• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big East to consider to add 6 teams

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Pittsburgh and Syracuse going to the ACC and TCU going to the Big 12, who should the 6 teams be they go after?

Schools I think they should go after

Notre Dame - They are in every other sport. Why not try to convince them to join in football?

Missouri - I think it's obvious Missouri does not want to be in the Big 12 but were turned down by the Big Ten and the SEC. I don't think Mizzou will leave the Big 12 for the Big East, by why not try?

Boise State - I would say Boise State is the best non-AQ team out there. TCU was heading to the Big East, why not try to get Boise State? The only downside to it is that it does not fit geographically.

Navy - Navy has shown interests in joining the Big East. They fit geographically and has even shown they can play.

Air Force - According to the article, AFA wants to leave MWC. It is to the point where they are even considering going to the WAC or Missouri Valley Conference (FCS). Air Force is talented and will not hurt the conference.

Army, ECU, and/or UCF - If any of the above options turn Big East down, here are a few more options. These three programs have shown interest in joining. Obviously ECU and UCF are better options than Army in athletics, but they are ones that will be guaranteed acceptance.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7084162/big-east-consider-adding-6-football-schools

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for one, ND may be leaving in all other sports, as they are in negotiations with the Big 12.

Missouri would be taking a pretty big pay cut to leave the Big 12 for the BE, so that's probably out......

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is stupid.

The Big East just needs to fold up shop as a major football conference. It definitely should lose AQ status as soon as next year.

And Notre Dame won't join the Big 12.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is stupid.

The Big East just needs to fold up shop as a major football conference. It definitely should lose AQ status as soon as next year.

And Notre Dame won't join the Big 12.

The Big 12 is trying to get their olympic sports, not football......I doubt they join as well, but I think they see the writing on the wall with the Big East.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big East 12

Cincinnati
Connecticut
East Carolina
Houston
Memphis
Louisville
Navy
Rutgers
South Florida
SMU
Temple
West Virginia

IrishFutbol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ND - 0% - Forget it.

Missouri - 0% - Too much of a paycut, and leaving for a crap conference really doesn't stick it to Texas.

Boise State - 50% - I'm not sure the pros would outweigh the cons. 0 opposing fans a their stadium, schedule doesn't give them any more respect, and the money may not be worth the travel expenses. Then again, the auto bid is awfully tempting.

Navy - 50% - Would give them a set schedule every year, but they may not want the difficulty increase.

Army - 0% - They've already said no. Not to mention they pulled the plug on a deal which would have put them in the same conference as USC, ND and Penn State.

Air Force - 25% - Might be interested if Navy joins, but it will take a little extra to get them independent in everything else, as they don't have an offer for non-football sports.

UCF/ECU - 100% - They would kill for an offer.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise State - 50% - I'm not sure the pros would outweigh the cons. 0 opposing fans a their stadium, schedule doesn't give them any more respect, and the money may not be worth the travel expenses. Then again, the auto bid is awfully tempting.

But how much do you need to risk-adjust the value of that auto bid? I don't think the Big East keeps it for long.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But how much do you need to risk-adjust the value of that auto bid? I don't think the Big East keeps it for long.

The addition of Boise would help them keep it a little longer. The Big East needs Boise just as much, if not more, than Boise needs the BE. With the way the BCS is set up, and TCU in an AQ conference, Boise is almost guaranteed to be the best mid major every year.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Big East needs to dissolve. Their model has always been fundamentally flawed. The teams aren't equal partners, and they never have been. They're the only BCS conference to have non-football members. They're the only BCS conference to have football-only members. They're the only BCS conference to kick a member out of the conference. They're the only BCS conference to add a 1AA transfer to the football conference. They're the only BCS conference to play a significant portion of it's games off campus.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I left off UCF in my list of 12. Hmm, who do I kick to the curb? Memphis?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we joined the Big East it would have to look like this

East
USF
Uconn
Rutgers
West Virginia
Cincinnati
UCF

West
Boise State
Air Force
SMU
Houston
Memphis
Louisville

this conference right here, has the west making sense geographically and it's really the only possible way the Big East would resemble an AQ conference.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got some news

Big East Expected to Next invite UCF | CollegeSportsInfo.com

looks like UCF is about to be invited- possibly even today

next they're going to get Temple, which I'm a tad disappointed about.

Air Force is hoping to find another conference for the rest of its sports, and also hoping that Navy and Army joins them. Navy might be the most likely.

Boise State is at the top of the wishlist, but we have to find somewhere for the rest of our sports, Wrestling is in the Pac-12 already so that's one less issue. I personally am only worried about basketball, we should just drop Tennis it's more trouble than it's worth at this point with violations and all that.

so right now the plan is, UCF and Temple for all sports to get to 8 all sport teams, then get 3 out of Air Force, Navy, Army and Boise State for football only, for 11 in football, then for the 12th school it would be either SMU or Houston with SMU in front.

IrishFutbol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
next they're going to get Temple, which I'm a tad disappointed about.

Hey....so uh.....remember when I dumped you in front of the nation for my new girlfriend.....well......she kind of gained some weight.......and......well what are you up to tonight?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey....so uh.....remember when I dumped you in front of the nation for my new girlfriend.....well......she kind of gained some weight.......and......well what are you up to tonight?

LOL!!!!!