• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bevell to BYU?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have had a top 10 scoring offense every year since 2004, the worst their offense has ranked under brady is 12th. to boil it down to superbowl wins is ridiculous, they have been a dominant offensive team regardless of who the OC is.
Well, we have a top 10 offense right now, and we've been bitching about it more than we've been praising it, so I'm not sure that's the gold standard. Still no way for you to claim changing OCs had no effect "at all" so.....

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have had a top 10 scoring offense every year since 2004, the worst their offense has ranked under brady is 12th. to boil it down to superbowl wins is ridiculous, they have been a dominant offensive team regardless of who the OC is.

Bevels play calling drives me batshit at times as well, but citing scoring offense rankings doesn't help your case at all here.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, using the Patriots as a model of consistency is a great way to show why OCs are important. The Patriots in the last 11 years have had Josh McDaniels as their OC for 7 of those years, including the last 4 (though it has been reported that McDaniels was the play caller in 2005 even though he wasn't OC, so in essence it's 8 out of 11).

In the other 3 seasons, the Patriots had just one play caller - Bill O'Brian - despite not officially naming him OC until 2011. So, this time period you point to where the Patriots have overcome so much turmoil with OC changes has seen them have 2 OCs over an 11 year span. I'd pretty much say that it's a pretty good record to show why not changing is a good thing.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh one thing I like lately is they seem to be more willing to let Wilson stay in the pocket and fire. Wilson is having another great game if it weren't for two HUGE drops (Willson and Baldwin). Baldwin probably tears that off for 30 and Willson obviously an easy TD catch.

But who knows if Carroll stepped in and said something.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh one thing I like lately is they seem to be more willing to let Wilson stay in the pocket and fire. Wilson is having another great game if it weren't for two HUGE drops (Willson and Baldwin). Baldwin probably tears that off for 30 and Willson obviously an easy TD catch.

But who knows if Carroll stepped in and said something.
I think it's simply a function of having time to throw vs having no time more often than not.