• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

bob stoops: SEC is not overwhelming

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just fucking stupid and revisionist history. Teams were just injured in the SEC and the defenses weren't that good this year. This doesn't take away all of the accomplishments the SEC has had from previous years.

7 in a row is a hell of an accomplishment. The SEC has put a ton of players in the NFL. They were due a down year.

But when Mizz goes from losing to SU on the last game of the season last year to damn near winning the conference the next year.....the SEC is not the SEC that sent two teams to the NC.

Not bashin..just sayin.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoops has gotta fight for his program and to build it up. SEC is ESPN's conference, did you see any Big 12 commercials last night? No...SEC conference commercials...yes. Mostly all the bowl games are on ESPN now. They sure didn't discuss Oklahoma during the game last night, a majority of the comments from the commentators were on Bama. SEC is ESPN and ESPN pushes it's product, which is something Stoops points out.

ToolmyDread

We Are The Boys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stoops is just campaigning for his teams national championship run next year. He knows the Sec is still the best, there are so many facts to back up the argument its ridiculous. Congrats to Oklahoma, I will stop calling you Chokelahoma now. Yall looked great last night and im so glad yall beat the hell out of the gumps, all of their fans have mysteriously disappeared around here. Oh well, its not like thats a bad thing

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anybody notice the setup of every bowl game the SEC is in?
#22 Georgia vs (NR) Nebraska
#21 Texas A&M vs #24 Duke
#16 LSU vs (NR) Iowa
#9 South Carolina vs #19 Wisconsin
#8 Missouri vs. #13 Oklahoma State
#3 Alabama vs. #11 Oklahoma
(NR) Mississippi St. vs. (NR) Rice
(NR) Ole Miss vs. (NR) Georgia Tech
#2 Auburn vs. #1 Florida State

seems to me they are set up to look good in every game outside of title game...a lot of uneven matchups rankings wise...

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#16 LSU vs (NR) Iowa

seems to me they are set up to look good in every game outside of title game...a lot of uneven matchups rankings wise...

:clap:

Plus most of those games are played in the deep South too.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap:

Plus most of those games are played in the deep South too.

Thats what tough when you have to play Lsu in New Orleans or Florida in Florida for a bowl game like Stoops had to. Would of been to play those in say...... tulsa.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#16 LSU vs (NR) Iowa

Yeah because we all know that these bowls dont have conference affiliations they have to meet per contract unless some outside kicker is in place, that being a title picture that upsets the balance of the conference. Bowls have an order they have to choose in and a conference they pull from for the most part and they take the highest possible unless otherwise specified by a special deal.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stoops is just campaigning for his teams national championship run next year. He knows the Sec is still the best, there are so many facts to back up the argument its ridiculous. Congrats to Oklahoma, I will stop calling you Chokelahoma now. Yall looked great last night and im so glad yall beat the hell out of the gumps, all of their fans have mysteriously disappeared around here. Oh well, its not like thats a bad thing

well, speaking for myself, I'm gonna sleep a whole let better knowing that....

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just fucking stupid and revisionist history. Teams were just injured in the SEC and the defenses weren't that good this year. This doesn't take away all of the accomplishments the SEC has had from previous years.

:pound: Didn't take you long to learn the Team-SEC speak.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference power comes in cycles.

During the BCS era, the SEC has had the most success, outside of a couple runs from individual teams like Miami and USC.

The SEC has had a great run, but I think time is running out. I feel like the B1G has a chance to return to the top conference.

ToolmyDread

We Are The Boys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference power comes in cycles.

During the BCS era, the SEC has had the most success, outside of a couple runs from individual teams like Miami and USC.

The SEC has had a great run, but I think time is running out. I feel like the B1G has a chance to return to the top conference.[/QUOTE]

The BIG? Are you kidding me? That conference has been down for a long time and Michigan State is the only all around great team this year. You have to do better than this man, Their bowls speak for themselves this year. Plus there isnt that much talent in the midwest.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, speaking for myself, I'm gonna sleep a whole let better knowing that....

No kidding. I'm so excited we earned a Florida fan's approval. :rollseyes:

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And when not injured, not up for the game because it was beneath them, or when the sun was in their eyes, they have won every single game. Mizzu talking like a Charter Member...did you watch last nights game

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on a side not for bama fans...just out of curiosity...whats the status of those allegations that DJ fluker received money while at Alabama? pretty sure there was proof. that combined with that other loan to a current player this year...thought it was Clinton-dix but not sure...anyway haven't heard much is it over or just it may show up later in a year or 2?

tembrach

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were Stoops, I would be a bit more subdued. After yesterday, he is 5-7-1 in bowls games against SEC opponents. Would it be too much to ask that he refrain from commitments until he manage to actually has more wins than losses?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on a side not for bama fans...just out of curiosity...whats the status of those allegations that DJ fluker received money while at Alabama? pretty sure there was proof. that combined with that other loan to a current player this year...thought it was Clinton-dix but not sure...anyway haven't heard much is it over or just it may show up later in a year or 2?

From what i hear through the grapevine, Fluker was cooperating and could show he did not take money while a player. Not sure if its true scoop or not, but its what i heard from a friend that is on staff in the AD at the school. I doubt you hear much for a while as the NCAA is looking into the other schools involved also and it appears that some of what was time-lined and reported was not true at all or the dates were incorrect.

The Clinton-dix thing was a suspend-able offense and the coach was terminated, which was what the NCAA has set as guidelines. With the new tiered offense setup, this is all going to start being less about the team and more about the involved parties as the NCAA has seen that its doing harm to teams that are sometimes a couple of years after the player involved has moved on.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#16 LSU vs (NR) Iowa

But you keep telling us how over-rated SEC teams are all year...which is it? Are these pretty even matchups, or do the SEC teams actually deserve those rankings?