• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Biggest Game this Weekend (NCAA)?

What's the biggest game this weekend?

• Nebraska at #19 Michigan

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • #22 Texas A&M at #1 Alabama

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • #3 Clemson at Georgia Tech

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #17 TCU at Texas

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Florida at Tennessee

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • #7 Stanford at #20 Oregon

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • #18 Wisconsin at Iowa

Votes: 16 26.2%

• Total voters

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw...

There are four other potential classics this weekend.

Oregon State @ Ariz

Kansas @ Baylor

UNCC @ UMASS

And the Big One.

N Mex St @ UTEP

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once you approach a century of being highly irrelevant, you can no longer claim being anything other than a bottom feeder.
Sometimes premier programs die off into bottom feeders. I doubt Michigan goes in that direction, unsure about Nebraska. The football program is trash right now and doesn’t have the academics to draw in certain recruits like Michigan can.

Reactions: Eco

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is TCU-Texas for all sorts of reasons.

TCU is going to be fighting to hang onto the #2 team in the Big12.
Texas and Tom Herman have a chance to begin to break out of
the doldrums.

There is a great deal at stake, long term, for both of these teams.

Easily the pick.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once you approach a century of being highly irrelevant, you can no longer claim being anything other than a bottom feeder.

Although Minnesota is no blue chip program, they have had periods of success. For instance, in 2004 they beat Alabama in the Music City Bowl (woohoo). They have been to 13 bowl games since 2000. Not upper tier but still relevant.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although Minnesota is no blue chip program, they have had periods of success. For instance, in 2004 they beat Alabama in the Music City Bowl (woohoo). They have been to 13 bowl games since 2000. Not upper tier but still relevant.

During the years when we were utter garbage (like when I was in school there).

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes premier programs die off into bottom feeders. I doubt Michigan goes in that direction, unsure about Nebraska. The football program is trash right now and doesn’t have the academics to draw in certain recruits like Michigan can.

If academics was that strong an indicator, Northwestern would dominate the conference.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order I'd say

1. Wisconsin-Iowa
2. Stanford-Oregon
3. TCU-Texas

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the years when we were utter garbage (like when I was in school there).

This is what separates upper tier schools from middle tier schools. Your expectations are so high that unless you are playing for the National Championship, it is a garbage team. Minnesota is proud of being invited to a bowl game. They have had pretty good success from their viewpoint.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what separates upper tier schools from middle tier schools. Your expectations are so high that unless you are playing for the National Championship, it is a garbage team. Minnesota is proud of being invited to a bowl game. They have had pretty good success from their viewpoint.

Fair - I used to think my father was a liar when he was talking how good we used to be. I don't remember '92, but I remember '94 onwards, and we were mostly irrelevant outside of '99 when we lost to MEEchigan and this scrub QB in the Orange Bowl. That was as good was it was before H.H. Saban arrived.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the 4th best team in the East vs the 6th best team in the West be the game of the week?
OSU is certainly the best team in the East right now, but god damn Michigan is better than MSU; who so far this year has almost lost to Utah St. and then lost to ASU. If you choose to put PSU ahead of us, fine but that team almost lost to App St at home week one.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they are two premier programs, one with a new hire that can't find his first win, the other on a giant hot seat, with the winning causing havoc on the other one's campus.
lol on a giant hot seat? Harbaugh could go 8-5 again and not get fired. That might put him on a hot seat. But he's currently not on one.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with Nebraska at Michigan.

With Nebraska loses, a lot of people will be questioning Frost's leadership after an 0-3 start.

if Michigan loses, Harbaugh may not last the season.

Only idiots will be questioning Frost's leadership.

The only thing that has happened to the fan base is that the euphoria and wet dream of the Frost hiring has worn off and reality has set in that this will not turn around overnight. Losing on the road to Michigan with a true freshman quarterback making only his second start in 2 years should not surprise anyone. Not many people had this game down as a W to begin with.

This team will click eventually, and when it does, it's only an upward trajectory from there.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
f Michigan loses, Harbaugh may not last the season.

You kidding me, Clark?

Those tards up north would happily drink Harbaugh's piss if he offered it. With or without ice. They're accustomed to mediocrity now.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fans will not allow Nebraska to become a bottom feeder. Trust me. I mean shit, we fire 9 win coaches. That may be good enough at Iowa, but it's not at Nebraska. Money talks, and when fans start leaving the stadium early because of a piss poor team, changes are made. And they will keep making changes until they get it right.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You kidding me, Clark?

Those tards up north would happily drink Harbaugh's piss if he offered it. With or without ice. They're accustomed to mediocrity now.
Look, man....Harbaugh is a good coach. A proven coach. No, he hasn't had the results at Michigan he's had elsewhere so far. Yes, I'd like some things to have gone differently in previous seasons. But damn if I want to turn into a school that just rotates through coaches every 4 years. I want to give Harbaugh 6-8 years, see what it turns out to be. If it doesn't work by then, OK. But if we fire Harbaugh now, I don't see anyone out there who's going to come in and do better.

I'm not happy about 8 win seasons but I have to overlook them in a larger picture here.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fans will not allow Nebraska to become a bottom feeder. Trust me. I mean shit, we fire 9 win coaches. That may be good enough at Iowa, but it's not at Nebraska. Money talks, and when fans start leaving the stadium early because of a piss poor team, changes are made. And they will keep making changes until they get it right.
Firing 9 Win coaches is how you get Riley as a head coach.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, man....Harbaugh is a good coach. A proven coach. No, he hasn't had the results at Michigan he's had elsewhere so far. Yes, I'd like some things to have gone differently in previous seasons. But damn if I want to turn into a school that just rotates through coaches every 4 years. I want to give Harbaugh 6-8 years, see what it turns out to be. If it doesn't work by then, OK. But if we fire Harbaugh now, I don't see anyone out there who's going to come in and do better.

I'm not happy about 8 win seasons but I have to overlook them in a larger picture here.

So, given the choice, would you have it with or without ice?