• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brandon Cooks

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys are really sold on Ward sticking around?

I think he was a nice bright spot and a good story at the end of the season, but I don't think he will be starting on the big team.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but a backup. He's a solid b/u, I believe. If we draft 2 Wr's, Cooks, JJAW and DJAX, we're pretty set.

Cooks may be a dream, but is a possibility.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooks is all right. He would improve things with his speed for sure. At the right price.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m done with retreads, I want fresh DNA.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salary is just too high 12-13 mil per season ... he's a concussion away from retirement. Breshad Perriman would have been a better option at 6-8 mil.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. Cooks really ins't worth it. I'm just sick and tired of waiting for the draft, and hoping Howie makes a trade to get a good receiver. 25 more excruciating days to wait. In retrospect, I wish we would have made the move to get Hopkins. Sanders is replaceable, even though he was excellent last year. You can always get a good RB in the Draft. I'm just musing! :gaah:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Over rated, under useful.

Even Belichick didn't know until he saw it himself. Shipped him right back out of town.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading up on the situation, it sounds like their situation with Cooks has some similarity with what we have going on with Alshon. They'll be on the hook for a ton if they flat out cut him, but not as much if they trade him ... so they are very motivated. We can probably snag him for a 5th or 6th rounder as a one year rental and if it doesn't work out we can release him after the one season and not be on the hook for a cent. Not really sure if he would count against the cap for his the 8 Mil Base or the guaranteed 12 (includes a roster bonus which I'm not sure would transfer to the traded team). If it's for just the 8 it would make much more sense.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading up on the situation, it sounds like their situation with Cooks has some similarity with what we have going on with Alshon. They'll be on the hook for a ton if they flat out cut him, but not as much if they trade him ... so they are very motivated. We can probably snag him for a 5th or 6th rounder as a one year rental and if it doesn't work out we can release him after the one season and not be on the hook for a cent. Not really sure if he would count against the cap for his the 8 Mil Base or the guaranteed 12 (includes a roster bonus which I'm not sure would transfer to the traded team). If it's for just the 8 it would make much more sense.
Well he's fast and can spread the defense. If he comes cheap enough, sure it could benefit us for this year while we try to buy time for a better long term plan at the position.

With Cooks AND Desean we could have the fastest receivers in the medical tent in the entire league!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he's fast and can spread the defense. If he comes cheap enough, sure it could benefit us for this year while we try to buy time for a better long term plan at the position.

With Cooks AND Desean we could have the fastest receivers in the medical tent in the entire league!

:lol:

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im out. Not for any price.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooks is talented, but outside of his first 3-4 years in the league with New Orleans, he's never really been much of an impactful guy, especially for the money he makes.

On to the draft...