• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big Brother

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b35ab3e117f7da52_nakomis.jpg

CBS_BIG_BROTHER_514_16x9_74192_1920x1080.jpg

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting observation on my part. The White People were unaware that there was a race based alliance going on, but the Black People were hyper aware and bonded at the beginning. Does this mean racism is lacking among the White People? A common opinion of the Black People is that I want someone who looks like me to win. Yet, the Black People are very diverse in look and personality. Had you switch the race of these people, it would have been considered racist. Everyone on the "Cookout" could have made it far without the race factor.

Tiffany - A hard worker who has seen enough bullshit that she can spot it from a mile away. Coming from Detroit she was my favorite.

Hannah - Cute and smart (maybe a little crush on here).

Kyland - A player and a gamer ... he is going to work hard and never lose his charm (except when getting voted out).

Azah - Elegant and Eloquent ... I am certain in the real world, she owns every room she walks in.

Derek - Life of the party, proud of being gay, but not overbearing. Everyone's best friend.

Xavier - Class ... anyone with more intelligence would have taken him out immediately.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting observation on my part. The White People were unaware that there was a race based alliance going on, but the Black People were hyper aware and bonded at the beginning. Does this mean racism is lacking among the White People? A common opinion of the Black People is that I want someone who looks like me to win. Yet, the Black People are very diverse in look and personality. Had you switch the race of these people, it would have been considered racist. Everyone on the "Cookout" could have made it far without the race factor.
This.

And to be clear, I don’t have a problem with them banding together for whatever reason they see fit. My problem is the double standard. If a group of white people got together in the house and made an open goal of eliminating all the POCs, the show would likely be stopped immediately. I think they were pressured to influence the game in S15 when a bunch of comments were made in the house by Arryn that were viewed as racist. And of course all the “controversy” surrounding Jack’s week 1 nominations a few seasons back.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And my initial take on the “white” cast from this season was that the game was rigged for a POC to win. The “white” players were pretty much a bunch of moron non-players.

That isn’t necessarily a bad thing, though. I have been pretty consistent in my disgust in the POC casting for this show for years. They have pretty much been cookie cutter carbon copies of each other direct from central casting for years. Especially the black woman (Mother’s with somewhat questionable pasts who have found Jesus to a disturbingly extreme level or massively in-your-face younger woman just waiting to explode).

And I think the only black male who cast with a legit chance to win was Howie from S15. But the racial undertones of that season made it hard for him to concentrate on the game, though he was eliminated for legit game reasons and came across looking GREAT.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

And to be clear, I don’t have a problem with them banding together for whatever reason they see fit. My problem is the double standard. If a group of white people got together in the house and made an open goal of eliminating all the POCs, the show would likely be stopped immediately. I think they were pressured to influence the game in S15 when a bunch of comments were made in the house by Arryn that were viewed as racist. And of course all the “controversy” surrounding Jack’s week 1 nominations a few seasons back.

And that’s the point.

The double standard is bs

If you can flip the races and it’s wrong, then it’s wrong as is. It’s really that simple.

But then again, Lebron has openly admitted to being racist against white people on multiple occasions and no one says anything

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

The thing is we as a country are way passed the if it were a whites only alliance. This season showed the white people were too afraid of people called racist. Was really shocked that X took Kyland out. IMO he should’ve taken him to final 2 and chips lay where they may. I see him winning against Derek F and if Aza is sitting next to him Tiffany was pretty vocal that she wanted a black woman to win.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is we as a country are way passed the if it were a whites only alliance. This season showed the white people were too afraid of people called racist. Was really shocked that X took Kyland out. IMO he should’ve taken him to final 2 and chips lay where they may. I see him winning against Derek F and if Aza is sitting next to him Tiffany was pretty vocal that she wanted a black woman to win.

And that’s the problem.

It’s a mistake

It’s also laughable hypocritical

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that’s the point.

The double standard is bs

If you can flip the races and it’s wrong, then it’s wrong as is. It’s really that simple.

But then again, Lebron has openly admitted to being racist against white people on multiple occasions and no one says anything

honestly, i am tired of people crying about the double standards... there are double standards for most things in life... Crying about double standards IMO is what makes Liberals constantly call republicans racists, whether true or not...

Let me throw you an example where nobody would ever CRY double standard...

when a wife beats on her husband, and the police or the courts just gives her a slap on the wrist...

do i agree that that there is a double standard?? absolutely... but sometimes crying about the double standard shows a lot of ignorance...

with that said, this season of big brother sucked, i think we all agree that the BB higher ups did everything they could to make a black champion... so having one does seem a little forced...

as to X getting out Kyland... that was common sense... i mean, if you are are playing the game and you have final 2 plans with all 3 contestants left, why wouldnt you think that everyone else does too??

and if kyland did not go home, then there would have been a serious contender to compete in the last competion with... if you cant trust anybody, it is best to win yourself... Kyland would have made it an actual competition...

and we all know neither Derek or Aza have any chance to beat X... and none of the jury are bitter with X, so there is no reason to vote against him... but if Kyland was there, he could make a valid case for himself to win... as he won more challenges than X did...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly, i am tired of people crying about the double standards... there are double standards for most things in life... Crying about double standards IMO is what makes Liberals constantly call republicans racists, whether true or not...

Let me throw you an example where nobody would ever CRY double standard...

when a wife beats on her husband, and the police or the courts just gives her a slap on the wrist...

do i agree that that there is a double standard?? absolutely... but sometimes crying about the double standard shows a lot of ignorance...

with that said, this season of big brother sucked, i think we all agree that the BB higher ups did everything they could to make a black champion... so having one does seem a little forced...

as to X getting out Kyland... that was common sense... i mean, if you are are playing the game and you have final 2 plans with all 3 contestants left, why wouldnt you think that everyone else does too??

and if kyland did not go home, then there would have been a serious contender to compete in the last competion with... if you cant trust anybody, it is best to win yourself... Kyland would have made it an actual competition...

and we all know neither Derek or Aza have any chance to beat X... and none of the jury are bitter with X, so there is no reason to vote against him... but if Kyland was there, he could make a valid case for himself to win... as he won more challenges than X did...

I totally agree on your game strategy point.

I get what you're saying on the above, my point is allowing it doesn't help anyone and in fact just continues to make things worse.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree on your game strategy point.

I get what you're saying on the above, my point is allowing it doesn't help anyone and in fact just continues to make things worse.
i do agree that it makes it worse... but it makes it worse also that sometimes these double standards are necessary to show people that it was an issue in the first place...

it is also very hard to correct problems that always have been without allowing double standards to exist until there looks like there is progress in fixing those problems...

fighting things gradually has basically shown to be very inefficient... especially since not enough people acknowledge that there was an actual problem...

and back to BB, as much as we hate how this season went, and the CHEAP way that they got the champion that they were looking to get, The in a couple years, all that will be talked about is the fact that they had a black winner... and the BB big wigs can use this FACT to protect themselves from any future complaints...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do agree that it makes it worse... but it makes it worse also that sometimes these double standards are necessary to show people that it was an issue in the first place...

it is also very hard to correct problems that always have been without allowing double standards to exist until there looks like there is progress in fixing those problems...

fighting things gradually has basically shown to be very inefficient... especially since not enough people acknowledge that there was an actual problem...

and back to BB, as much as we hate how this season went, and the CHEAP way that they got the champion that they were looking to get, The in a couple years, all that will be talked about is the fact that they had a black winner... and the BB big wigs can use this FACT to protect themselves from any future complaints...

It’s not necessary

It’s not 1945 anymore

Culture is the actual issue. Not body chemicals

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good finale for a bad season IMO..

Big D did a great job selling himself... was actually pretty impressed with his arguments...

Aza continued to be an absolute idiot when it comes to game play... if she was all out to give xavier the win, then what was the point of playing???

serious question was Xavier a plant?? he had to be right?? i mean the BB higher ups wanted a black winner, so why not make one of your best atheletic contestants a black contestant and make him very smart and very likable too...

has there ever been a more perfect mold??

and this is also why Aza may have been the worst BB player of all time...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good finale for a bad season IMO..

Big D did a great job selling himself... was actually pretty impressed with his arguments...

Aza continued to be an absolute idiot when it comes to game play... if she was all out to give xavier the win, then what was the point of playing???

serious question was Xavier a plant?? he had to be right?? i mean the BB higher ups wanted a black winner, so why not make one of your best atheletic contestants a black contestant and make him very smart and very likable too...

has there ever been a more perfect mold??

and this is also why Aza may have been the worst BB player of all time...
There have always been essentially 3 types of cast members…

Recruits - These are typically “real” people who production wants. They will typically be part of the twist (a friend of another guest or something like that).

Super fans - These are the people who apply for the show.

Central Casting - These are used to fill in the rest of the spots. These people are typically actors, musicians, social media personalities etc. They are real players, but the show is more like their next gig than something they really wanted to do.

X was likely a recruit. Someone they thought would have a serious chance of winning. i get the sense most of this season’s cast was from the recruit pile. They built this season very specifically.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Recruits - These are typically “real” people who production wants. They will typically be part of the twist (a friend of another guest or something like that).

Central Casting - These are used to fill in the rest of the spots. These people are typically actors, musicians, social media personalities etc. They are real players, but the show is more like their next gig than something they really wanted to do.

X was likely a recruit. Someone they thought would have a serious chance of winning. i get the sense most of this season’s cast was from the recruit pile. They built this season very specifically.

But X played a good game. He had when he needed to and made the big moves, Ky and Tiff, when he needed to.

But with that said. I liked alot of big D did. He didn't win comps, which is big to me, but he mainly protection detail for the cookout. Nice for someone get acknowledgement for doing the small things.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny she mentioned "for the winner".

I watch Canada's one as well. I've seen someone screw this up before.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But X played a good game. He had when he needed to and made the big moves, Ky and Tiff, when he needed to.

But with that said. I liked alot of big D did. He didn't win comps, which is big to me, but he mainly protection detail for the cookout. Nice for someone get acknowledgement for doing the small things.
I didn’t say he didn’t. I specifically said he was likely recruited as a potential winner.

I think other “recruits” have done well as well. I suspect Frankie Grande was a recruit, and he was arguably the 2nd best player in his season (behind Derrick, of course). I also suspect Derrick may have been a recruit. He was essentially a ringer for the game, imho. Dick was almost certainly a recruit and he was one of the best players ever (even if he was a Dick).

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. But my point was more that x checked in all the boxes. How many contestants do that??

He was one of the best athletes in the season

He was one of the most likable people this season

He was one of the smarter players this season

Any season where the jocks win the mental competitions too I think it is bad casting because nobody should be that dominant.

Even though Aza was an absolute moron. How much would you have laughed if she won that last HOH competition and took Derek with her??

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder how many reality shows don’t follow this?

Bachelor type shows included lol

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DX was a recruit. Even basically said as much last night when admitting to everyone live that he’s seen two seasons.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am rewatching BB19 now (Paul’s second season).

I enjoyed this season when I first watched it because I was impressed at how Paul completely controlled the house.

On rewatch, my opinion has completely changed. What an absolutely HORRIBLE season. Every single house guest, save for Cody and Jessica, essentially went up to Paul and freely handed him their game and said “I will be sitting over there. Go win me this game.” And then they were angry at him because he played for himself to win instead.

Horrible cast. Horrible, horrible cast. Cody may have been a robot and an asshole, but he was the only other player who actually wanted to play the game.