• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boogie Trade Market

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram will be a solid player but he is no Giles or Jackson, or explosive like Malik. This draft is looking like one for the ages.

Fultz, Ball, Smith all elite-level PG's, Monk & Fox look impressive as well as far as guards are concerned. Then you got the wings like Jackson, Giles, Isaac and Tatum, and Lauri Markkanen looks really impressive as well. That top 10 plus guys like Anunogby, Rabb, Bridges, etc. this draft is extremely deep. Could challenge the 2015 Draft Class for best since 03'.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fultz, Ball, Smith all elite-level PG's, Monk & Fox look impressive as well as far as guards are concerned. Then you got the wings like Jackson, Giles, Isaac and Tatum, and Lauri Markkanen looks really impressive as well. That top 10 plus guys like Anunogby, Rabb, Bridges, etc. this draft is extremely deep. Could challenge the 2015 Draft Class for best since 03'.

If Miami can trade dragic for another 1st rounder this june....

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the problem with a Boogie trade and why I don't think it'll happen as easily as some would think.

His value is through the roof despite his attitude, it's going to take a HAUL to acquire him. Dude's playing out of his mind. Contenders won't want to give up as much as it will take to get him because it would deplete their depth and potentially make them WORSE. Bad teams with tons of trade chips (Nuggets, Suns, TWolves, etc.) technically could trade for him, but why would they? None of those teams (minus Minny as they mature) are close to contending, so why sell the farm for a potential team cancer that will become a FA 2 years from now?

Lakers could make sense, but problem is Sacramento HATES LA, so I doubt they'd be willing to deal with them, and if they did it would really upset their fans. LA would have to massively overpay.

I can't think of too many teams outside of Boston that have a legit shot at landing him. And if they do... do you really want to pair Boogie and IT up again? There were rumors of chemistry issues between the two in Sacramento after IT signed with Phoenix.

I just don't see too many deals that make sense for both parties at this point.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Miami can trade dragic for another 1st rounder this june....

Hey, he got us two 1st rounders from you guys... :dhd:

I'm sure some team would be willing to shell a late lotto to mid-1st for him, depends on the team though of course. PG is so deep right now, and with Ball, Fultz, Smith and Fox in play his value may not be as high for some of those lotto teams.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'd definitely find a way to work. Offensively there wouldn't be any problems. Both are good passers and both are deep threats from the outside. They could run a lot of the sets that the Spurs and Warriors use with the bigs up high. Lots of pinch post action, and you could probably include some triangle aspects with Boogie commanding a double and Horford as an additional spacer.

Defensively would be a bit tougher. Horford is solid and Cousins is pretty good when he's engaged. I think there's potential for them to work together without really duplicating each other.
Yeah and Boston d
Down side no BIGs really in this draft. Its a very guard and forward heavy class.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not worth a lottery pick but he is def worth a mid to late 1st round pick. He's probably having his best year since 2013-2014

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not worth a lottery pick but he is def worth a mid to late 1st round pick. He's probably having his best year since 2013-2014

Yeah lotto pick is a reach, but I could see a team in the 15-25 range being all over him. Not a long shot at all, again just depends on the fit.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah lotto pick is a reach, but I could see a team in the 15-25 range being all over him. Not a long shot at all, again just depends on the fit.

Yeah I wouldn't expect a lottery pick for him which is fine considering we will have our own lottery but to have 2 picks in the top 20 would be pretty nice

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're crazy
No way. If Rose didn't get us a 1st no way u get a first unless a dumb team offers u a 1st and then u run and take that deal. I always felt Dragic was a little over rated. U have watched him more then me so I will take your word I guess i just don't see it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. If Rose didn't get us a 1st no way u get a first unless a dumb team offers u a 1st and then u run and take that deal. I always felt Dragic was a little over rated. U have watched him more then me so I will take your word I guess i just don't see it.

Rose had different issues. Injury prone and only had one year left on his contract. Miami is not going to trade Dragic if all they're getting is a 2nd round pick. Also the Bulls did not really make him available during the deadline if I remember correctly.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose had different issues. Injury prone and only had one year left on his contract. Miami is not going to trade Dragic if all they're getting is a 2nd round pick. Also the Bulls did not really make him available during the deadline if I remember correctly.
Maybe a late 1st

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kings blew their chance with us when they tried to finagle TWO of our 3 young guys(plus Ingram)....but moving on, they HAVE to get him out of there before he leaves. Even if it's not fair compensation, I'd still move him

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kings blew their chance with us when they tried to finagle TWO of our 3 young guys(plus Ingram)....but moving on, they HAVE to get him out of there before he leaves. Even if it's not fair compensation, I'd still move him
I agree, no way in hell he stays. If I was Boston I would do it. They don't need their draft picks because well they are going to start cutting player they have drafted so it would be a waste to have so many picks. Its time for Boston to make a move. Draft picks won't help them right now.
As a Bulls fan I would love to have cousin on the team. Don't get me wrong Lopez has been great but to add cousin to Butler and Wade and Rondo would be scary good for this team. I know they have no shot at getting him.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ain't trading shit for him right now. I'm waiting till he becomes even more toxic to where Sacramento just gives up and is willing to dump him for a ham sandwich (we're getting close). Think of something like those trades CitySushi suggested but half the value. Even then, I'd still think long and hard about it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the problem with a Boogie trade and why I don't think it'll happen as easily as some would think.

His value is through the roof despite his attitude, it's going to take a HAUL to acquire him. Dude's playing out of his mind. Contenders won't want to give up as much as it will take to get him because it would deplete their depth and potentially make them WORSE. Bad teams with tons of trade chips (Nuggets, Suns, TWolves, etc.) technically could trade for him, but why would they? None of those teams (minus Minny as they mature) are close to contending, so why sell the farm for a potential team cancer that will become a FA 2 years from now?

Lakers could make sense, but problem is Sacramento HATES LA, so I doubt they'd be willing to deal with them, and if they did it would really upset their fans. LA would have to massively overpay.

I can't think of too many teams outside of Boston that have a legit shot at landing him. And if they do... do you really want to pair Boogie and IT up again? There were rumors of chemistry issues between the two in Sacramento after IT signed with Phoenix.

I just don't see too many deals that make sense for both parties at this point.
Interesting article on ESPN kind of suggesting just that:

Lakers' dilemma: Search for a superstar or keep it together?

The sheen has worn off the league's glitziest franchise. The reeling Lakers are 11-20, with a better chance at finishing with one of the league's three worst records -- and potentially keeping their first-round pick again -- than vaulting into the playoffs.

They have a bunch of interesting young players, but no surefire future All-Stars. It's early, particularly for a rookie so stringy he almost doesn't look real, but none of the Showtime Babies has stormed the league like Kristaps Porzingis, Karl-Anthony Towns, or Joel Embiid. Three of them -- D'Angelo Russell, Julius Randle, and now Larry Nance Jr. -- already carry significant injury baggage.

This is when the impulsive, star-stalking Lakers would reach for some classic franchise plastic surgery: Flip two or three kiddos into an established star, and use that guy to lure a second superstar. Hell, that might even be a rational response to the new proposed collective bargaining deal.

Tweaks giving teams an edge in re-signing their own free agents will make it harder for L.A. to snare stars away. Lakers exceptionalism has flat-lined, anyway. Stars barely considered them over the past few summers. Beyond L.A., the pitch of, "Be the missing piece for our vaguely interesting .500-ish team of young guys!" hasn't appealed; stars shrugged and chose the Spurs and Warriors. The disastrous deals for Timofey Mozgov and Luol Deng will make it hard for the Lakers to fit even one max-level deal signed after 2017, and almost impossible to absorb two. (The Lakers badly overpaid for Deng; Washington had traction with Deng on a three-year deal worth $20 million less overall than L.A. ended up paying, and was stunned to learn of L.A.'s offer, according to several league sources.)

In that environment, maybe the Lakers should bust up their young core to trade for a stud now -- to at least get one proven A-plus player in the door. Get one still locked into an ancient, pre-boom contract -- say, a temperamental big man playing 400 miles north and earning less than Allen Crabbe -- and the Lakers would have a brief moment in which they could carve out space for a free-agent co-star.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Boston trade option. It's really good for both sides . Only problem
Would he be able to play next to Al horford

I think the Boston option has them giving up way too much.

The price should be either both picks, or Brown and 1 pick. Brown + both picks is worth far more than Cousins IMO. For that price I would expect to land a guy like Anthony Davis or KAT (yes I realize neither is available).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't imagine there will be a lot of interest in Boogie. The teams that are already contenders or close to it are unlikely to want anything to do with him because they risk him messing up their chemistry.

Young developing teams like the Lakers, Sixers, T-Wolves and Jazz, etc,. etc. are unlikely to want him. Who wants that kind of influence on a young locker room.

That pretty well leaves teams who are lower seed playoff contenders hoping a change of scenery will be good for him and he can get them to a higher seed. I doubt they'd want to give up very much for him though because of the risk of him blowing up their team.

Plus, just having other teams know that you want a guy gone, drives his value down.

I look at this the other way.

I think you are correct that the lower end playoff teams are his most likely suitors, but I also think those team should are most likely to want to risk a boogie trade. I mean seriously, what does a team like the wizards have to lose if it goes wrong?

I use them as an example because some have suggested that pairing Wall and Cousins would be a good thing. I am not sure if that is true or what the Wizards would have to give up, but I would support a Cousins deal because the current group is going nowhere fast. Might as well shake things up.