• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Biggest Game this Weekend (NCAA)?

What's the biggest game this weekend?

• Nebraska at #19 Michigan

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • #22 Texas A&M at #1 Alabama

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • #3 Clemson at Georgia Tech

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #17 TCU at Texas

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Florida at Tennessee

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • #7 Stanford at #20 Oregon

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • #18 Wisconsin at Iowa

Votes: 16 26.2%

• Total voters

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are literally 30-35 college football programs who have been more relevant than Nebraska during the last 15 years or so. Kids dont Carr if you were good 20+ years ago and if you dont ein uou better have done other mind of appeal like chicks, getting players to the NFL in big numbers, weather, a cool system, awesome unis etc. Nebraska has none of that. In 10 years they'll be Pitt

someone take rmilia away form the open bar......

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama vs. A&M is big because it's really Bama's first test this year and only test til November and we get to see if A&M is really that good or if Clemson is that bad.

Wisconsin vs. Iowa essentially decided the division as that division is really bad right now.

Stanford vs. Oregon, in my opinion, is a matchup of the best two teams in the Pac 12 right now. Stanford winning give them great momentum heading to their game against Notre Dame. Oregon winning gives them great momentum heading to Cal and then a rivalry matchup against Washington.

TCU vs. Texas - we could actually see an upset here which would be big. Texas getting 2 straight wins over ranked opponents would be huge for them seeing as the rest of their schedule SHOULD be a piece of cake aside from OU and OSU. TCU losing two in a row heading to Iowa State might be an upset alert there as well.

Pretty big and important weekend in College Football this week. I think all eyes are gonna be on Bama/A&M, but I feel like the biggest game, the game that has harsh future implications for both teams involved is Wisconsin vs. Iowa. If Iowa is able to beat Wisconsin, looking at the rest of their schedule, I could see Iowa running the tables and having an undefeated season. They do have a test against Penn State but crazier things have happened in College Football. This SHOULD be what the division comes down to and Iowa could hold the key to their own success for the rest of the year. A loss here wouldn't be surprising but it might paint the picture for future games against Penn State and maybe even Northwestern.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not saying they’re done, but you have gone full Wolverine because you hired your wet dream of a coach. Let’s let him get to an above .500 record at Nebraska before we crown him a success.

Couldn't agree more

But forgive us if we're a little bit more upbeat in Frost than we were Mike Riley.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, individuals of the losing side will take to twitter and the internet to register their disgust with the outcome of said football contest, with hilarious consequences

You don't believe some nebraska fans are capable of this, apparently, but I wouldn't put it past a few. JMHO

None that I would give the time of day to

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the spirit!!!

giphy.gif

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably with ice. If you had to drink pee, who would drink it warm?

If I'm drinking my own pee then I have bigger problems to worry about than what temperature it is served at.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked Aggies at Bama mostly because it was the game I was most interested in seeing; but when I went back for a more objective look, I still felt it was the top game of those we had to choose from, and here's why:

1)Texas A&M at Alabama, pits #22 vs #1 in what many see as Alabama's first big test. Many people thought that Ole Miss was going to be the first big test a week ago.

2) #7 Stanford at #20 Oregon, the only other choice pitting two Top 25 teams against one another. We get to see which team is the likely challenger to Washington in the Pac-12 North (but Washington St. might still have something to say about that).

3) #18 Wisconsin at Iowa. We get to see if the loss to BYU was just a fluke. We also find out if Iowa is deserving of a spot in the Top 25.

4) #17 TCU at Texas. Will the Horned Frogs lose two in a row & drop out of the Top 25? Will Texas get in with a win?

The rest of the games are of little interest, except to fans of those particular teams.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Potato Salad vs Muh Mouf Shovel

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fans will not allow Nebraska to become a bottom feeder. Trust me. I mean shit, we fire 9 win coaches. That may be good enough at Iowa, but it's not at Nebraska. Money talks, and when fans start leaving the stadium early because of a piss poor team, changes are made. And they will keep making changes until they get it right.

Yeah, Alabama tried that between Gene Stallings' retirement & Nick Saban's hire. It didn't work out very well. You need to give Frost a few years to get things turned around. As long as they are not going backwards (and you can't go much farther back than Nebraska has the last few years), give things time to work out.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is TCU-Texas for all sorts of reasons.

TCU is going to be fighting to hang onto the #2 team in the Big12.
Texas and Tom Herman have a chance to begin to break out of
the doldrums.

There is a great deal at stake, long term, for both of these teams.
Not so sure. I think there is more at stake for Texas.

Down deep, I'm pretty sure Patterson and staff knew they would have a problem living up to the irrational expectations others were putting on them. They wouldn't ever state in publicly but........