• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boys sign Smith for $98 too much Lions fans?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is position won't matter. JJ Watt won't demand that he be paid as the top DE he will be paid as one of the top D players in the league. So will Suh, regardless of who signs him.

Actually -- JJ Watt would be smart to demand he be paid as the top DE, as the highest paid defensive player in the NFL in 2014 is a DE at 16 million a year (Mario Williams). So by demanding to be the highest paid defensive end, which he absolutely should demand, he would become the highest paid defensive player.

To me -- 15-17 million a year is something a player like JJ Watt SHOULD get paid. IF Suh is paid 15-17 million -- JJ Watt should get 20 million a year. He is on another level compared to Suh. He is not only one of the best pass rushers in the game. He is one of the best against the run and when he doesn't get to the QB, he is one of the best at knocking down balls at the line of scrimmage.

To put it in perspective -- Suh has had 23 stuffs on running plays in 4 years. JJ Watt had 23 in ONE YEAR (47 stuffs in 3 years). Suh has 12 passes defensed in 4 years. JJ Watt had 16 passes defensed in ONE YEAR (28 total in 3 years). Suh has 27.5 sacks in 4 years. JJ Watt had 20.5 sacks in ONE YEAR. Suh has 186 combined tackles in 4 years. Watt has 216 combined tackles in 3 years.

IMO -- there is only one DL who could demand to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL and he would have earned that money. It is JJ Watt. I love Suh and think both players are beasts. Watt, IMO, is on a completely different level than Suh though.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TrnChrCo2.jpg

Max you should have went to same college as myself. You have already forgot how to size pics.

No, I haven't. Kanye is just bigger than life is all.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually -- JJ Watt would be smart to demand he be paid as the top DE, as the highest paid defensive player in the NFL in 2014 is a DE at 16 million a year (Mario Williams). So by demanding to be the highest paid defensive end, which he absolutely should demand, he would become the highest paid defensive player.

To me -- 15-17 million a year is something a player like JJ Watt SHOULD get paid. IF Suh is paid 15-17 million -- JJ Watt should get 20 million a year. He is on another level compared to Suh. He is not only one of the best pass rushers in the game. He is one of the best against the run and when he doesn't get to the QB, he is one of the best at knocking down balls at the line of scrimmage.

To put it in perspective -- Suh has had 23 stuffs on running plays in 4 years. JJ Watt had 23 in ONE YEAR (47 stuffs in 3 years). Suh has 12 passes defensed in 4 years. JJ Watt had 16 passes defensed in ONE YEAR (28 total in 3 years). Suh has 27.5 sacks in 4 years. JJ Watt had 20.5 sacks in ONE YEAR. Suh has 186 combined tackles in 4 years. Watt has 216 combined tackles in 3 years.

IMO -- there is only one DL who could demand to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL and he would have earned that money. It is JJ Watt. I love Suh and think both players are beasts. Watt, IMO, is on a completely different level than Suh though.

Alright, enough of this shit is enough. Who are you and what have you done with TrustMe? He and I almost never see eye-to-eye, yet I agree with everything this new (impostor) TrustMe posts lately...

:noidea:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, enough of this shit is enough. Who are you and what have you done with TrustMe? He and I almost never see eye-to-eye, yet I agree with everything this new (impostor) TrustMe posts lately...

It is simple -- I love Suh and I am all for keeping him on the team, but at some point you have to draw the line where it becomes detrimental to the team as a whole.

If Suh hadn't been drafted #2 overall and received his absurd rookie deal. I don't believe the numbers being thrown around would even be mentioned. Because he was already paid 12 million a year, does this mean Detroit must pay him 15 or 16 now, when he was already the highest paid DT?

Another player I'd like to add to the JJ Watt type money list is Robert Quinn. He is a guy who could demand that type of money too right now.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nevermind that. What have you done with TPaul? :susp:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trustme has been spot on lately... you need to post first and make sense for once and make him agree with you.:pound::pound::pound:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO problem with the Smith contract. He's young, very talented, continues to improve and never has been any trouble. Giving Suh anything like this contract would be flat out stupid. Being the headcase he is, it's jut a matter of time before he detonates like a time bomb.

Suh is an Albert Haynesworth in the making, can't keep his self out of trouble based on poor decision making, any guaranteed money to him is a waste

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh is an Albert Haynesworth in the making, can't keep his self out of trouble based on poor decision making, any guaranteed money to him is a waste

Sure buddy. Whatever you say.

Maybe stick with baseball from now on?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure buddy. Whatever you say.

Maybe stick with baseball from now on?

In his defense, there really wont be any good NFL football to talk about in Texas this year.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his defense, there really wont be any good NFL football to talk about in Texas this year.

There isnt any good baseball either in texas.

I love how fans of other teams always bring up "suh is a troublemaker" crap. How long has it been? Stomping on a player in the 50's or 60's wouldve made him a legend. Watch how wherever suh ends up signing how those fans will all of a sudden love suh.

Might as well go to cleveland. Their fans have ways of talking shit about a player then welcoming him back with open arms.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isnt any good baseball either in texas.

I love how fans of other teams always bring up "suh is a troublemaker" crap. How long has it been?

Some fans of the Lions (well, Mayhew) still do it here.