• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boogie Trade Market

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where can this guy end up. he is a Top 3-5 center. He comes with a lot of baggage. Who can land him and where would he fit in and what is his trade value. What would it take to land him.

As a Bulls fan I would love to land him but know we don't have the pieces to land him. My best trade package would be; Mirotic, Gibson ,Valantine, Lopez and a 1st. I don't think that is good enough but again I don't know what Boogie trade value is right now. Is it high or is it low?

Do you think he stays in Sactown or does he get moved? What team is in best position to land him?

Just interested in what you guys think.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, no stable franchise will take him. He's shown he's that despite his talent, he's basically a locker-room cancer. There's no way around it.

I'm not sure which teams would be willing to take him on. There are plenty of situations I think might fit him well, but here are the most interesting to me:

Milwaukee: Trades Jabari Parker and Greg Monroe
Receives: Demarcus Cousins and Anthony Tolliver
-This would be good value for both sides. Kings are going to try to move Rudy Gay, so they have his replacement and a really nice young player in Parker. Monroe has fallen out of favor there and could do with change of scenery. Milwaukee gets Cousins to pair with Giannis, which might be the most dynamic P&R combo in the NBA if this were to happen. Next year with a healthy Middleton, they could be a contender. The biggest factor here for me would be J-Kidd though. As a former player he's seen it all and could possible relate to Cousins better than any other coach (other than Malone) has previously.

Boston: Trades Amir Johnson, Jaylen Brown and both Nets first round picks.
Receives: Demarcus Cousins
-This again would be great for both parties. The Kings would get two future high picks due to the Nets sucking, and another very good prospect in Brown and 12M in expiring contracts. This would be the way to go for a future rebuild. For the Celtics, it gives them another monster player to make a run this year. Brad Stevens and the culture that Boston has going right now would give great stability to Cousins.

Denver: Trades Kenneth Faried, Will Barton and Jusef Nurkic
-This would be a nice haul for the Kings to have a shorter turn around. This provides them really with 3 quality starters back in return for Boogie. The Nuggets get Cousins to run and gun with their team and he'll have that stability back with Malone as his head coach. Malone has been the only one to be able to control Cousins in any facet and they were working well together until the Kings fired him. A starting lineup of Jokic, Cousins, Gallo, Chandler and Mudiay, with Harris, Murray off the bench would be a nightmare to play against. Especially in Denver.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, no stable franchise will take him. He's shown he's that despite his talent, he's basically a locker-room cancer. There's no way around it.

I'm not sure which teams would be willing to take him on. There are plenty of situations I think might fit him well, but here are the most interesting to me:

-This would be good value for both sides. Kings are going to try to move Rudy Gay, so they have his replacement and a really nice young player in Parker. Monroe has fallen out of favor there and could do with change of scenery. Milwaukee gets Cousins to pair with Giannis, which might be the most dynamic P&R combo in the NBA if this were to happen. Next year with a healthy Middleton, they could be a contender. The biggest factor here for me would be J-Kidd though. As a former player he's seen it all and could possible relate to Cousins better than any other coach (other than Malone) has previously.

-This again would be great for both parties. The Kings would get two future high picks due to the Nets sucking, and another very good prospect in Brown and 12M in expiring contracts. This would be the way to go for a future rebuild. For the Celtics, it gives them another monster player to make a run this year. Brad Stevens and the culture that Boston has going right now would give great stability to Cousins.

-This would be a nice haul for the Kings to have a shorter turn around. This provides them really with 3 quality starters back in return for Boogie. The Nuggets get Cousins to run and gun with their team and he'll have that stability back with Malone as his head coach. Malone has been the only one to be able to control Cousins in any facet and they were working well together until the Kings fired him. A starting lineup of Jokic, Cousins, Gallo, Chandler and Mudiay, with Harris, Murray off the bench would be a nightmare to play against. Especially in Denver.

I think Boogies issues are magnified by a losing franchise. He is one of those that it is all considered minor if he is on a good team.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Boogies issues are magnified by a losing franchise. He is one of those that it is all considered minor if he is on a good team.

Agree, but also the coaching staff really matters. Milwaukee would be an interesting fit for me because of J-Kidd again and his ability to relate to cousins as a player. With a core of Middleton, Giannis and Cousins, with other nice role players they could be a real player next year.

Denver I put there because they have a lot of movable assets. Also Malone would be the coach there and could reign Cousins in a bit. They also have a lot of talent and would be able to make noise right away in the West.

The biggest potential destination though would be Boston. They would be giving up a haul for him, without actually sacrificing anything for this season. A lineup of Horford, Cousins, Crowder, Bradley and Thomas would immediately put them up to the #2 spot and could give Cleveland everything they could handle in the East. No team would want to play them.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it won't happen but he needs a coach like pop and a team like the spurs .

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like the Boston trade option. It's really good for both sides . Only problem
Would he be able to play next to Al horford

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of folks in Portland want him. The Blazers also have a ton to offer Sacramento if they really want him. Of course it would come in the form of future prospects and no immediate talent, but SAC might be willing to do that for 1. the Future and 2. to get rid of a headcase.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings seem interested in keeping him and he talks about wanting to stay with the Kings, but I don't know if they can start turning the team into a contender with him on the roster, and that's not because of his attitude. The team isn't good enough to be 1 move from contending and not bad enough to get a top 5 pick, they're stuck in the "average-mediocre" territory. On top of that, they don't have a lot of young talent on the roster that can grow and get better with Boogie(like what the Wolves have) or trade chips to make them significantly better. It goes back to draft picks, if they had drafted Kawhi, Lillard, and McCollum or Giannis in the 3 drafts after picking Cousins who knows how good they'd be. Hindsight is 20/20 obviously, we don't know if those guys would have been as good on the Kings as they are currently but Cousins and IT have shown that talented players can still thrive with this franchise.
If they trade him and Rudy, the Kings will go from veteran team trying to get the 7th or 8th seed to young team not worried about wins. They reset and hope that their lottery picks over the next 2-3 years can push them back to being relevant. As far as what trades make sense, getting high draft picks from Boston is intriguing while other teams might be able to offer better young players. Not sure which way I'd lean towards, I just want the franchise to start heading in the right direction.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of folks in Portland want him. The Blazers also have a ton to offer Sacramento if they really want him. Of course it would come in the form of future prospects and no immediate talent, but SAC might be willing to do that for 1. the Future and 2. to get rid of a headcase.
I think he and Meyers Leonard would love to be teammates. :heh:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Boston trade option. It's really good for both sides . Only problem
Would he be able to play next to Al horford

I think they'd definitely find a way to work. Offensively there wouldn't be any problems. Both are good passers and both are deep threats from the outside. They could run a lot of the sets that the Spurs and Warriors use with the bigs up high. Lots of pinch post action, and you could probably include some triangle aspects with Boogie commanding a double and Horford as an additional spacer.

Defensively would be a bit tougher. Horford is solid and Cousins is pretty good when he's engaged. I think there's potential for them to work together without really duplicating each other.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be pretty entertaining if you put him on the Knicks with Melo.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Boston stays away. He would not fit in well in the town, or with the media. I don't want to part with the Nets pick(s) unless it's to get a top 10 player who isn't a headcase at this point.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not trade the 2017 Nets pick. I would the 2018. The 2017 draft is 7 to 8 deep. What worries me is that Cousins Loves IT and IT loves Cousins. Me thinks Cousins would love the trade. I would do the trade above if it was another #1 but not 2017 pick

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not trade the 2017 Nets pick. I would the 2018. The 2017 draft is 7 to 8 deep. What worries me is that Cousins Loves IT and IT loves Cousins. Me thinks Cousins would love the trade. I would do the trade above if it was another #1 but not 2017 pick
I think the depth of the draft is what sways me from wanting to trade right now too. A lot of people saying Brandon Ingram would have gone 8-9 if he was in next year's draft.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram will be a solid player but he is no Giles or Jackson, or explosive like Malik. This draft is looking like one for the ages.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm loving D'Aaron Fox too.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't imagine there will be a lot of interest in Boogie. The teams that are already contenders or close to it are unlikely to want anything to do with him because they risk him messing up their chemistry.

Young developing teams like the Lakers, Sixers, T-Wolves and Jazz, etc,. etc. are unlikely to want him. Who wants that kind of influence on a young locker room.

That pretty well leaves teams who are lower seed playoff contenders hoping a change of scenery will be good for him and he can get them to a higher seed. I doubt they'd want to give up very much for him though because of the risk of him blowing up their team.

Plus, just having other teams know that you want a guy gone, drives his value down.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't imagine there will be a lot of interest in Boogie. The teams that are already contenders or close to it are unlikely to want anything to do with him because they risk him messing up their chemistry.

Young developing teams like the Lakers, Sixers, T-Wolves and Jazz, etc,. etc. are unlikely to want him. Who wants that kind of influence on a young locker room.

That pretty well leaves teams who are lower seed playoff contenders hoping a change of scenery will be good for him and he can get them to a higher seed. I doubt they'd want to give up very much for him though because of the risk of him blowing up their team.

Plus, just having other teams know that you want a guy gone, drives his value down.
Yep. He's worth about 40 cents on the dollar right now lol. It would've been worse if Sacramento had suspended him like they should have.