• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boogie....plus or minus?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins had his best game as a Warrior tonight. Last game was one of his worst, but obviously a better opponent

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna seem like I'm piling on Green and not trying to, but aren't you kind of describing him in that first sentence? Maybe winning and a chance for success changes him.

It describes more and more of the league unfortunately. Green has been a glue guy, while Boogie has been the opposite. Green's outbursts have hurt his team at times, but the cloud over Boogie seems to be constant.

When Boogie's combination of attitude/talent leads to success at the pro level, it will be the first time.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It describes more and more of the league unfortunately. Green has been a glue guy, while Boogie has been the opposite. Green's outbursts have hurt his team at times, but the cloud over Boogie seems to be constant.

When Boogie's combination of attitude/talent leads to success at the pro level, it will be the first time.
But I wonder if things would have been different if Boogie "grew up" on GS and Green was in Sacremento losing.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I wonder if things would have been different if Boogie "grew up" on GS and Green was in Sacremento losing.

A question that really doesn't mean anything and that we'll never know the answer to. Cousins was already considered surly and a coach's problem while on his elite 8 team at Kansas, not exactly a losing environment. I don't recall issues with Green at Michigan State, but they weren't really on my radar either.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A question that really doesn't mean anything and that we'll never know the answer to. Cousins was already considered surly and a coach's problem while on his elite 8 team at Kansas, not exactly a losing environment. I don't recall issues with Green at Michigan State, but they weren't really on my radar either.
Kentucky not Kansas

And yes Green was a well regarded college player and a leader and great teammate and still is. His attitude is actually much less negative than Boogie's

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky not Kansas

And yes Green was a well regarded college player and a leader and great teammate and still is. His attitude is actually much less negative than Boogie's

This.

People don't like him because he is loud, he complains a lot and he plays for a team that wins everything.

But he does not have a bad attitude. He is a competitor who occasionally loses his way.

Shrinkucci

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I agree that the Warriors can plug any center in and get what Booogie can give them if he gets back to his playing shape. He's got triple the game the current back up center has and offers big time problems when combined with the other Warrior starters.

Shrinkucci

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky not Kansas

I agree...their complaining is qualitatively different

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I agree that the Warriors can plug any center in and get what Booogie can give them if he gets back to his playing shape. He's got triple the game the current back up center has and offers big time problems when combined with the other Warrior starters.

This is true.

The downside risk isn't Boogie's "bad attitude" either.

It is that the alternative options for GS are better defenders.

It is a question of what they need more. Boogie's offense or Looney's D.

My take is that both are pluses if used correctly.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

People don't like him because he is loud, he complains a lot and he plays for a team that wins everything.

But he does not have a bad attitude. He is a competitor who occasionally loses his way.
This is fair, but I think he'd have worn out his welcome had Durant not come aboard and locked up the Finals for them every year.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is fair, but I think he'd have worn out his welcome had Durant not come aboard and locked up the Finals for them every year.
We'll never know

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky not Kansas

Yeah, not sure why I typed Kansas lol.