• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bills game notes

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Joe Buscaglia: Asked if Bradham might be in line for a start over Moats, Gailey said he just might be, but he'll wait until the end of the week to decide

Joe Buscaglia: Bills injury updates: DE Mark Anderson is a knee injury, he's having an MRI today so they don't know just yet.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Joe Buscaglia: Asked if Bradham might be in line for a start over Moats, Gailey said he just might be, but he'll wait until the end of the week to decide

Joe Buscaglia: Bills injury updates: DE Mark Anderson is a knee injury, he's having an MRI today so they don't know just yet.

Is that more a human analog of a train wreck, or a tire fire?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Harbaugh: “Patrick Willis had an outstanding game again.”

Harbaugh's quote:

Aldon Smith is playing really well. The times that he did drop in coverage, he’s doing really good. And it wasn’t many because we really only had 40 significant snaps on defense, not counting the ones at the end when the starters weren’t in there. Only five of those were base, where Aldon was in drop situations. But, the other thing about Aldon is that the strength he has in his hands. When he’s making those tackles at the ankles and the thighs with his long arms he is able to cover a lot of ground. But the torque that he’s able to generate and the strength that he has in his hands, those are significant hits. And he’s able to get guys on the ground with that torque and those strong hands.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Press Pass: Jim Harbaugh

Coach's Notebook: Oct. 8

How’s DT Will Tukuafu been progressing as a two-way player? How’s he grown as a fullback?
“He’s carved out a real niche for himself on this ball club. A physical presence, both offensively and defensively and special teams. He is a guy that we know we can count on. He’s a count on me guy. To be filling as many roles as he is, it’s really impressive. I think first and foremost, the physical presence that he brings. He’s big and strong and athletic. Big man that’s very physical. He’s a big man who’s fast. It’s been positive for us.”

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers.com | 49ers Count on Will Tukuafu

In the same way Tukuafu has been there to support the team’s 4-1 start, teammates, coaches and staff members have come to the defensive lineman’s aid in recent weeks.

Krystal Tukuafu, Will’s wife, recently learned of a tragic circumstance involving her cousin’s newborn son, Tony.

Born in Arizona, young Tony required open-heart surgery when his parents discovered the newborn having a hard time breathing after his birth.

Tony’s resting comfortably now that the surgery went well, but there are still medical bills to be handled. That’s where Tukuafu has stepped up, not just by himself, but with the support of many 49ers.

Tukuafu estimates more than a third of the team has donated money to help Tony’s family pay for the surgery.

Nose tackle and close friend Isaac Sopoaga was first to approach Tukuafu about the situation and was soon followed by a host of 49ers players.

The monetary gestures meant the world to Tukuafu.

“Guys care about each other,” the defensive lineman said. “It’s not just about what we’re doing in football; there are a lot of things happening outside of football that these guys care about. I wanted to recognize that.”

Donations can still be made to support the medical costs associated with Tony’s surgery.

In the meantime, the big-hearted Tukuafus have put together gift baskets for Will to share with his teammates as a way of showing the family’s gratitude.

“It goes to show guys in the locker room really care for each other,” Tukuafu stressed. “It’s an opportunity to do some service. I think the guys know how much I appreciate them; the guys in this locker room are all great guys.

“It’s not easy, you can only imagine how many people go up to the guys looking for something, but all these guys supported the cause and it means a lot. I appreciate them all, the whole organization, it says a lot about the locker room we have here.”

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I always like to highlight some things that stand out to me in case some don't click the link to read through it all but prefer to look at small sections:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/09/refo-bills-49ers-week-5/

Only the prize of the 2012 free-agent class, Mario Williams (0.2), didn’t completely underwhelm. He managed slightly better in the run game, mostly against Anthony Davis (+0.3), and was responsible for half of Buffalo’s eight quarterback disruptions. Not a bad performance, but when you give a guy $50 million guaranteed, you tend to expect more than just ‘not bad.’

--------

Instead of throwing to the back pylon where Jones would have a reasonable chance to score, Fitzpatrick lobbed the ball off his back foot and it was so far underthrown even Culliver had to completely stop and come back to make the interception. The Bills will struggle if Fitzpatrick continues to turn scoring opportunities into interceptions.

I only saw this play once or twice and never went back to look at it again since Sunday, but both times I watched it, it appeared to me that the reason it was underthrown was that the tackle and I believe a 49ers DL (McDonald maybe?) had collapsed into the pocket and Fitzpatrick couldn't step into the throw because he had the tackle right in front of him.

---------------

The 49ers effortlessly relocated Buffalo’s normally stout defensive line out of running lanes, and allowed runners to pick up a combined 311 yards rushing, though they only forced three missed tackles. Against Williams and company, the 49ers’ offensive line kept a clean pocket, and allowed only four total pressures (no sacks) on 32 pass blocking snaps.

---------------

He punished Buffalo’s loose downfield coverage, and completed 9 of 10 balls thrown over 10 yards in the air for 234 yards and all three of his touchdowns. His QB rating of 156.3 speaks for itself.

----------------

Willis allowed four of five balls thrown into his coverage to be completed, but only for 21 yards. Those receivers who managed a catch in his coverage averaged only one yard after the catch. Bowman didn’t allow any completions and managed to break up a pass. Brooks recorded four disruptions and the 49ers’ only sack on Fitzpatrick. If there’s one knock on this unit, it’s that Aldon Smith was held to two pressures (both hits), falling a bit short of what we’re used to seeing from him.

------------------

– All 11 of the 49ers’ defensive starters (in the nickel package) played at least 40 of a possible 47 snaps. Of San Francisco’s four missed tackles, only one came from this group.