• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bevell to BYU?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off: Thanks Jeebus for listening.

2nd. I'd look for someone who knows alot Offensive Line. NOT TOM CABLE and knows how to use the best of his talent.

Did I mention NOT TOM CABLE

Is jesus offensive now?

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about a sober Sarkisian (sp?)? :noidea:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't believe Sarkisian is a member of the LDS church - which is one of the requirements or the job. Also, they have to be in good standing, and with the very public drinking issues less than a year ago, even if he were, I would think the school would pass for the time being.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's too busy suing USC for wrongful termination. I had some hope for him but that's just a little over the top. I understand people do need protection in some cases but when you're the highest paid employee of the school then don't show up drunk.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe Sarkisian is a member of the LDS church - which is one of the requirements or the job. Also, they have to be in good standing, and with the very public drinking issues less than a year ago, even if he were, I would think the school would pass for the time being.
I meant Sark replacing Bevell as our OC

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't view this as a big loss. You think guys in GB or NE would fret over losing their OC? Wilson's been starting in the league enough for him to start dictating a lot of the decisions on the offense. And this is what really bothers me

"I think the pocket being so consistently solid for him makes a huge difference," Carroll said last week, via Pro Football Talk. "The rhythm, since the [bye week], we've really tried to feature a fast rhythm and making sure he's really got a chance to get the ball out fast to keep the pressure off of the guys up front."

It took you to the bye week to figure that out? They should have been doing this since week 1. Everyone knew the line was going to be awful to start the season. It was bad before and Unger was gone on top of it.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha. Hell, if he's taken some time to get his life back together, Steve Sarkisian may be a decent option as well - but only if he's gotten his alcohol issues under control.

My concern of Sark would be if his drinking comes back during mid season and needs time off. That puts PC and company in a bad spot, plus could become a distraction inside the club house. I think Sark needs to take a few years off, get his life back on track and then come back to coaching sober and feeling refreshed.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like NE has gone through more than a few OCs throughout the brady years

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a moot point now because Carroll responded to the rumors by saying that Bevell isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I didn't really expect him to give Bevell permission to talk to any teams while the regular season was still going on.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't it be fitting that just as the offense is really starting to take off, one of the key components of it leaves. :L Just our freaking luck.

Wilson had the best 3 game stretch of his career through the minny game. Lockett is really starting to gel with, and has the trust of, Wilson and it's working. Baldwin is just flat out going off. Rawls is ballin.

It takes 3-4 years for even most of the historically best QB's to reach their potential and get deep enough into a system to really run it well. Wilson does seem to be just about reaching that kind of level.

A new OC would set that effort back. Sorry snug, but if you get your wish this team goes backward quite a bit.

It takes a play caller, QB, and receivers all on the same page and trusting each other to build a killer offense. It isn't coaching alone, and it isn't just gifted players.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bevell will not interview with BYU during our season. Pete won't allow the distraction and Bevell says he is committed to doing something special with Seattle this year.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having an elite QB is more important than the OC. I think what we are seeing is the reins being taken off in conjunction with everything finally clicking in wilsons mind. Like neo in the matrix.

Ive already said bevell has won himself another year so long as the offense stays the course and there arent any epic failures of play calling.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and there arent any epic failures of play calling.

There WILL be failures in play-calling. That's a given. It must happen. The other guys get paid too.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having an elite QB is more important than the OC.
This isn't a choice between a QB or an OC. This about the value of continuity in the coaching staff -- a staff that has appeared in the last 2 SBs. If this O continues to trend upward with a strong push in the playoffs, I think we take a hit on that side by losing its architect. And I don't want our team to take a hit.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been one the people that bitch about Bevell every Sunday, he gets a bad rap imo, and is blamed every time offensive players fail to execute.

But change isn't always a bad thing. A new set of eyes may be exactly what this offense needs.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having an elite QB is more important than the OC. I think what we are seeing is the reins being taken off in conjunction with everything finally clicking in wilsons mind. Like neo in the matrix.

Ive already said bevell has won himself another year so long as the offense stays the course and there arent any epic failures of play calling.
This isn't a choice between a QB or an OC. This about the value of continuity in the coaching staff -- a staff that has appeared in the last 2 SBs. If this O continues to trend upward with a strong push in the playoffs, I think we take a hit on that side by losing its architect. And I don't want our team to take a hit.

For the counter argument to this, all you have to do is look at the defense. In 2012, the Seahawks had Gus Bradley at defensive coordinator and a really good defense. You could make the argument that the Seahawks shouldn't have messed with what they had by letting Bradley move on. Well, he did move on to Jacksonville and the team hired Quinn to be the next d-coordinator. All they did under Quinn was become an elite defense and go to back-to-back Super Bowls. They've since moved on to Kris Richard because they let Quinn move on to become a head coach as well.

We don't know how that's going to turn out, but the point is that you could make the argument a couple of years ago that the Seahawks shouldn't have upset the apple cart by letting Bradley move on, but they did and it paid off. Obviously Bevell was the offensive coordinator through all of that and letting him go might not necessarily get the same results that letting Bradley leave did, but Bevell is not going to be the offensive coordinator here forever. He's eventually going to move on or the team is going to move on from him and it doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing when it happens.