• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Satelite camps shut down immediately

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont disagree with you at all.

However the reality is that due to the ruling many kids will get less exposure. Does that mean they wont get offers, no but less exposure is not better. They needed a way to slap down Harbs but still get kids exposure to all the colleges they can.

Exposure is not an issue now days. Enterprising kids with phones can post youtube videos for free. You show me a kid with no phone today and i will show you someone who lives in Somalia and doesnt play football.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exposure is not an issue now days. Enterprising kids with phones can post youtube videos for free. You show me a kid with no phone today and i will show you someone who lives in Somalia and doesnt play football.
There's a big difference in seeing someone in person and watching film. Ask any coach.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. The crying of the SEC and ACC is what prompted the NCAA.
:harbaugh: Reality says you're a liar, but you can believe what you want.

Stand by because i have seen coaches thumb their noses at the NCAA in the past and get their dick slapped in the dirt. My guess is this is another case of that looking for a place to happen.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enterprising kids can do that. But are all enterprising? Are all tech savy and have the ability to get their video in front of the right coaches?
There are many MAC coaches who go to the camps in Columbus to see kids they would not have otherwise got to watch. Many get offers because of being seen at these types of camps.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd have to ask the SEC analyst who made the statement. I just agreed with him, as that is my thoughts too.
It is no different than the SEC commissioner crying about "student athletes time constraints" when he got butt hurt over spring practices in Florida.
And if you can read -- I've already voiced my opinion of what Michigan is doing with the camps. They are using them to build relationships with players, coaches and schools in some of the best recruiting areas in the country. The extra benefits that go along with that -- kids gain exposure they wouldn't have received and could earn a scholarship for football.

You see -- I don't hide the truth about the satellite camps as the other fans are hiding the REAL reason why they are so against them.

As I said. IF the SEC had even one iota of an advantage doing satellite ,camps. They'd lift their ban and would. They don't so they want them banned.

So let me get this straight. You think that its an advantage for the B1G coaches to do the camps because it sets them up in areas and builds relationships with coaches that they would not ordinarily meet or see, but you think the SEC and ACC dont think they would gain an advantage by doing camps so thats why they didnt life their ban? Are you brain dead or just blinded by the B1g bullshit propaganda wheel your spinning on?

I can tell you the last thing you want is the SEC to lift its ban and the NCAA to allow camps where the SEC can bring its top ranked recruiters in and sway the kids in your area. They already pull enough as it is, do you think if they held camps in your neck of the woods they would not pull more? You seem to live in a fantasy world if you ask me, might wanna step into reality.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enterprising kids can do that. But are all enterprising? Are all tech savy and have the ability to get their video in front of the right coaches?
There are many MAC coaches who go to the camps in Columbus to see kids they would not have otherwise got to watch. Many get offers because of being seen at these types of camps.

I am on record as saying that they should relax this rule for the G5 schools and allow those coaches to attend the P5 camps being put on. The level of dollars that is available at the G5 schools doesnt match that of the P5 schools for recruiting budgets, so this is not a bad thing. I have said for years that any help the P5 schools can lend to these lower tier schools such as camps, games showcasing them against a top flight team and so on is a good thing. It allows the Samfords, Troy st, Le techs of the world to be seen and showcased for a small time.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a big difference in seeing someone in person and watching film. Ask any coach.

Sure there is but a good coach can tell alot by film and get an idea if they want to make an effort of seeing in person. A game or two watched by a coach is not a waste of time and they can always ask the coach at the school for more game film and information if needed.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reality says you're a liar, but you can believe what you want.

Reality? Isn't reality that the SEC and ACC cried to the NCAA about satellite camps? Isn't reality that ACC and SEC filed proposals to ban satellite camps?

I'm thinking your reality is a lie. Without the proposals submitted by the ACC and SEC -- the VOTE never happens. But you can believe what you want.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on record as saying that they should relax this rule for the G5 schools and allow those coaches to attend the P5 camps being put on. The level of dollars that is available at the G5 schools doesnt match that of the P5 schools for recruiting budgets, so this is not a bad thing. I have said for years that any help the P5 schools can lend to these lower tier schools such as camps, games showcasing them against a top flight team and so on is a good thing. It allows the Samfords, Troy st, Le techs of the world to be seen and showcased for a small time.
With you 100%

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure there is but a good coach can tell alot by film and get an idea if they want to make an effort of seeing in person. A game or two watched by a coach is not a waste of time and they can always ask the coach at the school for more game film and information if needed.
I'm not arguing that film is worthless, just pointing out that the chance to see more kids in person is greatly beneficial on both sides. Many coaches won't offer without seeing a kid in person first.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the benefits for the small schools is to bring a big name coach to their camp. They get greater attendance, and maybe some of the kids there to see someone like Harbaugh get on campus and realize, "Hey, this is actually pretty cool."

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This^^

This has been pretty much my stance throughout this thread.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reality? Isn't reality that the SEC and ACC cried to the NCAA about satellite camps? Isn't reality that ACC and SEC filed proposals to ban satellite camps?

I'm thinking your reality is a lie. Without the proposals submitted by the ACC and SEC -- the VOTE never happens. But you can believe what you want.

Can you say this with 100% certainty or only like 90%? does Bugger agree with you on this statement too or is he in the blind right now and you have to contact him and get his opinion? My guess is you are now going to come with a witty retort that shows even more homerism.

Reality is that Harbaugh caused this to get out of hand and now you are trying to defend him to your last breath. You still have not answered the question of how its an advantage to allow the B1G access to kjids in areas they are not, yet the SEC and ACC would not have that same advantage if they unbanned their rule on camps? Still waiting on how the B1g gets the advantage but the SEC and ACC would not gain an advantage? We're all waiting.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still have not answered the question of how its an advantage to allow the B1G access to kjids in areas they are not, yet the SEC and ACC would not have that same advantage if they unbanned their rule on camps? Still waiting on how the B1g gets the advantage but the SEC and ACC would not gain an advantage? We're all waiting.
I'll take a stab at this. There are more prospects in the SEC/ACC area than the B1G. Sure, SEC might do better in B1G territory, but the potential benefit for the B1G to do better in the southeast is greater. SEC/ACC would do better to not allow any of it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Youtube videos aren't even necessary. You can go on hudl and watch highlight clips of any player you'd like. I can go watch my godson's highlights of individual games or a complete season highlight clip and he is 14.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the benefits for the small schools is to bring a big name coach to their camp. They get greater attendance, and maybe some of the kids there to see someone like Harbaugh get on campus and realize, "Hey, this is actually pretty cool."

I would not have an issue with a big name coach being allowed to attend for a speech to the kids for an afternoon with a question and answer session. Not a staff of coaches or training session. This will still draw the kids and allow access to the camps and the coaching staffs of that school, but not the staffs of the high profile school. If its about the kids and access to resources, then this solves the issue to a point that satisfies most of the issues.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you say this with 100% certainty or only like 90%? does Bugger agree with you on this statement too or is he in the blind right now and you have to contact him and get his opinion? My guess is you are now going to come with a witty retort that shows even more homerism.

Reality is that Harbaugh caused this to get out of hand and now you are trying to defend him to your last breath. You still have not answered the question of how its an advantage to allow the B1G access to kjids in areas they are not, yet the SEC and ACC would not have that same advantage if they unbanned their rule on camps? Still waiting on how the B1g gets the advantage but the SEC and ACC would not gain an advantage? We're all waiting.

The kids in the areas he was holding the camps ARE BROUGHT UP ON SEC AND ACC FOOTBALL. They see the teams on a weekly basis on TV, I'm sure you have the SEC network or ACC network, as we have the B1G network. The high school coaching staffs in SEC Country already have relationships with coaches in these conferences. And last, but not least, YOU HAVE LIGHT YEARS MORE ELITE RECRUITS IN YOUR OWN BACKYARD.

What is Alabama going to do? Come to Michigan and hold a satellite camp? Feel free. Go to Ohio to hold a satellite camp? PLEASE DO, you'd be helping Michigan if you took recruits away from OSU. Maybe you can set up a camp in Minnesota or Iowa or Wisconsin?

If the SEC or ACC had even a .00000000001% advantage by lifting the ban on satellite camps in their conferences -- THEY WOULD HAVE DONE SO. Look at the law they just passed in Georgia (coincidentally, Alabama has the same type of law) -- They will do anything to gain any advantage.

Georgia passes new open records law

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take a stab at this. There are more prospects in the SEC/ACC area than the B1G. Sure, SEC might do better in B1G territory, but the potential benefit for the B1G to do better in the southeast is greater. SEC/ACC would do better to not allow any of it.

I can agree with this to a point. The fact that this is about advantages for the schools keeps coming into play without it even being noticed. Anytime someone makes an argument its about the schools having access to the kids, not the kids having access to the schools. I am not worried about any other school because mine has the best recruiting staff in the nation, the best coach and some of the best facilities in the country(and improving daily) so this is not an issue i really care about. In the end it is funny to see the clamoring about its for the kids, when its really about one thing, the bottom line on recruiting.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kids in the areas he was holding the camps ARE BROUGHT UP ON SEC AND ACC FOOTBALL. They see the teams on a weekly basis on TV, I'm sure you have the SEC network or ACC network, as we have the B1G network. The high school coaching staffs in SEC Country already have relationships with coaches in these conferences. And last, but not least, YOU HAVE LIGHT YEARS MORE ELITE RECRUITS IN YOUR OWN BACKYARD.

What is Alabama going to do? Come to Michigan and hold a satellite camp? Feel free. Go to Ohio to hold a satellite camp? PLEASE DO, you'd be helping Michigan if you took recruits away from OSU. Maybe you can set up a camp in Minnesota or Iowa or Wisconsin?

If the SEC or ACC had even a .00000000001% advantage by lifting the ban on satellite camps in their conferences -- THEY WOULD HAVE DONE SO. Look at the law they just passed in Georgia (coincidentally, Alabama has the same type of law) -- They will do anything to gain any advantage.

Georgia passes new open records law

Its funny you talk about what they would do because my coach does it. He hires coaches that have great connections in many regions. He has two or three former HC's on his staff right now and they all had different areas they had contacts and good relationships for. National recruiting is not a happy accident that was born out of continued Success at Bama, its part of the Saban "process" and its a proven plan that works consistently.

As for it not producing an advantage for the SEC or ACC if they removed the ban from the camps rule, you seem to be in denial.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still dancing around the truth?

satellites_zpsovnw2gnu.gif