• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

bob stoops: SEC is not overwhelming

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you read the last sentence or two of my statement, you will see that I actually changed that to the fact the powers that be have figured out how to work the system. That and the constant hyping of the SEC persuades voters not to drop them very far after a loss.
You could do the same with the Pac 12 or Big 10, start the season with half of the conference in the top 20, and since they have divisions and don't play everyone in their conference, one of the teams would all but be guaranteed a top two spot in the final polls.[/QUOTE

You mean like that 1/2 hour cry fest ESPIN gave Saban in 2011 on prime time, yet didn't afford the same opportunity to any other coach

GTFO

I remember mack brown getting a cryfest one year

And a trojan complaining about ESPn hyping a team??????? :L

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you have to do is go to ESPIN right now, on any given channel you will see them slurping the SEC DICK

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great win by Oklahoma; no doubt about that. Who would think the SEC just lost 2 games to this point and the teams that lost are Alabama(shocker) and Georgia(no QB and a whole bunch of others). What that means is the lower teams of the SEC are doing OK, so the conference is rather strong. IMO, the number of players that were drafted tells the story about the depth.

I see a lot of Oklahoma fans are now chirping; something we didn't see 3 days ago. Seems to me that A&M and Tenn. did OK against Oklahoma, so take a great win and accept it for what it is.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great win by Oklahoma; no doubt about that. Who would think the SEC just lost 2 games to this point and the teams that lost are Alabama(shocker) and Georgia(no QB and a whole bunch of others). What that means is the lower teams of the SEC are doing OK, so the conference is rather strong. IMO, the number of players that were drafted tells the story about the depth.

I see a lot of Oklahoma fans are now chirping; something we didn't see 3 days ago. Seems to me that A&M and Tenn. did OK against Oklahoma, so take a great win and accept it for what it is.

Oklahoma fans have been pretty respectful. Don't know what chirping you're talking about.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1--Rank half the conference in the top 20 to start the season
2--Play pretty much nobody in OOC games
2A-Schedule a cupcake or two OOC games near the end of the season (obviously to protect rankings)
3--Conference play appears to be ranked teams playing each other almost every week.

Unless the wheels fall completely off, an SEC team is almost assured a top two finish

If the SEC was as hard as most want us to believe, nobody would get out without at least two losses. But since most of the SEC teams that have made the NCG have somehow avoided some of the toughest teams in the conference during the run seems suspect.

Yes, I know they have won the last 7, but at least four of those games could have gone either way with just a couple more plays made. The SEC has just been fortunate to come out on top in some of those.
I guess I'm saying the BCS wasn't tweaked so much to help the SEC, it's just that the powers that be have figured out how to work the system.

You do realize there are three parts to the BCS? Polls (coaches and Harris) and average of 6 computers?
Do all the coaches call each other and discuss who to vote for? Do the computers with all that data know what to program in to make sure SEC comes out ahead? And from the last 7 years name the 4 games that could have gone either way. I have the SEC winning those last 7:

41-14
38-24
24-14
37-21
22-19 yes here is one! Where are other three?
21-0
41-14

Concerning your 2A. 95 percent of the teams out there are playing weak OOC games. Do we have to have this discussion every year? I got an idea, other conferences just win the games when they get the chance. NC game is always going to carry more weight! SEC 6-2 with close losses and very winnable game by Georgia and Alabama, if as you put it, a play or two would have gone the other way. And of course another SEC team in the NC game. Just another example!

You have no proof! You have nothing but desperation! :suds:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're going to sit there and tell me that ESPIN doesn't have ANY influence on the voters? If so, you are a blind homer:lol:

You're right. The voters are coaches and they need ESPN help to explain football! :L And those damn computers stay up all night watching ESPN! :laugh3:

TROJAN-MAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. The voters are coaches and they need ESPN help to explain football! :L And those damn computers stay up all night watching ESPN! :laugh3:

Every CFB fan outside of the SEC sees it, yet homer SEC fans don't, go figure:yahoo:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma fans have been pretty respectful. Don't know what chirping you're talking about.

I agree and they have reason to feel good going into next year! Damn are we all suppose to be robots with no emotions about a big win when it looks like you might have a championship type QB after being injured most the year? I never understand the atmosphere in here when you are almost considered to be troll like if you like your team to much or get excited about them or talk highly of them. We sure as hell aren't here because of all the other teams. We are here because of one thing, love for college football in relation to our teams! :yahoo:

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, if Bama had won that's all we would hear about for some time, how great the SEC is, not just Bama. I know I'm right, don't deny it. Funny how you guys want the SEC piled into one game when you win, but when you lose the team is on their own.

"chirping"

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every CFB fan outside of the SEC sees it, yet homer SEC fans don't, go figure:yahoo:

That's your answer? You have to do better than that weak ass response. Please! It's coaches and computers!
I didn't realize all those coaches loved the SEC so much. You would almost think they would be motivated to vote against them. Wouldn't that make more sense? Computers are computers so where in the hell is your preponderance of evidence?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally posted by TROJAN-MAN:

You mean like that 1/2 hour cry fest ESPIN gave Saban in 2011 on prime time, yet didn't afford the same opportunity to any other coach

Again, do you really think other coaches would be influenced by a Saban rant? Yea, all the coaches I know love him and are not strong personalities. Their opinion can be swayed by a light breeze! :L And the other part is computers. Did they change their minds after listening to Saban? You really need to step back and see what you're saying. It's almost rhetoric you've been trained to say over the past decade because that's all you've heard but makes absolutely no sense what so ever!!!

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol runeman...you're such a sec homer. Oklahoma fans should be chirping. OU took it to the flagship of the SEC and Auburn 's about to take a serious ass whoopin. TAM barely got by Duke. Duke for Christ Sake! Johnny pinball is a special college player...but beyond that...McCarron is the next best. 'OSU was a disappointment and only allows an illusion that Mizz is a good team.

All those lesser bowls the SEC team was so heavily favored they had to win for fear looking as suspect as Bama did the other night.

I will admit...the SEC has a lot of good teams....many should ranked be in the T25....but none belong in the T10. The cycle is swinging back to other conferences.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jonvi;4298566[B said:
]7 in a row is a hell of an accomplishment. The SEC has put a ton of players in the NFL. [/B]They were due a down year.

But when Mizz goes from losing to SU on the last game of the season last year to damn near winning the conference the next year.....the SEC is not the SEC that sent two teams to the NC.

Not bashin..just sayin.

Could have stopped at the end of the bold. Not so sure about the "down" part. 6-2 in bowl games is OK. I suspect that the SEC defense had taken a hit from the NFL draft, however the offense has improved some. I think what we are seeing is more depth from the teams that normally don't do so well....Excepth Florida, of course.:gaah:

TROJAN-MAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Computers are run by people, or didn't you know that:laugh3: shit in, shit out