• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Better Chance Of Happening?

Better Chance That...

• Cavs don't make Finals

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Win the title

Votes: 11 34.4%

• Total voters

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also as the Knicks broadcasters noted, defense travels. He talks shit without watching Heat games.

Richardson seems legit.
We hit twice in last years draft.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...dude....cmon man....what like Whiteside being on his best behavior for a couple weeks and the Heat signing a washed up Joe Johnson and all of a sudden you think the Heat arent 100% completely and utterly decimated -and are a total NON FACTOR as long as Bosh is on the sidelines-- and even with Bosh the Heat is not a fly on the Cavs ass. Boston and Toronto would DEFINITELY beat them.

I mean- I am kinda thinking Bosh is coming back because of the Johnson signing- but if hes not- the absolute best thing the Heat could do is trade away everything not nailed down for picks and prospects and start over with a clean slate.

Being on his best behavior for a couple weeks? He had one lapse in judgement. Otherwise he's been fine. The guy has 3 T's all season long. He has been totally fine this season. Joe Johnson is washed up if he was brought here to be the #1 option. He is still a solid basketball player if he was brought in as a role player which was what Miami brought him in to be. The only team out east that would "definitely" beat Miami out East is Miami. When it comes to the other 6 teams, there is no team that would definitely beat Miami out east

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs having a new head coach by Opening night next season.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Windhorst said Joe Johnson miught get bought out at some point.....PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE....pretty please...dont even make a trade.....no way ...that would be too good to be true.

LOL...dude....cmon man....what like Whiteside being on his best behavior for a couple weeks and the Heat signing a washed up Joe Johnson and all of a sudden you think the Heat arent 100% completely and utterly decimated -and are a total NON FACTOR as long as Bosh is on the sidelines-- and even with Bosh the Heat is not a fly on the Cavs ass. Boston and Toronto would DEFINITELY beat them.

I mean- I am kinda thinking Bosh is coming back because of the Johnson signing- but if hes not- the absolute best thing the Heat could do is trade away everything not nailed down for picks and prospects and start over with a clean slate.

First post is 2 weeks ago, when buyout was being thrown around.
Then, total opposite once Joe picks the Heat.
Just Wiggy being Wiggy.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just Wiggy being Wiggy.

Proof that Wiggy is a fraud......but we already knew that

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just Wiggy being Wiggy.
lol. another cherry pick

i think thats the most likely as well....it would be good depth to have on the outside...another shooter...

id be interested to see what Joe Johnson could do in a role, getting open shots, and being rejuvenated on a contender for the first time....who knows- im not saying he would be great- i have no clue- but i think it would be worth it to find out.

You know he would be getting open looks like never before..and you gotta think that hed have a little more pep only playing 20 or so minutes a night with LeBron and Kyrie collapsing defenses rather than trying to carry a bad/mediocre Brooklyn offense.

thats also what i said-- and yah- Iwanted the Cavs to get Johnson- he would be with the other bench guys--- and like i said Joe Johnson, Mo Williams, Frye is better than Perkins, Marion, Jones-- but Joe Johnson would have been no better than a fairly deep bench player on the Cavs- he wasnt gonna play above Smith or Shumpert....he would have sucked up minutes from Jefferson and Frye as the Cavs 9th guy probably

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yah...Joe Jhonson is "washed up" comparing to what he was--- I think he could still help as a spot up shooter- and on the Cavs he would have gotten open shots like no other---- Dragic and Wade should be able to collapse defenses though too- and instead of being the 9th guy on the Cavs hes like what? the Heats 5th? He will DEFinitely help- especially considering the Heat are just an awful 3 pt shooting team- but the guy, just like Frye isnt gonna make any kind of difference whether or not you advance.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Johnson is not a one dimensional player like Frye is.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Johnson looked good in his Heat debut but I dont think it's really that much of a game changer for them... My opinion.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely miss the Finals. I personally think they'll get there but the Raptors have a better shot at beating the Cavs than the Cavs have of beating the Warriors or Spurs

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Johnson is better than J.R. Smith. Maybe not talent wise, but I know who I would rather have on my team.

Thing is Wiggy, the Cavs are the most talented team in the NBA, but the chemistry is awful and they are not fixing that. The pieces just don't fit. Talent can get them to the Finals, but it ain't bringing home a ring.

To answer someone else's question, the Cavs get more discussion on here because dysfunction is more fun to talk about. I am all for marveling at the Warriors, but by and large everyone generally agrees about how good they are.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. another cherry pick

i think thats the most likely as well....it would be good depth to have on the outside...another shooter...

id be interested to see what Joe Johnson could do in a role, getting open shots, and being rejuvenated on a contender for the first time....who knows- im not saying he would be great- i have no clue- but i think it would be worth it to find out.

You know he would be getting open looks like never before..and you gotta think that hed have a little more pep only playing 20 or so minutes a night with LeBron and Kyrie collapsing defenses rather than trying to carry a bad/mediocre Brooklyn offense.

thats also what i said-- and yah- Iwanted the Cavs to get Johnson- he would be with the other bench guys--- and like i said Joe Johnson, Mo Williams, Frye is better than Perkins, Marion, Jones-- but Joe Johnson would have been no better than a fairly deep bench player on the Cavs- he wasnt gonna play above Smith or Shumpert....he would have sucked up minutes from Jefferson and Frye as the Cavs 9th guy probably

Not even close to a cherry pick.
To be honest, it was the first post that popped up when I searched you, Joe Johnson.
Since you claim it a cherry pick, please repost anything you said negative about Johnson, before he chose the Heat.

Also, no Heat fan is saying he's anything great, but given our circumstances, he's an upgrade, so it's something to be happy about.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yah...Joe Jhonson is "washed up" comparing to what he was--- I think he could still help as a spot up shooter- and on the Cavs he would have gotten open shots like no other---- Dragic and Wade should be able to collapse defenses though too- and instead of being the 9th guy on the Cavs hes like what? the Heats 5th? He will DEFinitely help- especially considering the Heat are just an awful 3 pt shooting team- but the guy, just like Frye isnt gonna make any kind of difference whether or not you advance.

So the Cavs have little size, but still trade away James' closest friend on team and fan favorite to acquire Frye, who isn't expected to make any kind of difference?
Would that equate to salary dump?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Cavs have little size, but still trade away James' closest friend on team and fan favorite to acquire Frye, who isn't expected to make any kind of difference?

They already have Thompson and Mozgov. Varejao was not needed.

Frye can shoot and will spread the floor. He is a much better compliment to the current roster even though he won't ever play a ton of minutes.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a small upgrade that was meant to create some depth and add another shooter. Does Frye help? Does Johnson help? Sure--- but they arent the difference in a series unless things get really really desperate

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Frye can shoot and will spread the floor. He is a much better compliment to the current roster even though he won't ever play a ton of minutes.
exactly- its just another floor spacer, solid locker room guy...now they have 2 bigs that can play outside and 2 that can play inside depending on the scheme.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a small upgrade that was meant to create some depth and add another shooter. Does Frye help? Does Johnson help? Sure--- but they arent the difference in a series unless things get really really desperate

First smart thing you said in months. Congrats

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if the Cavs got Joe Johnson he would have sucked up the minutes from Richard Jefferson, Frye, and prob a few of Mozgovs--maybe some of Shumperts- to get JJ his 18-20 minutes- if that--- and he would have been AT BEST the Cavs 8th guy- and depending on who you have higher- him or Frye- Id have Johnson at 9 or 10--- and thats IN FRONT of Richard Jefferson who is shooting like 42% from 3....he definitely wouldnt take minutes from Delly...oh well....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Cavs got Joe Johnson he would have sucked up the minutes from Richard Jefferson, Frye, and prob a few of Mozgovs--- to get JJ his 18-20 minutes- if that--- and he would have been AT BEST the Cavs 8th guy- and depending on who you have higher- him or Frye- Id have Johnson at 9 or 10--- and thats IN FRONT of Richard Jefferson who is shooting like 42% from 3....

Cavs would have been using Johnson incorrectly if they were just going to use him as a spot up shooter. He is not a one dimensional player like Frye is. He is known as Iso Joe for a reason. He can shoot but he also can take his defender off the dribble and is not a bad post player for a SG/SF

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Cavs got Joe Johnson he would have sucked up the minutes from Richard Jefferson, Frye, and prob a few of Mozgovs--maybe some of Shumperts- to get JJ his 18-20 minutes- if that--- and he would have been AT BEST the Cavs 8th guy- and depending on who you have higher- him or Frye- Id have Johnson at 9 or 10--- and thats IN FRONT of Richard Jefferson who is shooting like 42% from 3....he definitely wouldnt take minutes from Delly...oh well....

He would have taken minutes from Smith too. Maybe indirectly, but still. Smith is untrustworthy and there aren't many guys in the league who take more bad shots than Smith.

Guys who take bad shots hurt chemistry as much, maybe more than guys who don't put forth effort on defense.