• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

biggest need

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well be drafting in the late 20's most likely and I just don't see a QB in the draft for us. With the way Alex is playing I cannot imagine us bringing in a different QB via free agency.

So I think it's a 90%+ chance the QB situation next year will be Alex, Kap, Tolzien + maybe a later round rookie for training camp competition. Tolzien even looked good enough as a Charger in preseason that I'd be happy with him as our #3.

Safety wise, I am also for re-signing Goldson, and Reggie Smith if we can get both. Whitner is not going anywhere.

In the late 1st, maybe a 3-4 DE is the pick to groom behind Justin Smith, or a CB to replace Brock. I'd love to get a young stud CB across from Rogers and keep Culliver as the nickel back.

yeah, although i agree we need a franchise QB, it'll be easier said than done. so i'll continue to suport QB as biggest need, but know the odds aren't high.

not yet convinced Alex will do MUCH better than he is now? he'll improve a little on stats because everyone else is playing better. he'll play a little more consistently for the same reason, but in order to compete season over season, you need an even better QB.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, although i agree we need a franchise QB, it'll be easier said than done. so i'll continue to suport QB as biggest need, but know the odds aren't high.

not yet convinced Alex will do MUCH better than he is now? he'll improve a little on stats because everyone else is playing better. he'll play a little more consistently for the same reason, but in order to compete season over season, you need an even better QB.

You're right. If Alex keeps up his play it would be hard to imagine that he would shy away from what is working. We may actually get some more decent guys for him to throw the ball to (which will only help him) and the worst case scenario is that we eventually realize we need a better QB and should have a solid Offense to throw whoever that is into it.