• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boogie Trade Market

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. If Rose didn't get us a 1st no way u get a first unless a dumb team offers u a 1st and then u run and take that deal. I always felt Dragic was a little over rated. U have watched him more then me so I will take your word I guess i just don't see it.

Dragic is significantly more valuable than Rose at this point in time. Seems crazy considering where Rose came from, but he is nowhere close to the same since the injuries. Still a solid NBA player, but not a star.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at this the other way.

I think you are correct that the lower end playoff teams are his most likely suitors, but I also think those team should are most likely to want to risk a boogie trade. I mean seriously, what does a team like the wizards have to lose if it goes wrong?

I use them as an example because some have suggested that pairing Wall and Cousins would be a good thing. I am not sure if that is true or what the Wizards would have to give up, but I would support a Cousins deal because the current group is going nowhere fast. Might as well shake things up.

I agree, the lower tier playoff teams have nothing really to lose. Generally speaking, they tend to be perennial lower tier playoff teams with no real way of getting better soon. If they trade for Boogie and it works, even just for the rest of the season, they are contenders for at least the rest of the season and possibly longer if he just needed a change of scenery.

If it doesn't and he blows up the team. Well, they were probably going to have to do that sooner or anyway and at least they show their fans they tried.

Yeah, it sounds like pairing Wall and Boogie could be good for the Wizards. if Wall can keep him in check, the East could get interesting.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragic is significantly more valuable than Rose at this point in time. Seems crazy considering where Rose came from, but he is nowhere close to the same since the injuries. Still a solid NBA player, but not a star.
Better player is still rose but for a whole season yes Dragic will play more and overall have more impact in a season but give me a series I want rose. When he plays NY Knicks look a lot better. He has an impact on that team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Boston option has them giving up way too much.

The price should be either both picks, or Brown and 1 pick. Brown + both picks is worth far more than Cousins IMO. For that price I would expect to land a guy like Anthony Davis or KAT (yes I realize neither is available).
I disagree, Cousin is a Proven Top 5 guy at his position. Basically u are trading him for 3 Players that u don't know how they will end up.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, Cousin is a Proven Top 5 guy at his position. Basically u are trading him for 3 Players that u don't know how they will end up.
I agree that Cousins is pretty much on AD/KAT level talent wise, but when you're trading a headcase, locker room cancer, you get less value.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Cousins is pretty much on AD/KAT level talent wise, but when you're trading a headcase, locker room cancer, you get less value.

Exactly!

Talented players can make a team worse if they are bad teammates.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly!

Talented players can make a team worse if they are bad teammates.
true but maybe he just needs someone to put him in his place. lets be honest who in Sac going to tell him what to do. They have no coach or player with leadership to tell him.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true but maybe he just needs someone to put him in his place. lets be honest who in Sac going to tell him what to do. They have no coach or player with leadership to tell him.
I think they're scared to tell him shit. Marinate on that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is totally true, but that absolutely lowers his trade value. Maybe Boston has that guy, maybe they don't. Still though, it would be foolish to risk such valuable assets on a guy who legitimately might destroy a positive team culture. Nobody else would be willing or able to pay anywhere close to that price. The Kings I am sure will try to get both picks + Brown, but no way Boston should pay that.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is totally true, but that absolutely lowers his trade value. Maybe Boston has that guy, maybe they don't. Still though, it would be foolish to risk such valuable assets on a guy who legitimately might destroy a positive team culture. Nobody else would be willing or able to pay anywhere close to that price. The Kings I am sure will try to get both picks + Brown, but no way Boston should pay that.
They may even want Smart instead of Brown. I'm all set either way.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. If Rose didn't get us a 1st no way u get a first unless a dumb team offers u a 1st and then u run and take that deal. I always felt Dragic was a little over rated. U have watched him more then me so I will take your word I guess i just don't see it.

Rose is chronically broken and will be a free agent.

Dragic is under contract for a few more Seasons.

Even a bad team can afford to roll the dice with a late first rounder and won't have to fear him bolting for greener pastures at the end of the Season.

Nobody is giving up a first for a broken, short-term right rental.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sacramento's front office sucks. They won't trade him and he will walk away for nothing.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Entirely possible. However, teams aren't going to want to give up his true value in a trade because of the possibility that he could wreck the team.

Add to that the fact that everyone knows they want/need to get rid of him and it makes it even harder to get his true value.