• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Better Chance Of Happening?

Better Chance That...

• Cavs don't make Finals

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Win the title

Votes: 11 34.4%

• Total voters

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would have taken minutes from Smith too. Maybe indirectly, but still. Smith is untrustworthy and there aren't many guys in the league who take more bad shots than Smith.

Guys who take bad shots hurt chemistry as much, maybe more than guys who don't put forth effort on defense.
Smith has made the most 3's in the East since he has been dealt to the CAvs and is shooting about 40% from 3....have a guy take 6-7 3's a game and make 40% and ill show you someone that has a lot of value....hes gonna keep playing quite a bit...but i suppose it was possible...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs would have been using Johnson incorrectly if they were just going to use him as a spot up shooter. He is not a one dimensional player like Frye is. He is known as Iso Joe for a reason. He can shoot but he also can take his defender off the dribble and is not a bad post player for a SG/SF
he absolutely cannot take his guy off the dribble and finish at the rim anymore

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a lie.
Spot-up Joe replaces Iso Joe
In his prime, Johnson earned the nickname "Iso Joe" for his preferred form of scoring -- creating his own shot out of isolation plays. In both 2008-09 and 2009-10, Johnson was one of the league's five leading scorers on isolations, according to Synergy Sports tracking.

Those days are long gone. This season, per Synergy tracking available on NBA.com/Stats, Johnson has shot just 34.8 percent on isolation plays.

More broadly, Johnson is no longer capable of creating his own shot like he once did. Johnson's usage rate declined to 17.9 percent of Brooklyn's plays, his lowest mark since he was a rookie. When he has tried to create his own shot, Johnson has struggled. Most of his unassisted attempts come inside the arc and Johnson is shooting just 42.7 percent on 2-point attempts, down from 47.2 percent last season.

In some ways, however, Johnson's decline has made him a better fit for a contending team. Miami has guards Goran Dragic and Dwyane Wade to create offense. Johnson will fit into a role spacing the floor. And he can still be effective there. Over the course of the season, Johnson is shooting 37.1 percent from beyond the arc, right at his career mark.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson will help though as a spot up shooter.

Miami is currently LAST in the NBA in 3 point percentage at a paltry, pathetic 31.7%. So much for finishing in the top half of the league. lol.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith has made the most 3's in the East since he has been dealt to the CAvs and is shooting about 40% from 3....have a guy take 6-7 3's a game and make 40% and ill show you someone that has a lot of value....hes gonna keep playing quite a bit...but i suppose it was possible...

Smith is one of the best shooters in the league. But his shot selection is absolutely terrible. That is why he is just 34th among SGs in true shooting percentage. That is awful considering that he plays alongside LeBron and Irving and shoot not feel the need to create his own shot off the dribble as much as he does. Given Smith's ability and his situation, his true shooting percentage would be closer to 60% if he wasn't so selfish.

Give me a one dimensional spot up guy any time over Smith.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot-up Joe replaces Iso Joe
In his prime, Johnson earned the nickname "Iso Joe" for his preferred form of scoring -- creating his own shot out of isolation plays. In both 2008-09 and 2009-10, Johnson was one of the league's five leading scorers on isolations, according to Synergy Sports tracking.

Those days are long gone. This season, per Synergy tracking available on NBA.com/Stats, Johnson has shot just 34.8 percent on isolation plays.

More broadly, Johnson is no longer capable of creating his own shot like he once did. Johnson's usage rate declined to 17.9 percent of Brooklyn's plays, his lowest mark since he was a rookie. When he has tried to create his own shot, Johnson has struggled. Most of his unassisted attempts come inside the arc and Johnson is shooting just 42.7 percent on 2-point attempts, down from 47.2 percent last season.

In some ways, however, Johnson's decline has made him a better fit for a contending team. Miami has guards Goran Dragic and Dwyane Wade to create offense. Johnson will fit into a role spacing the floor. And he can still be effective there. Over the course of the season, Johnson is shooting 37.1 percent from beyond the arc, right at his career mark.

This proves nothing. It basically just say he is not as effective on Isolation plays as he used to be which is obvious.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is one of the best shooters in the league. But his shot selection is absolutely terrible. That is why he is just 34th among SGs in true shooting percentage. That is awful considering that he plays alongside LeBron and Irving and shoot not feel the need to create his own shot off the dribble as much as he does. Given Smith's ability and his situation, his true shooting percentage would be closer to 60% if he wasn't so selfish.

Give me a one dimensional spot up guy any time over Smith.
dude...cmon...you gotta do a little bit of critical thinking here.

Over HALF the guys shots are 3's---- shooting percentage is not what you look at- look at true shooting - or just realize that if you have a guy that takes 11.3 shots per game and 6.5 of those are 3's of course you are going to have a low FG % ---- but the fact that he is shooting at slightly above a 40% clip from 3- is EXTREMELY valuable.

what your saying is basically that Tristan Thompson is a better shooter than JR because he shoots a higher percentage--- well YAH- Thompson takes 2's right by the basket... cmon- you know better than that.

I mean do you watch Cavs games? All Jr does for the most part is spot up- he rarely ever creates unless he gets guys running him off the 3 pt line when he pump fakes and gets a wide open lane.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This proves nothing. It basically just say he is not as effective on Isolation plays as he used to be which is obvious.
it proves that he cant get his own shot anymore because he cant move anymore. Spot up? cAn help... absolutely waived BYE BYE a long time ago to Joe Johnson creating offense for himself or others.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude...cmon...you gotta do a little bit of critical thinking here.

Over HALF the guys shots are 3's---- shooting percentage is not what you look at- look at true shooting - or just realize that if you have a guy that takes 11.3 shots per game and 6.5 of those are 3's of course you are going to have a low FG % ---- but the fact that he is shooting at slightly above a 40% clip from 3- is EXTREMELY valuable.

what your saying is basically that Tristan Thompson is a better shooter than JR because he shoots a higher percentage--- well YAH- Thompson takes 2's right by the basket... cmon- you know better than that.

I mean do you watch Cavs games? All Jr does for the most part is spot up- he rarely ever creates unless he gets guys running him off the 3 pt line when he pump fakes and gets a wide open lane.

Read my post again. I did look at true shooting percentage. He is 34th among shooting guards with a TS% of 53.3%. That is not good for a shooter playing in that offense.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you?

He spots up, sure, but then still shoots when he is very well guarded.
well he is shooting over 40% from 3...takes over half his shots from 3, and since JANuary of last year- there is not one player in the whole Conference that has made more 3's than JR.....I mean- if you were DESIGNING a shooter in a video game to play with LeBron- it would be a guy who takes over half his shots from 3 and makes over 40% of them. His TS% is over 53% actually.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christ, Wiggy is getting extra defensive on this one!

Who is the moron who voted the cavs have a better chance of winning the title?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well he is shooting over 40% from 3...takes over half his shots from 3, and since JANuary of last year- there is not one player in the whole Conference that has made more 3's than JR.....I mean- if you were DESIGNING a shooter in a video game to play with LeBron- it would be a guy who takes over half his shots from 3 and makes over 40% of them. His TS% is over 53% actually.

Again, I already provided that stat.

Smith has a 61.7% true shooting percentage in spot ups. That ain't the problem. It is the other bone headed shots he takes when he is guarded. If all he did is shoot while he was open, he would be the perfect LBJ compliment.

But, Smith tries to do way to much because he is selfish. That makes him part of the problem in Cleveland. You don't need Smith forcing heavily guarded 3s for an offense that already boasts James, Irving and Love. If he were a smart player, he would shoot only when he is open and would be putting up Reddick like efficiency numbers.

Your video game reference may explain the disconnect here. NBA2K championships mean nothing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

because its insane!!!

honest to God- if you could design in a video game the PERFECT floor spacer for LeBron I would say-

he has size to shoot over close outs- CHECK
he can make tough shots if needed - CHECK
he shoots over 38% from 3- CHECK (shooting over 40%!!)
he would space the floor and take over half his shots from 3's- but also have the ability to keep the defense honest if they over-guard him - CHECK
he would translate all of that space into being one of the best 3 point shooters in the game- CHECK! hes made the most 3's in the East since being traded to the Cavs

I mean- I dont think I could name 5 other guys that are not stars who would do that job as well...JJ Redick, Khris Middleton would be better (but he makes a ton of money), Anthony Morrow is good but Smith has better size and is more versatile, Jared Dudley is solid but id rather have Smith....

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You?:noidea:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I already provided that stat.

Smith has a 61.7% true shooting percentage in spot ups. That ain't the problem. It is the other bone headed shots he takes when he is guarded. If all he did is shoot while he was open, he would be the perfect LBJ compliment.

But, Smith tries to do way to much because he is selfish. That makes him part of the problem in Cleveland. You don't need Smith forcing heavily guarded 3s for an offense that already boasts James, Irving and Love. If he were a smart player, he would shoot only when he is open and would be putting up Reddick like efficiency numbers.

Your video game reference may explain the disconnect here. NBA2K championships mean nothing.

Don't waste your time

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because its insane!!!

honest to God- if you could design in a video game the PERFECT floor spacer for LeBron I would say-

he has size to shoot over close outs- CHECK
he can make tough shots if needed - CHECK
he shoots over 38% from 3- CHECK (shooting over 40%!!)
he would space the floor and take over half his shots from 3's- but also have the ability to keep the defense honest if they over-guard him - CHECK
he would translate all of that space into being one of the best 3 point shooters in the game- CHECK! hes made the most 3's in the East since being traded to the Cavs

I mean- I dont think I could name 5 other guys that are not stars who would do that job as well...JJ Redick, Khris Middleton would be better (but he makes a ton of money), Anthony Morrow is good but Smith has better size and is more versatile, Jared Dudley is solid but id rather have Smith....

Dude! Video games aren't real!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The finals last year still proved that in the big moments, JR folds like a cheap tent