• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bills game notes

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maiocco's Instant Replay: 49ers 45, Bills 3

Culliver entered the game in pass coverage for 121 snaps through four games, according to Pro Football Focus, and allowed only four catches for 30 yards. Culliver has a 42.4 passer rating against him when targeted. That rating dropped some more when Culliver hauled in an interception of a Ryan Fitzpatrick pass in the third quarter. It was Culliver's second career interception.

-------

AKERS TIES RECORD: Akers has kicked at least one field goal in every regular-season game in which he has played with the 49ers. The 21-game streak ties a 49ers record set by Bruce Gossett from 1970 to '72. . . The 49ers had a nice two games against the AFC East. A week ago, the 49ers beat the New York Jets 34-0.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
San Francisco 49ers crush Buffalo Bills 45-3 - San Jose Mercury News

From there, Harbaugh summoned offensive coordinator Greg Roman to the podium to take a bow.

Shortly after Roman preached his goal to keep the 49ers offense diverse and unpredictable, right guard Alex Boone put into perspective Roman's play-calling role:

"He's an evil genius, and I love the things he calls up."

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Roman gets high marks for 49ers' record-setting offensive display

Smith said he felt connected with every play call that came through.

"When the play call comes in, I know exactly what he's thinking, what we're trying to do, and what we're trying to accomplish," Smith said. "I think the whole offense is constantly putting us in good situations, him especially. Really, thinking through things all week and putting us in good situations. I don't think there's any play that comes that we don't feel has the potential to be a great play."

In a rare moment, the 49ers produced an assistant coach to take the podium after the game. Roman stood in front of reporters with his right eye colored a dark red. He said it's a result of sleepless nights and thinking too much.

"I believe it," right guard Alex Boone said. "He's an evil genius, and I love it."

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers notes: Defense clamps down on Bills

Alex Smith's 43-yard touchdown reception to Kyle Williams on a back-shoulder throw in the second quarter was not how the play was designed.

"That was the quarterback," coach Jim Harbaugh said. "We practice back-shoulder throws and things like that, but we'd never done it on that play, that particular play. That was great improvisation by both Alex and Kyle."

Said Williams, "That was just a great throw by him. Honestly, I've got to give him all the credit because he saw where the DB was positioned, he saw he was up high on me, so he put it in a place where only I could get it. It was a great play by him. He played great today. He played awesome."

-------------------

BY THE NUMBERS : Jim Harbaugh has 18 victories in 23 games (including playoffs) as head coach. That's the same number of victories that Mike Nolan and Mike Singletary achieved in 55 and 40 games, respectively. . . The 49ers' 311 yards rushing was the most for the team since Dec. 14, 1998, vs. the Detroit Lions, when the 49ers rushed for 328 yards. . . It's the fourth-most rushing yards in franchise history . . . The 49ers improved to 24-7 when Gore rushes for at least 100 yards. . . Backup running back Kendall Hunter added a career-high 81 yards on 11 rushes. . . Undrafted rookie tight end Garrett Celek, the only 49ers' rookie in uniform, recorded his first career reception, a 4-yard pass from Smith . . . Kicker David Akers has kicked at least one field goal in 21 consecutive games to tie Bruce Gossett's team record. Gossett achieved the mark from Nov. 19, 1970, to Oct. 1, 1972. . . Linebacker Patrick Willis recorded his first forced fumble of the season and the 13th of his career.

Last edited by a moderator:

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
38 rushes for 311 yards......one of the most amazing stats I've ever seen from a game - 8.2 ypc on 38 carries. Couldn't find the list of best rushing games all time for a team, other than the record of 434 set in 1934, but that was probably on like 100 carries.

But then I go look at the individual high-game records to find the biggest games, and it pales......and the Vikings did a 43/378 a few years ago, and Ravens had a 41/343. Then the amazing, highest one I found....Bengals with a 37/407, a ridiculous 11 yards/carry.

Denver Broncos at Cincinnati Bengals - October 22nd, 2000 - Pro-Football-Reference.com

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers Blog and Q&A: 49ers notes: WildKap strikes again, Smith's sore finger

There was a reason why receiver Kyle Williams dropped to his knees and - two pink gloves pressed together in prayer - looked toward the heavens following a 43-yard touchdown catch in the second quarter.

"It was for my grandmother," Williams said of the celebration. "My grandmother actually passed away from breast cancer, so I'm always looking forward to the whole month -- being able to wear pink and support it. And I got a touchdown today, so I was just saying hello."

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
San Francisco 49ers – Niner Insider Blog – SFGate.com ‘Evil genius’ helps 49ers dial up historic performance

“They say it all starts with the guys up front, but it all starts with the play-calling,” Staley said. “The coordinator sets up everything. “I’ve been here for a lot of predictable offenses and no matter how you’re executing those plays look like s—-. When you’re executing well with plays that are very creative it creates doubt in defenses’ mind you’ll have days like today.”