• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 12 schools and the B1G

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this guy thinks that the Big 12 TV deal would remain the same even though Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas and some other team went to another conference.

The guy's on dope. So how much of what is left in the article is completely made up in his mind??

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this guy thinks that the Big 12 TV deal would remain the same even though Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas and some other team went to another conference.

The guy's on dope. So how much of what is left in the article is completely made up in his mind??

It's a Clay Travis article, so you can be assured it's 90% trolling clickbait.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma, Nebraska, Texas A&M, Kansas and Iowa State Sought To Join Big Ten in 2010 | FOX Sports

Interesting as TexASS and company blamed Mizzou for all the teams leaving the conference
That's funny...I've only heard Nebraska fans point to Mizzou trying to leave as a reason, in addition to the potential for Texas and their friends going to the PAC. Texas fans seem to point at Nebraska when it comes to blaming someone for the exodus. I guess they just don't respect Mizzou enough :noidea:

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is actually responding to an article published in the Nebraska, Omaha newspaper. He even links that article in his write up

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is actually responding to an article published in the Nebraska, Omaha newspaper. He even links that article in his write up

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from two sources at Nebraska the Big Ten has done its "homework'' to evaluate Oklahoma and Kansas as potential members."

DO IT!!!!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 10 West

Illinois
Iowa
Kansas
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Oklahoma
Wisconsin

Big 10 East

Indiana
Maryland
Michigan
Michigan St
Ohio St
Penn St
Purdue
Rutgers

Big 12 North

Colorado St
Iowa St
Kansas St
Memphis
Oklahoma St
West Virginia

Big 12 South

Texas
TCU
Baylor
Texas Tech
Houston
Rice
SMU

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Lee Barfknecht

Just a little insight on Lee...He may write for The Omaha World Herald, but he is not a Nebraska honk. For example he had an AP vote in 1997 and voted Michigan over Nebraska.

Barfknecht: During realignment, four others from Big 12 took a look at Big Ten switch - Big Red Today - Husker football news, schedules and videos - Omaha.com

Several veteran Big 12 media members said their money is on the league not lasting another decade.

The tension, for some, is high.

A Big 12 administrator, in the middle of the main hallway, chastised me for my column last Monday about how Nebraska would never return to the Big 12. Too much drama, I wrote, and not enough stability.

He chewed me for making his conference sound “dysfunctional.’’ If reporting facts about repeated Big 12 missteps leads to that conclusion, then call me guilty.

It would be nice to know what self-proclaimed Big 12 kingpin Texas thinks of all this.

But the Longhorns are busy trying to put out their own fires, most of which Athletic Director Steve Patterson has ignited in less than two years on the job.

UT’s new president, Greg Fenves, according to reports in Dallas and Austin newspapers, has told Patterson that he needs to change his personal dealings with donors and become more personable.

An investigative story from Horns Digest detailed incidents of Patterson’s money-first moves, treating fans like corporate customers rather than people invested emotionally in the program. For Nebraska fans, the best comparison I can make is an ex-Husker A.D. with the first name Steve and the last initial P who barged in aloof and tone-deaf.

Patterson mostly got praise for his coaching choices of Charlie Strong in football and Shaka Smart in basketball. But a wise man from Austin with deep ties to Texas athletics distilled the current situation for me in two sentences:

“Charlie Strong is a nice man who is a little overmatched. Steve Patterson is not a very nice man, and he is way overmatched.’’

Of course, when million-dollar employees screw up, a scapegoat must go. Texas ousted 23-year media relations chief John Bianco, an absolute pro’s pro who is nationally respected and deserved far better.

Patterson’s behavior carries the distinct stench of how Dave Brandon operated as athletic director at Michigan for four years before resigning under fire last October. Brandon is back where profits and operating efficiency are celebrated over everything else — private business as the CEO of Toys R Us. (Insert own joke here).

So, Nebraska fans, now you’re caught up on what’s happening in the Big 12. Not much has changed, eh?

If the predictions come true that the clock is ticking on the Big 12 sticking together, remember what we previously reported from two sources at Nebraska — the Big Ten has done its “homework’’ to evaluate Oklahoma and Kansas as potential members.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mizzou begged to be in the big ten, but the big ten had zero interest. Nebraska snaked their spot, and the rest is history.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, Lee Barfknecht's source is a Big 12 AD. My guess, Jamie Pollard.

Please note, this all happened after the Big 12 meetings of June 2010 when Orangebloods leaked the PAC 10 move. Which means the window was all of five days to see if the B1G was interested. It was just too much for the B1G to handle in one swoop and Delany was really wanting to go east, big time. Delany did not want five schools anchored in the plains with no population(State of Texas excluded) especially without the Texas Longhorns as one of the five.

Texas was the leader of the Big 12 South-Baylor+Colorado to PAC 10 group but when that was falling apart because Texas was wanting too much, Oklahoma and Texas A&M wanted to see if they could get into the B1G, without Texas. Texas A&M being the main stickler about the PAC 10 travel, which was all a smoke screen from A&M. A&M wanted SEC all the way, even in 2010.

I have always heard rumors of Kansas since 2010 to the B1G and I still do. Kansas basketball pedigree is of HUGE interest to the B1G. I said earlier, I have never heard of Oklahoma to B1G, so this news is still shocking with this confirmation from Barfnecht. The swirls I have been hearing here in the B1G area have been Kansas and Virginia.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Big Ten is done with Midwest schools, they'd probably go after Virginia, maybe North Carolina.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, Lee Barfknecht's source is a Big 12 AD. My guess, Jamie Pollard.

Please note, this all happened after the Big 12 meetings of June 2010 when Orangebloods leaked the PAC 10 move. Which means the window was all of five days to see if the B1G was interested. It was just too much for the B1G to handle in one swoop and Delany was really wanting to go east, big time. Delany did not want five schools anchored in the plains with no population(State of Texas excluded) especially without the Texas Longhorns as one of the five.

Texas was the leader of the Big 12 South-Baylor+Colorado to PAC 10 group but when that was falling apart because Texas was wanting too much, Oklahoma and Texas A&M wanted to see if they could get into the B1G, without Texas. Texas A&M being the main stickler about the PAC 10 travel, which was all a smoke screen from A&M. A&M wanted SEC all the way, even in 2010.

I have always heard rumors of Kansas since 2010 to the B1G and I still do. Kansas basketball pedigree is of HUGE interest to the B1G. I said earlier, I have never heard of Oklahoma to B1G, so this news is still shocking with this confirmation from Barfnecht. The swirls I have been hearing here in the B1G area have been Kansas and Virginia.

The last thing the B1G should do is add teams, especially Kansas and UVA. The worst division in the P5 would get much more weaker(Big Ten West) with Kansas in it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last thing the B1G should do is add teams, especially Kansas and UVA. The worst division in the P5 would get much more weaker(Big Ten West) with Kansas in it.
You mean the SEC East?