• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

biggest need

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
this game solidified for me that our biggest focus in next year's draft should be at Safety. Our corners don't get too much help over the top and i think our D would take it to a whole other level with a top of the line center fielder.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
CB is a bigger need than safety. QB is still the biggest need on the team.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
who dont you like, goldson or whitner?

i think both could be good 2nd safeties...probably go with goldson b/c he's a little more versatile and i still think there is room for improvement with him. whitner is your classic strong safety and i think he's really good at it, but in today's NFL you need more than that... the guy just can't cover well.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

i think the trio of culliver, rogers, and brown are better and have more upside than our safeties.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i think the trio of culliver, rogers, and brown are better and have more upside than our safeties.

I strongly disagree with you about Brown. I don't think he's that good at all, and I wonder what Culliver would look like in a full season. He struggled today.

CB is also a MUCH more important position than safety.

I'm also a much bigger fan of Goldson than most on the board.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

we may need an upgrade at QB but with smith playing well right now while kap is groomed over the next couple years...we may already have our qb of the future on the roster. i do think it's prudent to keep bringing in more qb talent (you can never have too much) but we aren't at a point where we need to reach for someone with our first round pick...it's just not the major focus for me anymore. we certainly could use an influx of talent in the WR, OG, C, OLB, NT, CB departments, but nothing stands out to me more than our safety position. late in the first, we could have the opportunity to get a solid safety prospect like Mark Barron from Bama.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
we may need an upgrade at QB but with smith playing well right now while kap is groomed over the next couple years...we may already have our qb of the future on the roster. i do think it's prudent to keep bringing in more qb talent (you can never have too much) but we aren't at a point where we need to reach for someone with our first round pick...it's just not the major focus for me anymore. we certainly could use an influx of talent in the WR, OG, C, OLB, NT, CB departments, but nothing stands out to me more than our safety position. late in the first, we could have the opportunity to get a solid safety prospect like Mark Barron from Bama.

I just can't agree. Getting an elite QB has to be priority one. CB is need #2. I would put WR above safety as well.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what you "need" is to avoid the cowboys 8-1 :) thx for beating everyone in our division...maybe soon we can get the 49ers and boys back on top in the nfc like it should be

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what you "need" is to avoid the cowboys 8-1 :) thx for beating everyone in our division...maybe soon we can get the 49ers and boys back on top in the nfc like it should be

I think you're in the wrong thread.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well be drafting in the late 20's most likely and I just don't see a QB in the draft for us. With the way Alex is playing I cannot imagine us bringing in a different QB via free agency.

So I think it's a 90%+ chance the QB situation next year will be Alex, Kap, Tolzien + maybe a later round rookie for training camp competition. Tolzien even looked good enough as a Charger in preseason that I'd be happy with him as our #3.

Safety wise, I am also for re-signing Goldson, and Reggie Smith if we can get both. Whitner is not going anywhere.

In the late 1st, maybe a 3-4 DE is the pick to groom behind Justin Smith, or a CB to replace Brock. I'd love to get a young stud CB across from Rogers and keep Culliver as the nickel back.