• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big Brother

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Judge Fudge

one thing I am noticing is the use of profanity. In the first few seasons, they were letting the s-bombs and f-bombs fly without censoring. I know S1 was on Slice while the other seasons were on Global. I am not familiar with either network. Is there some difference between the two when it comes to acceptance of swearing?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Judge Fudge

one thing I am noticing is the use of profanity. In the first few seasons, they were letting the s-bombs and f-bombs fly without censoring. I know S1 was on Slice while the other seasons were on Global. I am not familiar with either network. Is there some difference between the two when it comes to acceptance of swearing?

Global might be a little liberal with the Profanity.

There are 3(4) national broadcasters with one owning 2 major broadcasts. The bigs are

CTV, Canadian Television Network, and Global

The others are CTV2 and CITY

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Global might be a little liberal with the Profanity.

There are 3(4) national broadcasters with one owning 2 major broadcasts. The bigs are

CTV, Canadian Television Network, and Global

The others are CTV2 and CITY
So I would assume Slice is more of a cable outlet (USA, AMC, TNT, etc)?

When the show was on Slice, F-bombs were liberally dropped, and there didn’t even appear to be the cursory “Sorry Big Brother” that often occurs on the more recent BBUSA broadcasts when a curse is uttered by a houseguest. Then, when it moved to Global, there was a slow move towards the USA sensibilities and now it seems to work the same as BBUSA (nothing worse than a “darn” or “fudge”).

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I would assume Slice is more of a cable outlet (USA, AMC, TNT, etc)?

When the show was on Slice, F-bombs were liberally dropped, and there didn’t even appear to be the cursory “Sorry Big Brother” that often occurs on the more recent BBUSA broadcasts when a curse is uttered by a houseguest. Then, when it moved to Global, there was a slow move towards the USA sensibilities and now it seems to work the same as BBUSA (nothing worse than a “darn” or “fudge”).

Yes. It'd parent company is the same as Global

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished BBCan9.

Very good season, until the finale. The winner spoiled to me before I started, so THAT wasn’t a disappointment (or something I was excited about…. It just was).

I need to go kinda political here. I apologize in advance, but it is pertinent to the show, and this season specifically…

Even with the ridiculous “diversity” in the house, I never felt hammered over the head by it. It was just a collection of individuals. No one was claiming victim hood or overtly forming racist alliances (unlike BBUSA23). At least not on the broadcast shows (I have no idea if any of it existed on the feeds)…

Until the finale, when the winner of the final HOH looked at the person who they were evicting and essentially said, “Because of the pigmentation of your skin, I have to evict you.”

Blatant racism.

As I said, though, outside of the finale, this was one of the best casts ever from BBCan or BBUSA. Lots of good gameplay. From comp beasts to strategic monsters to social geniuses. And my 3 favorite players from the season were all POCs…

Keif, of course. I was worried about his game when he was voluntarily staying with the SunSetters when he was CLEARLY at the bottom of that group, but when he survived when they officially turned on him showed that he was the clear best, well rounded player of the season. Comp beast, Strategist AND social genius.

Victoria, who, while I didn’t like her personally, she was one of the best strategic players I have ever seen. She just had absolutely ZERO social game. And she was quite possibly the biggest comp beast in that house.

LaToya. She kinda lost it which got her evicted early, but outside of her outbursts, her social game was on point. Not that she got everyone to like her, but that she was interrogating everyone on the DL. Impressive AF.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to say. Watching BBCan 10.

The Ghosts might compete with chill town as one of the better 2 people Allies in Big brother history

A) their not on anybody's radar, hence the nickname

B ) They pulled off 3 big moves including 2 last Thursday

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to say. Watching BBCan 10.

The Ghosts might compete with chill town as one of the better 2 people Allies in Big brother history

A) their not on anybody's radar, hence the nickname

B ) They pulled off 3 big moves including 2 last Thursday
polite request…

when talking BBCan 10, please use spoiler tags. It isn’t avail in the US yet, and I, personally, will binge it as soon as Paramount adds it (I have watched through BBCan9)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BBUSA24 premiered tonight.

SUPER early, of course, but I like the cast so far. Obviously I like some more than I like others, but even the ones I kinda dislike at first impression have potential, I think, to win me over.

That said, the entire opening placement was totally rigged. Julie even directed one of the guests to their station before it was revealed. I think the comps themselves were legit, I just think the groups were rigged (which meant the backstage boss was rigged as well).

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SUPER early, of course, but I like the cast so far. Obviously I like some more than I like others, but even the ones I kinda dislike at first impression have potential, I think, to win me over.

That said, the entire opening placement was totally rigged. Julie even directed one of the guests to their station before it was revealed. I think the comps themselves were legit, I just think the groups were rigged (which meant the backstage boss was rigged as well).
Is it an all new cast or are there any returning players?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

was it rigged?? or randomly chosen before the Ticket scan?? big difference... but i agree it looked fishy... especially the statistics of it...

But i FF a lot of the premier, i hate watching the Contestant reveal, and their Fake tv prepared lives...

I think i like the Backstage Boss twist, with the unprotected 3... I wonder if this is an all season twist or just a Week one twist...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was it rigged?? or randomly chosen before the Ticket scan?? big difference... but i agree it looked fishy... especially the statistics of it...

But i FF a lot of the premier, i hate watching the Contestant reveal, and their Fake tv prepared lives...

I think i like the Backstage Boss twist, with the unprotected 3... I wonder if this is an all season twist or just a Week one twist...
It is possible it was random, but if they are doing that, why not rig it? Clearly the tickets were just window dressing and had nothing to do with anything.

I liked how the Big Boss picked the 3. First losers of the 2 that had first losers (no blood on his hands) and then get the one person who LOOKS like she won’t be contending for any HOHs anything soon.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is possible it was random, but if they are doing that, why not rig it? Clearly the tickets were just window dressing and had nothing to do with anything.

I liked how the Big Boss picked the 3. First losers of the 2 that had first losers (no blood on his hands) and then get the one person who LOOKS like she won’t be contending for any HOHs anything soon.

except he picked three women... would have been smart to pick one man just to keep the targeting women stigma away...

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All of the “card” sequences were painful to watch. And when all of the first 4 ended up in the same “pod” and the second group started out the same way, it was real easy to decide the producers had their plan.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except he picked three women... would have been smart to pick one man just to keep the targeting women stigma away...
He would want to pick people who wouldn’t have a good chance to win an HOH. 2 black guys (they are safe), a guy who looks like he could be a beast (he won his comp) and 2 white guys who took 2nd in their comps (Ruining his No-blood reasoning for the first 2 girls). And the 1 chick he did pick LOOKS like she won’t be a comp beast.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the “card” sequences were painful to watch. And when all of the first 4 ended up in the same “pod” and the second group started out the same way, it was real easy to decide the producers had their plan.
Yup. Want assure no malfeasance? Have them open a pre$sealed envelope or something similar. Doing the scanning, imho, guarantees it was a fix.

Not as bad as the tilt-maze from a couple seasons back where the girls had a super hard maze while the guys had simple mazes. That one was blatantly obvious a fix. I was watching that ep with my sister and we both just laughed at how bad the fix was executed.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would want to pick people who wouldn’t have a good chance to win an HOH. 2 black guys (they are safe), a guy who looks like he could be a beast (he won his comp) and 2 white guys who took 2nd in their comps (Ruining his No-blood reasoning for the first 2 girls). And the 1 chick he did pick LOOKS like she won’t be a comp beast.

i understand the thought... just saying it is never a good idea to make it look like you are targeting an obvious demographic...

it wont be surprising for the women to all think he is targeting all women... Point is, that if he wanted to have no blood on him, he should have nominated one male... so nobody can make any assumptions about him...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Want assure no malfeasance? Have them open a pre$sealed envelope or something similar. Doing the scanning, imho, guarantees it was a fix.

Not as bad as the tilt-maze from a couple seasons back where the girls had a super hard maze while the guys had simple mazes. That one was blatantly obvious a fix. I was watching that ep with my sister and we both just laughed at how bad the fix was executed.

I remember that too... but i had the impression that it was to even out the competition... dont remember if it worked or not... but the longer the physical competitions were the bigger edge it always gave the same people...