's lack of considering unintended consequences.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I hope I'm not the only one who finds the humor in a USC fan and a Bama fan being the bastions of ethics and following NCAA rules.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the link and here is a quote.

“I just made a personal decision as a head coach not to do them,” Sarkisian said, adding that if he worked one, he would be “almost obligated to work them all.”

Also: "USC assistants have traveled to coach at multiple camps."

USC's Steve Sarkisian says he won't coach at satellite camps
This is where the motives come in and why they voted them down. Im waiting on a link stating USC Held A camp in another region. Like the U of M Tampa

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's odd how often you make fun of Sark's drinking issues. Seeing as how Gary Moeller got fired due to alcohol you're very hypocritical.
Show me where Moeller showed up drunk at UM. And Moeller wasn't fired. He resigned.

If Sark was just getting drunk at bars after games. He'd still have a job.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where the motives come in and why they voted them down. Im waiting on a link stating USC Held A camp in another region. Like the U of M Tampa
Im confused. This was about being guest coaches at camps. I dont think even Harbs held a full camp in another region. He did take away his kids spring break by holding practice over that time but as far as I know no camps where held, they were just guest coaches. This was the loophole that was closed.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're still hanging on to Sark by the way USC's coach is Clay Aiken :L
Doesn't matter. Sark is the only relevant coach USC has had since Pete Carroll left. It is too bad he couldn't keep his drinking under control.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me where Moeller showed up drunk at UM. And Moeller wasn't fired. He resigned.

You do realize there were video tapes released that lead to his departure correct?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah & if he didn't resign he would have gotten fired, same thing. Anyway how many different CFB programs have you now attacked in a lame attempt to make meeeechegan look better than they really are?