• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BIG 12 Mascots Ranked - according to that same idiot

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT A TOOL......:trash:

LINK

Disclaimer...I hate TT...and i didnt write this garbage.

Good news: everyone made the top 10 (even Oklahoma State)! Here is a list ranking the Big 12 mascots based on my arbitrary opinion and a brief explanation for the ranking. Here we go…

10. Sooners: I would sooner be just about anything other than a Sooner. Worst mascot in the Big 12, in college sports, and world history.

9. Wildcats: Boooooo! In and of itself, a wildcat is not a horrible mascot. But along with “bulldogs”, wildcats might be the most common mascot in sports. If it had been something more original, like the Swampcats, then Kansas State would be ranked a lot higher.

8. Cowboys: Oklahoma State used to be the Oklahoma A&M Aggies, so they have at least improved since then. Just like the Wildcats above, Cowboys alone could be a decent mascot. However, they are deducted a lot of points due to the fact that they copied their mascot and pretty much everything else from Texas Tech and a combination of other schools.

7. Bears: Again, yawn. Baylor is the oldest continuously operating university in the state of Texas. They had the opportunity to choose literally anything as their mascot…and they chose to be the Bears. Not horrible, but considering the options they had available (Possums, Gunslingers, Moonshiners, etc.), being the Bears is unimpressive.

6. Jayhawks: Kansas’ school colors are very nice, and “Jayhawks” has a nice ring to it. The only problem is that there isn’t actually a bird called a “Jayhawk”, it’s just a term for someone from Kansas. It also sounds a lot like jaywalk, and jaywalking is a crime.

5: Mountaineers: Overall I really like the Mountaineer as a mascot. The coonskin cap reminds me a lot of Davey Crockett. However, it’s a bit of a misfit in a conference dominated by schools from the plains rather than the mountains. That’s what West Virginia gets for being in a conference in which their nearest opponent is 900 miles away.

4. Cyclones: Iowa State’s mascot is solid, though apparently slightly confused. A Cyclone is a large, swirling air mass, not a red bird. And while I sympathize with the fact that it would look stupid for a team to have a literal Cyclone mascot dancing on the sidelines (the Miami Hurricanes also have a bird mascot), they lose a few points due to the lack of consistency.

3. Longhorns: I hate to have Texas ranked this high, but I must admit I appreciate the originality of the mascot (take notes, Kansas State and Oklahoma State) and its cultural fit with the flagship university in the lone star state. The Longhorn is a majestic creature, no matter my dislike towards the university it represents.

2. Horned Frogs: Similar to everything said about Texas above, TCU has a unique mascot that is the state reptile of Texas. I respect the heck out of such a solid mascot, though I would note I could kill one with the bottom of my boot, making it arguably the physically weakest mascot of the Big 12. Still, major props to the Horned Frogs.

1. Red Raiders: This requires little explanation. Whether you imagine a Red Raider to be a Zoro-esque horse rider or a cowboy with a red mustache and a six shooter on each hip, Texas Tech easily has the best mascot in the Big 12, if not all of college athletics. It’s unique, it’s intimidating, and it perfectly fits with the culture and history of the university and the West Texas region. Guns up!

1a. Matadors: Texas Technological College had just as awesome of a mascot way back in the day as the school’s modern day mascot. The Matadors perfectly embodied the school’s Spanish influence with regards to architecture and heritage, and a bull fighter is just plain cool to begin with.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a buffoon. :L

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed with #10. However, Hamburglar should never be considered the #1 mascot in any conference.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 Live Animal Mascots
collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com_files_2015_02_LOUISIANA_TECH_OKLAHOMA_FOOTBALL_39530843.jpg

gettyimages-716945.jpg

5 Cartoon like Mascots

856dc8f76ca129b2bfe7919e470a57c4.jpg

8dc2cf8e671d50da6c700d31d188ff92.jpg

I know which one's I'm going with.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT A TOOL......:trash:

LINK

Disclaimer...I hate TT...and i didnt write this garbage.

Good news: everyone made the top 10 (even Oklahoma State)! Here is a list ranking the Big 12 mascots based on my arbitrary opinion and a brief explanation for the ranking. Here we go…

10. Sooners: I would sooner be just about anything other than a Sooner. Worst mascot in the Big 12, in college sports, and world history.

9. Wildcats: Boooooo! In and of itself, a wildcat is not a horrible mascot. But along with “bulldogs”, wildcats might be the most common mascot in sports. If it had been something more original, like the Swampcats, then Kansas State would be ranked a lot higher.

8. Cowboys: Oklahoma State used to be the Oklahoma A&M Aggies, so they have at least improved since then. Just like the Wildcats above, Cowboys alone could be a decent mascot. However, they are deducted a lot of points due to the fact that they copied their mascot and pretty much everything else from Texas Tech and a combination of other schools.

7. Bears: Again, yawn. Baylor is the oldest continuously operating university in the state of Texas. They had the opportunity to choose literally anything as their mascot…and they chose to be the Bears. Not horrible, but considering the options they had available (Possums, Gunslingers, Moonshiners, etc.), being the Bears is unimpressive.

6. Jayhawks: Kansas’ school colors are very nice, and “Jayhawks” has a nice ring to it. The only problem is that there isn’t actually a bird called a “Jayhawk”, it’s just a term for someone from Kansas. It also sounds a lot like jaywalk, and jaywalking is a crime.

5: Mountaineers: Overall I really like the Mountaineer as a mascot. The coonskin cap reminds me a lot of Davey Crockett. However, it’s a bit of a misfit in a conference dominated by schools from the plains rather than the mountains. That’s what West Virginia gets for being in a conference in which their nearest opponent is 900 miles away.

4. Cyclones: Iowa State’s mascot is solid, though apparently slightly confused. A Cyclone is a large, swirling air mass, not a red bird. And while I sympathize with the fact that it would look stupid for a team to have a literal Cyclone mascot dancing on the sidelines (the Miami Hurricanes also have a bird mascot), they lose a few points due to the lack of consistency.

3. Longhorns: I hate to have Texas ranked this high, but I must admit I appreciate the originality of the mascot (take notes, Kansas State and Oklahoma State) and its cultural fit with the flagship university in the lone star state. The Longhorn is a majestic creature, no matter my dislike towards the university it represents.

2. Horned Frogs: Similar to everything said about Texas above, TCU has a unique mascot that is the state reptile of Texas. I respect the heck out of such a solid mascot, though I would note I could kill one with the bottom of my boot, making it arguably the physically weakest mascot of the Big 12. Still, major props to the Horned Frogs.

1. Red Raiders: This requires little explanation. Whether you imagine a Red Raider to be a Zoro-esque horse rider or a cowboy with a red mustache and a six shooter on each hip, Texas Tech easily has the best mascot in the Big 12, if not all of college athletics. It’s unique, it’s intimidating, and it perfectly fits with the culture and history of the university and the West Texas region. Guns up!

1a. Matadors: Texas Technological College had just as awesome of a mascot way back in the day as the school’s modern day mascot. The Matadors perfectly embodied the school’s Spanish influence with regards to architecture and heritage, and a bull fighter is just plain cool to begin with.
giphy.gif

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, does he work for the Texas Tech PR Department or something?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the cartoons over those freakish little pig horses. Have Goldbug write check, so you guys can afford a full grown horse. You cheap bastards

Lol. In all seriousness, could you imagine what some full grown horses would do to the turf?

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the middle of his list, but Oklahoma should be ranked #2. Yes, sooner means cheater, but they get major points for identifying with the culture of the state. Red Raider is lame, and has nothing to do with West Texas. They should be the Texas Tech oilers

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the middle of his list, but Oklahoma should be ranked #2. Yes, sooner means cheater, but they get major points for identifying with the culture of the state. Red Raider is lame, and has nothing to do with West Texas. They should be the Texas Tech oilers

I was thinking the STDs, but oilers works

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. In all seriousness, could you imagine what some full grown horses would do to the turf?

They let buffalo run on teh turf in Colorado. A buffalo!! and you are worried about a horse?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, this dude picked this as the #1 mascot in the Big 12:

hamburgler.jpg

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the cartoons over those freakish little pig horses. Have Goldbug write check, so you guys can afford a full grown horse. You cheap bastards

I can't afford it now. Loaned too much money to some Horns friends so they could update Bevo's anthrax shots.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
best mascot in the Big12 is easily the West Virginia Mountaineer. A frontiersman? With a rifle, coonskin cap in tow? Shiiiiiiiiit. . .

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_mmwucavb7y1ralt7qo6_250.gif
What have you done with Lance??

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool shit.

Ranks Texas and TCU high for originality and cultural fit. Ranks OU dead last for originality and cultural fit.

:thumb:

We need to get this fucker to register at the hoop.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was thinking "The Stink" or something along those lines. Or maybe I'm thinking of Amarillo? :scratch: Always got those two hinterlands locals confused somewhat, in that they kinda look alike, both are at the edge of the Earth far beyond civilization, and I think they both give off an aroma when you get near.