• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Better Chance Of Happening?

Better Chance That...

• Cavs don't make Finals

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Win the title

Votes: 11 34.4%

• Total voters

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought he wanted to win...obviously he wants his moneya nd playing time and from the sounds of it- a future contract...and if thats the case i cant blame him- he was going to be the Cavs- between 8th and 10th guy and get about 18 minutes a game. It looks like he is the Heats like, 5th guy? is he starting or coming off the bench? got double the money and a lot more playing time---- sure i would have liked him as a depth guy- but hes not gonna play in front of Smith or Shump----- and i think he wouldve probably been a slight upgrade on Frye and or Jefferson- but both those guys are shooting better this season.

Some players actually have pride. Not like the Cavs are winning a title anyway

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.
Chances are that neither scenario happens, but better chance that Cavs lose before Finals then find a way to beat WC champ without even having HC advantage.
the Cavs took GSw to 6 games last year and nearly won a 3rd game if not for 2 missed shots at the buzzer- this after losing 2 games to the ENTIRE eastern conferencei n the playoffs--- both of those games to a Bulls team that has been decimated by injuries this year

there is no one in the East that even SLIGHTLY worries the Cavs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last year

Cavs in the East

4-0

4-2

4-0

while dealing with a lot of significant injuries

in the Finals-

lose 4-2

this year they are healthy

this year- not one team in the East has made a significant move to even the odds

I really dont know what I am missing here.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought he wanted to win...obviously he wants his moneya nd playing time and from the sounds of it- a future contract...and if thats the case i cant blame him- he was going to be the Cavs- between 8th and 10th guy and get about 18 minutes a game. It looks like he is the Heats like, 5th guy? is he starting or coming off the bench? got double the money and a lot more playing time---- sure i would have liked him as a depth guy- but hes not gonna play in front of Smith or Shump----- and i think he wouldve probably been a slight upgrade on Frye and or Jefferson- but both those guys are shooting better this season.

Obviously he'll have a bigger role on the Heat,
but also pretty obvious is that he doesn't want to live in Cleveland, play with James, or think the Cavs are winning a title.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last year

Cavs in the East

4-0

4-2

4-0

while dealing with a lot of significant injuries

in the Finals-

lose 4-2

this year they are healthy

this year- not one team in the East has made a significant move to even the odds

I really dont know what I am missing here.

Maybe your right.
You said 3 or less.
What's the proposed bet?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh now this made me laugh. With all of your nonstop anti LeBron stuff the same thing can be said about you as well.

This thread is anti LeBron?
I asked a fair question.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Raptors wouldve addressed PF i could maybe buy it....but no one in the East has NEAR the roster to even challenge the Cavs

That's not the poll though. The poll is whether or not the Cavs have a better chance of not making the finals or winning the title.

At this point in time, the gap between the Warriors/Spurs is bigger than the gap between the Cavs and the other top Eastern Conference teams.

Obviously, that could change by the end of the season. If the Cavs figure things out, start clicking and doing what Lue wants, they have the talent to close the gap between themselves and the Warriors/Spurs significantly. A significant injury on GSW or SAS changes things as well. But, until then, they are likely to be a fairly heavy underdog vs. the Warriors/Spurs and probably close to even money vs. OKC.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is anti LeBron?
I asked a fair question.

Oh come on now, you know exactly what I mean. Seriously has a single day passed since he broke your heart & returned to Cleveland where you haven't said something negative about him?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Raptors wouldve addressed PF i could maybe buy it....but no one in the East has NEAR the roster to even challenge the Cavs

I just have to go back to what I saw last year- the Cavs lost 2 games to the entire Eastern Conference--- and in the Finals they won 2 games and were awful close on a third- to me alone that clearly points in one direction- but its clear the bias runs deep here against the Cavs.

Yes, but they won those 2 games without Irving.

People assume they should be much better with him, but the problem is chemistry, not talent. Kyrie kills chemistry for the 3 reasons stated on the other thread:

Ball stopper, bad defense, poor shot selection at times

Teams that take bad shots, play large amounts of ISO offense and don't play great defense simply don't win titles. You can get away with one of those habits, but you have to be damn near perfect to beat this year's Warrior team, and Cleveland ain't close.

I think Cleveland might be able to beat OKC in a series, but what are the chances of OKC coming out of the West. Maybe 5%?

Also, keep in mind that Golden State is much better this year than they were last.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, keep in mind that Golden State is much better this year than they were last.

How scary is that? They are having such a crazy good season that the Spurs have a decent shot at getting 70 wins and they are being completely overshadowed by GSW (which, of course, is exactly what they want).

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Option 1. I think a Toronto, Miami or Boston can beat Cleveland in the East.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find the focus on the Cavs interesting. Do you think it is just a SportsHoopla thing because of guys like Wiggy ... or do you think NBA fans all over are so intensely focused on the Cavs ?

Has this happened with other teams ? Seems like there would be more discussion about the Warriors.

It's Wiggyruss..lol

Seriously, look at how much he boasts about Kyrie's greatness, Thompson's ability to defend....etc

Now, imagine what he will post if they actually get something more than a 2nd place ribbon...lol

I'm probably one of the few posters that would love it if the Cavs won.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How scary is that? They are having such a crazy good season that the Spurs have a decent shot at getting 70 wins and they are being completely overshadowed by GSW (which, of course, is exactly what they want).

The Spurs are the Sammie Sosa to the Warriors Mark McGuire....minus the peds...lol

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, imagine what he will post if they actually get something more than a 2nd place ribbon...lol

I admit, I might have a field day quoting old posts if it somehow happens.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Cavs took GSw to 6 games last year and nearly won a 3rd game if not for 2 missed shots at the buzzer- this after losing 2 games to the ENTIRE eastern conferencei n the playoffs--- both of those games to a Bulls team that has been decimated by injuries this year

there is no one in the East that even SLIGHTLY worries the Cavs.

Injuries.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit, I might have a field day quoting old posts if it somehow happens.

Don't blame you.

You are a good poster that can be objective.

It's not fair to lump all Cavs fans in together.

If they win, it will give other fanbases that have been mired in futility reasons to hope.

How many times have you heard/ read that Cleveland will NEVER win a Championship?

Well, multiply that by 500 and that's the life of a Clippers fan.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @WiggyRuss thinking Joe Johnson is a one dimensional player
he didnt use to be- and i didnt say he was one dimensional- i think he can post up in the right matchups, i think he can be a VERY effective spot up shooter, i think he is a crafty veteran passer.....especially on the Heat- he will be a very big upgrade considering the Heat are the worst 3 pt shooting team in the entire NBA.

You were saying that he is still a good iso player which he just isnt. He cant get by anyone. He cant get to the basket and finish anymore--- not with any regularity anyway- theres no shame in that- hes a sieve defensively- not that he was any good at defense in his prime to begin with- the guy is getting older...it just is what is is. Its a solid signing for the Heat considering their injuries, their cost cutting moves and the inability of Riley to add shooters to the team in the last 2 offseasons.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he didnt use to be- and i didnt say he was one dimensional- i think he can post up in the right matchups, i think he can be a VERY effective spot up shooter, i think he is a crafty veteran passer.....especially on the Heat- he will be a very big upgrade considering the Heat are the worst 3 pt shooting team in the entire NBA.

You were saying that he is still a good iso player which he just isnt. He cant get by anyone. He cant get to the basket and finish anymore--- not with any regularity anyway- theres no shame in that- hes a sieve defensively- not that he was any good at defense in his prime to begin with- the guy is getting older...it just is what is is. Its a solid signing for the Heat considering their injuries, their cost cutting moves and the inability of Riley to add shooters to the team in the last 2 offseasons.

Tonight proved everything you just said to be a lie.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight proved everything you just said to be a lie.
one game? are you out of your mind?

this is the difference- you can watch one game and get in a big fucking tizzy and think its the end all be all final word.

last night I watched Tristan Thompson hit a game winning shot on one end- and on the other end he shut out the lights and sent the game tying shot back down the shooters throat- and im not on here SEEE O MY GOD ONE GAME!!! ITS SO AWESOME! 14 pts and 11 rebounds on 6/7 shooting and the TWO biggest plays of the game!!!

no....thats just ridiculous. 1 game means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Mo Williams scored 50 in a game last year- HOW FUCKING DUMB would you look if you got on here after that saying he is the one of the best scorers in the league.

IF Tomorrow Joe Johnson goes 2/9 for 5 pts, are you gonna make another post- YOU WERE RIGHT WIGGY!!! HE SUCKED ASS TONIGHT- HES COOKED!

you consistently make yourself look a fool with these over reactions and your personal bias'