• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bragging rights...predict the record

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB = yes --- at best a push but I think we went down a step here
RB = yes --- unchanged unless we got the 25 year old AP, CT and Kelley are coming off of injury. they could be worse
OL = yes ---- same except for healthy at the moment so I agree …. better with health
WR = yes --- I am assuming you said yes due to Richardson because everything else is unchanged, I'll take the wait and see approach

There are more than a few that think we will be better on D and a little worse on O

I definitely think the Skins are much better and much deeper on def. I think the corners will be fine as well though Dunbar makes me a little nervous and lack of depth at safety.

Mcphee was IMO an underrated signing and Payne and Settle look like beasts and Jonathan Allen might be 1 of the better 3-4 ends in league already.

Offense there is a concern for every single unit, unlike dline and lb where we are swimming with depth

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is tough... There are zero superbowl aspirations with Alex Smith now or in the future, HOWEVER I could see them going 10-6 based on the talent on defense.

I have a very serious question for you. Did you honestly believe that this team with Kirk, at some point in his career here, even if he was re-signed might have become legitimate Super Bowl contenders? If so, how?

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a very serious question for you. Did you honestly believe that this team with Kirk, at some point in his career here, even if he was re-signed might have become legitimate Super Bowl contenders? If so, how?

Yes. I thought they were a very good team last year... I was wrong about Pryor and so was everyone else. I also foolishly didnt expect to be as riddled with injuries as they were. I thought 10-11 wins with health is where they would have ended last year....

fast forward a year. add some pieces on def, find a real nfl rb to go with Thompson, and add some talent at receiver and I'd have expected them to improve on the 10-11 wins.

I think you can build around Cousins and win a SB. Hes a fiery competitor and a very very good QB. The detractors will realize this shortly.

As for Alex Smith this will be his 3rd different team. He was unable to do it with the 49ers.... who were loaded when Colin freaking Kaepernick took them to SB and NFC was weak. He was unable to do it with the Chiefs when they were freaking loaded and AFC was weak.

Cousins provides at the very least a bit of unknown unlike smith

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I thought they were a very good team last year... I was wrong about Pryor and so was everyone else. I also foolishly didnt expect to be as riddled with injuries as they were. I thought 10-11 wins with health is where they would have ended last year....

fast forward a year. add some pieces on def, find a real nfl rb to go with Thompson, and add some talent at receiver and I'd have expected them to improve on the 10-11 wins.

I think you can build around Cousins and win a SB. Hes a fiery competitor and a very very good QB. The detractors will realize this shortly.

As for Alex Smith this will be his 3rd different team. He was unable to do it with the 49ers.... who were loaded when Colin freaking Kaepernick took them to SB and NFC was weak. He was unable to do it with the Chiefs when they were freaking loaded and AFC was weak.

Cousins provides at the very least a bit of unknown unlike smith

Thanks! Although this is essentially the same team, we disagree on Smith being able to do what Cousins might have, and that's fair. Correct me if I'm wrong but you seem to have a QB centered POV, whereas I see it as team centered POV. Neither is wrong, just the way we see it.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks! Although this is essentially the same team, we disagree on Smith being able to do what Cousins might have, and that's fair. Correct me if I'm wrong but you seem to have a QB centered POV, whereas I see it as team centered POV. Neither is wrong, just the way we see it.

Guice throws a wrinkle into things but taking out the QB I think this team generally speaking is at the very least as good as last year.
QB - worse
RB - same (rob kelley is unbelievably bad though)
TE - same
Oline - same
Dline - better
Edge - same (mcphee = galette/murphy)
ILB - better (more depth/experience)
CB - worse
S - same
ST - same

got better in 2 areas and worse in 2 areas IMO. Difference though will be health and if Alex Smith can at the least be as good as Cousins... thats where my doubts are and thats why I think we range from 4 wins to 10 wins

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My real take is we would need a QB named Jesus of Nazareth moved to Ashurn to win a SB. It would take several miracles for this ownership/front office to win a championship.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My real take is we would need a QB named Jesus of Nazareth moved to Ashurn to win a SB. It would take several miracles for this ownership/front office to win a championship.

Totally agree!
BTW: correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that this organization has ever won a Superbowl with the QB being the strength of the team. Wasn't it alway a stout defense, and strong offensive players around a competent QB?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They probably wouldn't move heaven and earth to get him re-signed after his rookie contract!:D

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes. Do you believe Minnesota is a legit contender this season?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could have guessed you would have said the "offense" would hold us back this season. Let's see where we improved in the off season:
QB = yes
RB = yes
OL = yes
WR = yes
I expect the offense to provide an uptick this season.

I really don’t see how an independent mind can come to the conclusion we improved at QB. Alex Smith has had one good year in his career.

We have exactly the same RBs as last season except our productive one is coming back from a season ending injury that required surgery. They may produce more this season, but they are not better entering the season.

OL is only better if we consider health. Going into the season we are likely worse. Trent is another year older coming back from injury. Moses is already injured. We still have no LG. Roullier is not an improvement going into the season.

WR is only an improvement going in if Doctson makes a jump or a rookie steps in and produces big. Paul Richardson, going into the season, is not a bigger upgrade than Pryor was. PR has done nothing and Pryor was looking very legit.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My philosophy has been the same since the ESPN days . When all things are equal go younger .

My only talking point is don’t say anyone us better then back track while trying to sell me on the move

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you are saying is you got a little hay for your donkey in Roanoke. :thumb:

My mother and her family were all born in Roanoke. It is a very nice little city. Family was from Bedford County not far from Smith Mountain Lake but of course a lot of that was before there was a lake.

I guess you pretty well summed it up with the donkey and the hay, LOL.

All of that area you described is beautiful. I've enjoyed quite a few camping trips and fishing at Smith Mountain Lake.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don’t see how an independent mind can come to the conclusion we improved at QB. Alex Smith has had one good year in his career.

We have exactly the same RBs as last season except our productive one is coming back from a season ending injury that required surgery. They may produce more this season, but they are not better entering the season.
A: Right now, AP is better than any run down producer on the active roster. Better!

OL is only better if we consider health. Going into the season we are likely worse. Trent is another year older coming back from injury. Moses is already injured. We still have no LG. Roullier is not an improvement going into the season.
A: Being fully healthy is better than what last year resulted in. Better!

WR is only an improvement going in if Doctson makes a jump or a rookie steps in and produces big. Paul Richardson, going into the season, is not a bigger upgrade than Pryor was. PR has done nothing and Pryor was looking very legit.
A: Richardson is clearly more capable of what Pryor brought to the table which was nothing. His presence alone will help assist other players on the field for sure. Crowder takes a step forward as will a healthy Reed. Quinn and Sims may not produce big, but they are young, learning and will contribute at some point this season. Better!

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB = yes --- at best a push but I think we went down a step here.
A: A more polished version of Cousins came in.
RB = yes --- unchanged unless we got the 25 year old AP, CT and Kelley are coming off of injury. they could be worse.
A: AP is better than anyone named Kelly, Perine etc.
OL = yes ---- same except for healthy at the moment so I agree …. better with health
A: Agreed
WR = yes --- I am assuming you said yes due to Richardson because everything else is unchanged, I'll take the wait and see approach.
A: I did and I believe with our youth movement at WR, Quinn & Sims contribute some this year.

There are more than a few that think we will be better on D and a little worse on O.
A: I'm ok with that. Those few hate the QB move and don't want to admit the team will be better this year, on BOTH sides of the ball for a magnitude of reasons.
HTTR!

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"get a clue" lol

I agreed that WR on paper is improved but it wont mean they will be effective..... sure doctson can jump real high but it doesnt matter if he lacks speed and precision to create any separation

Also will alex smith have the arm strength to drive the ball on those intermediate routes where Cousins excelled? I dont think so.... Crowder and Thompson should benefit however
Good points, so we shall see...I'll be in AZ watching game 1 in person myself to see. :-)

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is AP a better run producer? How do you get that?

Today, fully healthy, nobody will argue. We are better than our fifth stringers from last season.

How is Richardson clearly more capable? He has never topped 800 yards. Nobody, at this point, is afraid of him. Now you are prognosticating JC being better and Reed being healthy? Sounds like a lot of hope with no sound justification.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Do you believe Minnesota is a legit contender this season?

Yes but so are most teams in the league and they were that before signing Cousins. Does he improve their chances to get the ring? Honestly, no!

I know that this is going to hurt some feelings, but there's just not much more coming from Kirk, that they got from Keenum.

Considering Green Bay and Aaron Rogers, they will be lucky to win their division.

Last edited:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but so are most teams in the league and they were that before signing Cousins. Does he improve their chances to get the ring? Honestly, no!

I know that this is going to hurt some feelings, but there's just not much more coming from Kirk, that they got from Keenum.

Considering Green Bay and Aaron Rogers, they will be lucky to win their division.

Oh, I agree with you about Minnesota being a contender without KC. So KC can be a contender. If the Redskins are a team, then KC could end up a contender on the Redskins. Alex Smith has been on the type of team that is a contender without him, both in SF and in KC. He was given every chance on those teams and the coaches, both of whom were very good, basically said he isn’t good enough.

This will shock some people. The way Keenum played last season, I agree he had a better chance of success in Minnesoata, all other things equal, than KC. Sadly, Sporano died and this changes things. KC is a better QB than Keenum, but the question is, can he be a better QB for Minnesota?

I think Jimmy will prove to be a huge pickup for GB, but they will still fall short of expectations.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree with you about Minnesota being a contender without KC. So KC can be a contender. If the Redskins are a team, then KC could end up a contender on the Redskins. Alex Smith has been on the type of team that is a contender without him, both in SF and in KC. He was given every chance on those teams and the coaches, both of whom were very good, basically said he isn’t good enough.

This will shock some people. The way Keenum played last season, I agree he had a better chance of success in Minnesoata, all other things equal, than KC. Sadly, Sporano died and this changes things. KC is a better QB than Keenum, but the question is, can he be a better QB for Minnesota?

I think Jimmy will prove to be a huge pickup for GB, but they will still fall short of expectations.

I honestly cannot disagree with anything you've written.