• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Satelite camps shut down immediately

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bow down to a guy who once stepped over a player having a seizure. Locking a kid in a shed sounds like the winner in this contest.

Well I have to bow down in order to lick his balls, he's a short person.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can count on 1 finger the times I have agreed with SEC honk Booger McFarland but he absolutely nailed this today on ESPN.

"This is 90% about the ACC and SEC not wanting other big programs setting up shop in their back yard and 10% laziness on the part of overpaid coaches who don't want to have to do camps to keep up."

He thinks they should be ashamed.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can count on 1 finger the times I have agreed with SEC honk Booger McFarland but he absolutely nailed this today on ESPN.

"This is 90% about the ACC and SEC not wanting other big programs setting up shop in their back yard and 10% laziness on the part of overpaid coaches who don't want to have to do camps to keep up."

Spot on. I think they should be ashamed, too.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From someone who knows Jim Harbaugh very well (Willie Taggart, HC of South Florida): "Some people want things the easy way, sometimes people want others to bow down and just give in and do things the easy way. It's never like that with Jim."

So, get a grip, SEC and ACC. Even when you think you've won something, you may have lost more than you won.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It seems there is at least one SEC analyst who will just speak the truth, though I don't agree with the lazy part -- the 90% comment is spot on.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems there is at least one SEC analyst who will just speak the truth, though I don't agree with the lazy part -- the 90% comment is spot on.

Is this fact or opinion? And while you are on the subject of spot on, tell us in your opinion what the reason the B1G coaches wanted to set up shop in the ACC and SEC territories was? All about the kids or to create an advantage for themselves? We will wait on this answer but I already have the 90% answer prepared for you. Lets see if you get it right.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bow down to a guy who once stepped over a player having a seizure. Locking a kid in a shed sounds like the winner in this contest.

Your coach "vouched" for a mass murderer.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this fact or opinion? And while you are on the subject of spot on, tell us in your opinion what the reason the B1G coaches wanted to set up shop in the ACC and SEC territories was? All about the kids or to create an advantage for themselves? We will wait on this answer but I already have the 90% answer prepared for you. Lets see if you get it right.
It was less about advantage and more about even playing field. The best recruiting area is down south, everyone knows that. The coaches down south have more access to those areas. The ones up north wanted equal access.
I do think Harbs went full retard with his camps but having equal access is not a bad thing.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was less about advantage and more about even playing field. The best recruiting area is down south, everyone knows that. The coaches down south have more access to those areas. The ones up north wanted equal access.
I do think Harbs went full retard with his camps but having equal access is not a bad thing.

So it wasn't "for the kids" after all?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The reality is that they still have equal access to the recruits, just cant do camps like the three ring circus that Harbs was attempting to do.

A good recruiter will seek out and find the diamonds in the rough.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reality is that they still have equal access to the recruits, just cant do camps like the three ring circus that Harbs was attempting to do.

A good recruiter will seek out and find the diamonds in the rough.
They have access but its not equal. A kid from Baton Rouge, LA is interested in Bama and Oregon. He can drive to Tuscaloosa on the cheap however it will be a bit more costly to go to Oregon and see their facilities.

I am with you 100% on Harbs but the ruling is also hurting some of the prospective players.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have access but its not equal. A kid from Baton Rouge, LA is interested in Bama and Oregon. He can drive to Tuscaloosa on the cheap however it will be a bit more costly to go to Oregon and see their facilities.

I am with you 100% on Harbs but the ruling is also hurting some of the prospective players.

The reality of logistics and money has been an issue since time began for football players, this is not a new issue. The fact that Harbs made a three ring circus out of this is what prompted the NCAA to do what it did.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd have to ask the SEC analyst who made the statement. I just agreed with him, as that is my thoughts too.
It is no different than the SEC commissioner crying about "student athletes time constraints" when he got butt hurt over spring practices in Florida.
And if you can read -- I've already voiced my opinion of what Michigan is doing with the camps. They are using them to build relationships with players, coaches and schools in some of the best recruiting areas in the country. The extra benefits that go along with that -- kids gain exposure they wouldn't have received and could earn a scholarship for football.

You see -- I don't hide the truth about the satellite camps as the other fans are hiding the REAL reason why they are so against them.

As I said. IF the SEC had even one iota of an advantage doing satellite ,camps. They'd lift their ban and would. They don't so they want them banned.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reality of logistics and money has been an issue since time began for football players, this is not a new issue. The fact that Harbs made a three ring circus out of this is what prompted the NCAA to do what it did.
No. The crying of the SEC and ACC is what prompted the NCAA.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont disagree with you at all.

However the reality is that due to the ruling many kids will get less exposure. Does that mean they wont get offers, no but less exposure is not better. They needed a way to slap down Harbs but still get kids exposure to all the colleges they can.