• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Satelite camps shut down immediately

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny you talk about what they would do because my coach does it. He hires coaches that have great connections in many regions. He has two or three former HC's on his staff right now and they all had different areas they had contacts and good relationships for. National recruiting is not a happy accident that was born out of continued Success at Bama, its part of the Saban "process" and its a proven plan that works consistently.

As for it not producing an advantage for the SEC or ACC if they removed the ban from the camps rule, you seem to be in denial.
You seem to think I'm suggesting the SEC wouldn't have any success with satellite camps. That isn't what I'm saying.
I'm saying the advantages it'd give coaches like Urban Meyer and Jim Harbaugh in SEC country outweighs the advantages SEC coaches would have holding camps outside of their conference territories. This is only due to the fact, the sheer number of elite recruits in SEC country is exponentially greater than if the SEC were to do camps in B1G territories.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe I read 90 of the top 100 recruits for the last two years are from outside B1G states.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to think I'm suggesting the SEC wouldn't have any success with satellite camps. That isn't what I'm saying.
I'm saying the advantages it'd give coaches like Urban Meyer and Jim Harbaugh in SEC country outweighs the advantages SEC coaches would have holding camps outside of their conference territories. This is only due to the fact, the sheer number of elite recruits in SEC country is exponentially greater than if the SEC were to do camps in B1G territories.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe I read 90 of the top 100 recruits for the last two years are from outside B1G states.
So you're finally admitting the true use of camps was to abuse a loop hole. That they were not for the kids but struggling programs. Thanks it's about time you owned up to the truth :thumb:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with this to a point. The fact that this is about advantages for the schools keeps coming into play without it even being noticed. Anytime someone makes an argument its about the schools having access to the kids, not the kids having access to the schools. I am not worried about any other school because mine has the best recruiting staff in the nation, the best coach and some of the best facilities in the country(and improving daily) so this is not an issue i really care about. In the end it is funny to see the clamoring about its for the kids, when its really about one thing, the bottom line on recruiting.
What I don't get is why it can't benefit the coaches AND the kids. I've argued "for the kids" mostly because they are the ones getting screwed. Harbaugh is still gonna go back to Ann Arbor and make his billion dollars or whatever it is they're paying him. The coaches will be just fine. The kids, on the other hand, still won't get the opportunity provided by greater exposure.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't get is why it can't benefit the coaches AND the kids. I've argued "for the kids" mostly because they are the ones getting screwed. Harbaugh is still gonna go back to Ann Arbor and make his billion dollars or whatever it is they're paying him. The coaches will be just fine. The kids, on the other hand, still won't get the opportunity provided by greater exposure.

BINGO! It does benefit both the players and coaches. What's more is that all coaches could do it if they wanted to. Evidently, most SEC coaches prefer not to because they think they should "own" players in the SEC footprint and not have to work so hard for their multimillion-dollar paychecks.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BINGO! It does benefit both the players and coaches. What's more is that all coaches could do it if they wanted to. Evidently, most SEC coaches prefer not to because they think they should "own" players in the SEC footprint and not have to work so hard for their multimillion-dollar paychecks.
Incorrect that's just skewing the facts. It is not a matter of benefitting the coaches as per being productive in the manner the camps were intended. This isn't about develope me of the student athletes not coaches. The system was corrupted by some of the institutions i.e. Michigan. As A tactic to work around the system and exploit recruiting markets. It is for this reason the loop hole being closed was necessary. Had these coaches not used the camps for personal gain the camps had the potential to be beneficial towards development. To blame the SEC or other conferences that were not exploiting satellite camps is asinine.The camps are not being closed they are being corrected so they may be utilized in the proper manner they were intended to be used.If this is for the benefit of the kids that is what everyone should want.

That is why the other P5 conferences called bull shit

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're finally admitting the true use of camps was to abuse a loop hole. That they were not for the kids but struggling programs. Thanks it's about time you owned up to the truth :thumb:
So when the coaches from USC have traveled to camps it was to help out their struggling program?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when the coaches from USC have traveled to camps it was to help out their struggling program?
Links to USC coaches travelliing to satellite camps. Sark even declined traveling to satellite camps and he was a drunk.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Links to USC coaches travelliing to satellite camps. Sark even declined traveling to satellite camps and he was a drunk.
Not Sark his assistants. Sark even said they did. Sark said he wont because if he did one he would feel obligated to do them all.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Sark his assistants. Sark even said they did. Sark said he wont because if he did one he would feel obligated to do them all.
Like I said links. USC voted against satellite camps they don't need to exploit loop holes

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you said USC is against satellite camps. Because they don't need them with the LA market. Will you make up your mind :laugh3:
Not that I would expect you to understand logic, but I'll give it a go. USC does not benefit AS MUCH as other schools from satellite camps. It is better for them if they are not allowed. If they were permitted, USC would certainly take part.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me help you this is what Sark said
Sarkisian said he thought the traveling camps “watered down” other camps.

“We have an amazing campus and we want the kids to come to our camp,” Sarkisian said.

This is USC not Michigan who used the tag of U of M tampa to abuse A loop hole that was closed

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I would expect you to understand logic, but I'll give it a go. USC does not benefit AS MUCH as other schools from satellite camps. It is better for them if they are not allowed. If they were permitted, USC would certainly take part.
I don't think you understand the logic. You still haven't answered the difference. Between Satellite camps being used to benefit players. And satellite camps being used to benefit universities. But you claim they are for the kids..........

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark declined because camps were held during prime drinking hours.....i.e. any time he was awake. :)