• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boogie....plus or minus?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, last night's game got me thinking, and it's been on the radio here too.

Does Boogie really help the Warriors overall? The idea is he can score supposedly, and they put him with the second unit with Klay or KD usually so they have 2 scorers out there. But he still looks pretty lost in the post, he was dominated by the Rockets there. And he doesn't hit 3s THAT well. He does take shots away from the 3 scorers.

And on defense he's a disaster, the Rockets put him in pick and rolls all night and he was -17.

In previous years the Warriors bigs were just meant to rim protect, set screens, and make an occasional dunk or layup or pass. Bogut, McGee, Zaza, Looney. All those guys are better defenders than Cousins.

He has had good games, but he's had about as many bad ones. I get that they are still in the regular season doldrums and maybe by the playoffs he will be integrated better. His attitude is still kind of surly too, still barks at the refs, and his own team a lot.

I'm just wondering. Obviously the Ws are probably title favorites still, but it's worth considering.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Does Boogie really help the Warriors overall? The idea is he can score supposedly, and they put him with the second unit with Klay or KD usually so they have 2 scorers out there. But he still looks pretty lost in the post, he was dominated by the Rockets there. And he doesn't hit 3s THAT well. He does take shots away from the 3 scorers.

And on defense he's a disaster, the Rockets put him in pick and rolls all night and he was -17.

In previous years the Warriors bigs were just meant to rim protect, set screens, and make an occasional dunk or layup or pass. Bogut, McGee, Zaza, Looney. All those guys are better defenders than Cousins.

He has had good games, but he's had about as many bad ones. I get that they are still in the regular season doldrums and maybe by the playoffs he will be integrated better. His attitude is still kind of surly too, still barks at the refs, and his own team a lot.

I'm just wondering. Obviously the Ws are probably title favorites still, but it's worth considering.

He is a plus, but needs to be used correctly. Some matchups are better than others. Houston is a tough spot for him.

Really, Draymond is the key. He needs to play better on both ends.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a plus, but needs to be used correctly. Some matchups are better than others. Houston is a tough spot for him.

Really, Draymond is the key. He needs to play better on both ends.
Are any of the tough playoff teams good matchups for him? Sure he would be helpful vs Sacramento, but OKC, Houston, heck even LA or Denver, those guys can all exploit his defense

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's too early to know, imo.

You have to remember, he's been out for what? A year? That alone is enough to explain much of this. He likely doesn't even have his conditioning where it needs to be yet. He also may not fully trust his Achilles yet. That's arguably the scariest injury for any NBA player, especially one Boogie's size.

Add to that the fact that he is playing in a system that is unlike any system he has ever played in and that adds to it. He is used to being the #1 or #1b/2 option on his team. Now, he's on a team with no true #1 option. I mean, technically speaking, Steph is the #1 option. But the real #1 option is whoever has the hot hand. Boogie's never been in a system like that.

As for his defense, he's never exactly been a DPOY level defender as it is. But coming back from that injury, his defense is likely to be the slowest part of his recovery.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too early to know, imo.

You have to remember, he's been out for what? A year? That alone is enough to explain much of this. He likely doesn't even have his conditioning where it needs to be yet. He also may not fully trust his Achilles yet. That's arguably the scariest injury for any NBA player, especially one Boogie's size.

Add to that the fact that he is playing in a system that is unlike any system he has ever played in and that adds to it. He is used to being the #1 or #1b/2 option on his team. Now, he's on a team with no true #1 option. I mean, technically speaking, Steph is the #1 option. But the real #1 option is whoever has the hot hand. Boogie's never been in a system like that.

As for his defense, he's never exactly been a DPOY level defender as it is. But coming back from that injury, his defense is likely to be the slowest part of his recovery.
All true, which is why I wonder...is he overall helpful or not? I'd say now, not. But the idea is by the playoffs maybe he figures it out

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are any of the tough playoff teams good matchups for him? Sure he would be helpful vs Sacramento, but OKC, Houston, heck even LA or Denver, those guys can all exploit his defense

Yes.

OKC he is the best body to matchup with Adams. LA he is fine again. Denver, IDK, but probably doesn't matter.

Shrinkucci

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shrinkucci

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boogie is far from back physically. It's a cliche but it's a process. My beef is not his erratic performance while he's working to get his game back; it is with his constant whining, retaliatory elbowing, and "I'm a victim" looks. He has been in the league a long time. By this time you'd think he'd be beyond all the petty stuff. The Warriors already have a whiner with Dramond--they don't nee another one. When Boogie is fully back I believe he will be a great addition because he has a complete game.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got to wonder. On paper it should be a plus but on the court is it? The Warriors, good as they are, are a team of big personalities. Boogie might be one of the biggest. Have to see how it all works out.

Shrinkucci

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big believer in Steve Kerr's people handling skills. The team was loaded with big personalities before Durant joined and look how well that worked. But, you're right--one never knows.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It'll be interesting if Kerr can get Cousins to calm down and find a way to not mess up what makes the Warriors work best

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is with his constant whining, retaliatory elbowing, and "I'm a victim" looks. He has been in the league a long time. By this time you'd think he'd be beyond all the petty stuff. The Warriors already have a whiner with Dramond--they don't nee another one. When Boogie is fully back I believe he will be a great addition because he has a complete game.

Have you never seen Boogie play?!? He is one of the elite at whining and flopping that the game has ever seen.

I'm just waiting for playoff time when emotions run high and Boogie costs the Warriors a game with his shit attitude.

Him not finding a contract last year has as much to do with his atttitude as it did with his Achilles. No way if I am a GM of a team, I make this nutcase one of the faces of my franchise for the next 4 years.

I'm going to LMAO at the team that makes the mistake of giving him a mega deal for 4 years.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boogie is far from back physically. It's a cliche but it's a process. My beef is not his erratic performance while he's working to get his game back; it is with his constant whining, retaliatory elbowing, and "I'm a victim" looks. He has been in the league a long time. By this time you'd think he'd be beyond all the petty stuff. The Warriors already have a whiner with Draymond--they don't nee another one. When Boogie is fully back I believe he will be a great addition because he has a complete game.

That complete game will always come with his "constant whining, retaliatory elbowing, and "I'm a victim" looks". That's just who he is, and a big reason why some question his impact towards a winning team. Does his talent help enough to counter his cancerous attitude? Certainly not when slowed by injury IMO.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All true, which is why I wonder...is he overall helpful or not? I'd say now, not. But the idea is by the playoffs maybe he figures it out

At some points in certain games I just find myself thinking he is taking away shots from KD, Steph and Klay. Of course he helps them rebounding, inside scoring but it's the times where he forces shots, bad fouls, etc. They were already the best offensive team ever and defensively not too shabby, with the right fit he is a plus defensive and even offensively a bit especially around playoff time. Lets just see if there is a situation in a close game where he messes up, takes a bad foul, takes a bad shot, etc. I think they can pretty much win with basically any guy plugged into that center position but having Cousins makes you literally have to guard all 5 positions and gives you a great rebounder and post defender. He could hurt defensively on the pick-and-roll but only time will tell.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you never seen Boogie play?!? He is one of the elite at whining and flopping that the game has ever seen.

I'm just waiting for playoff time when emotions run high and Boogie costs the Warriors a game with his shit attitude.

Him not finding a contract last year has as much to do with his atttitude as it did with his Achilles. No way if I am a GM of a team, I make this nutcase one of the faces of my franchise for the next 4 years.

I'm going to LMAO at the team that makes the mistake of giving him a mega deal for 4 years.

You are correct.

But Boogie knows this too.

And honestly, I have not seen any indicators of Boogie being a locker room cancer this season. He is emotional to be sure, but aside from perhaps Klay and to a lesser degree Steph, all the Warrior stars probably complain to the ref too much.

And if he proves he can be a somewhat neutral locker room guy and that he is anywhere near healthy, he will get paid. And it might even turn out OK.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That complete game will always come with his "constant whining, retaliatory elbowing, and "I'm a victim" looks". That's just who he is, and a big reason why some question his impact towards a winning team. Does his talent help enough to counter his cancerous attitude? Certainly not when slowed by injury IMO.
Gonna seem like I'm piling on Green and not trying to, but aren't you kind of describing him in that first sentence? Maybe winning and a chance for success changes him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some points in certain games I just find myself thinking he is taking away shots from KD, Steph and Klay. Of course he helps them rebounding, inside scoring but it's the times where he forces shots, bad fouls, etc. They were already the best offensive team ever and defensively not too shabby, with the right fit he is a plus defensive and even offensively a bit especially around playoff time. Lets just see if there is a situation in a close game where he messes up, takes a bad foul, takes a bad shot, etc. I think they can pretty much win with basically any guy plugged into that center position but having Cousins makes you literally have to guard all 5 positions and gives you a great rebounder and post defender. He could hurt defensively on the pick-and-roll but only time will tell.
Kind of how I see. Really cannot lose...if he's hurting them, take him out or even exile him if need be. Have to be some situations where he could be a matchup nightmare for the opponent, though.