• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big Brother

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will never happen because it would eliminate a lot of the drama, but…

Would having a season where the HOH is kept secret each week work? The other twists could still happen as well, but at least winning HOH would have so much negative attached to it any more.

Winning HOH is not a negative... never has been... problem is that when crazy people are HOH they make it a negative... Putting up nominations for eviction should never hurt your game.... chances are the people you put up are not playing with you, and would likely put you up anyways...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nor should they. They take a lot of the strategy out of the game.

also add new.... i have no problem with the twists this season... yet...

but the twists are still only as good as the actual competitions... if the competitions are more fair, then they probably dont need to make the other twists...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least with this 3 nominations twist, and the extra competition to bring it back to 2, its going to be very difficult to back door someone.... and that has always been the most cowardly thing in BB... now at least the HOH has to show their cards... and the evicted house member at least had a chance to get themselves off...

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least with this 3 nominations twist, and the extra competition to bring it back to 2, its going to be very difficult to back door someone.... and that has always been the most cowardly thing in BB... now at least the HOH has to show their cards... and the evicted house member at least had a chance to get themselves off...
I wouldn’t say the back door is cowardly, sometimes the best strategic movie you can do is not let the person who is great at comps play.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t say the back door is cowardly, sometimes the best strategic movie you can do is not let the person who is great at comps play.

Lots of times it is a back door that everyone knows about. And sure. Sometimes it is the only way to get someone out.

That’s where I think the game has a big problem.

But often we see back doors just because the HOH doesn’t want the player to know they are the target. That’s cowardly.

But again this season makes it very hard to plan for the back door. If you are too afraid of the veto comp then you will be even more scared of the 3 to 2 competition.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning HOH is not a negative... never has been... problem is that when crazy people are HOH they make it a negative... Putting up nominations for eviction should never hurt your game.... chances are the people you put up are not playing with you, and would likely put you up anyways...
Not when someone has to put up a barrier between himself and half the house on day one, before anyone is against anyone.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure BB has done anyone as dirty as they did that guy and Sam (she was the robot for the first week). Those were twists that absolutely killed these players games before they even got started.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not when someone has to put up a barrier between himself and half the house on day one, before anyone is against anyone.

there was a smart way for the HOH to put up her nominations... she did not do the smart move... Just because you nominate someone does not always mean you make them an enemy...

but if your reasons are not clear, then you will create an enemy...

But just because you create enemies doesnt make HOH a disadvnatage... For example, she was able to sus out one of the advantages and who got it...

first HOHers also usually are part of the first alliance... they only lose because they are crazy....

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there was a smart way for the HOH to put up her nominations... she did not do the smart move... Just because you nominate someone does not always mean you make them an enemy...

but if your reasons are not clear, then you will create an enemy...

But just because you create enemies doesnt make HOH a disadvnatage... For example, she was able to sus out one of the advantages and who got it...

first HOHers also usually are part of the first alliance... they only lose because they are crazy....
I am not referring to Angela (?). I am referring to the Marine in Paul’s second season. He had to nominate half the house, one by one, in week 1, before anyone knew anyone.

Angela made her own bed. I have no sympathy for her.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure BB has done anyone as dirty as they did that guy and Sam (she was the robot for the first week). Those were twists that absolutely killed these players games before they even got started.

at least sam, in her season, they were kind enough not to put her up... lots of times they put up the disadvantaged, because they are an easy target... and the HOH doesnt can just use the This is week one i dont know you guys yet, i will put up the people who performed the worst so far... puts very little blood on themselves...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not referring to Angela (?). I am referring to the Marine in Paul’s second season. He had to nominate half the house, one by one, in week 1, before anyone knew anyone.

Angela made her own bed. I have no sympathy for her.

i kind of remember that.... it was tough... but this was also his second time playing, he at least had the out that people wanted to play with him and feared his play too much... If that was a new player and not Paul, then that would have been much harder...

and paul still made a big alliance that week... didnt he??

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How often has the first HoH won? I can think of only 1 (Jax, the guy who got lambasted by Julie with racist accusations while he was still in the house, after the votes were cast).

I can’t think of anyone else who won first HoH and went on to win the season.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i kind of remember that.... it was tough... but this was also his second time playing, he at least had the out that people wanted to play with him and feared his play too much... If that was a new player and not Paul, then that would have been much harder...
It was the new player. Paul was safe week 1, but he was secretly safe, so when he got nominated, the marine had to go down the list to another player.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the new player. Paul was safe week 1, but he was secretly safe, so when he got nominated, the marine had to go down the list to another player.

yea... that was tough... but i still think being HOH is always an advantage... its the individual that makes it a disadvantage...

i think the fact he had to name half the house actually made it easier to come back, because he could just say i had to nominate everyone... easier to play with someone who nominated you, if you can at least see why they nominated you...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea... that was tough... but i still think being HOH is always an advantage... its the individual that makes it a disadvantage...

i think the fact he had to name half the house actually made it easier to come back, because he could just say i had to nominate everyone... easier to play with someone who nominated you, if you can at least see why they nominated you...
That would have worked if he nominated everyone at once. But he had to nominate each person in order. Declaring a target hierarchy each time. He had to play his game with his cards face up on the table.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watching the live episode and I can’t believe Matt left, I did like Kenny but I thought Matt would‘ve made the season way more entertaining.

I do hope there’s some sort of battle back.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watching the live episode and I can’t believe Matt left, I did like Kenny but I thought Matt would‘ve made the season way more entertaining.

I do hope there’s some sort of battle back.

I haven’t watched it yet. But he was the obvious choice to go home. I guess he loses the last competition

But he was playing too hard, and all the drama was surrounding him. Whether it was crazy Angela. Or the budding showmance that the rest of the house already thought was full bloom.

There was no reason to keep him. Where you knew he would be a real competitor for all the active competitions.

I would have been shocked if he didn’t get eliminated.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t watched it yet. But he was the obvious choice to go home. I guess he loses the last competition

But he was playing too hard, and all the drama was surrounding him. Whether it was crazy Angela. Or the budding showmance that the rest of the house already thought was full bloom.

There was no reason to keep him. Where you knew he would be a real competitor for all the active competitions.

I would have been shocked if he didn’t get eliminated.

Multiple people said they weren’t gonna make the mistakes of previous seasons and allow someone like Matt to stay in the game. It was smart to get rid of them I just was hoping he would end up finding a way to stay.