• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Better Chance Of Happening?

Better Chance That...

• Cavs don't make Finals

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Win the title

Votes: 11 34.4%

• Total voters

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost. But the second option was far more appealing

I feel bad that only Wiggy has voted for the Cavs. Maybe to even things out I'll vote for them as well. Probably not though.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron should jump ship again after the season. Philly would be a great destination, they're loaded w/ talent.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because its insane!!!

honest to God- if you could design in a video game the PERFECT floor spacer for LeBron I would say-

he has size to shoot over close outs- CHECK
he can make tough shots if needed - CHECK
he shoots over 38% from 3- CHECK (shooting over 40%!!)
he would space the floor and take over half his shots from 3's- but also have the ability to keep the defense honest if they over-guard him - CHECK
he would translate all of that space into being one of the best 3 point shooters in the game- CHECK! hes made the most 3's in the East since being traded to the Cavs

I mean- I dont think I could name 5 other guys that are not stars who would do that job as well...JJ Redick, Khris Middleton would be better (but he makes a ton of money), Anthony Morrow is good but Smith has better size and is more versatile, Jared Dudley is solid but id rather have Smith....

Holy shit dude, you need to calm down. You do realise most of us here are winding you up because you get your panties in a twist EVERY SINGLE TIME and come up with 12,000 word rebuttals.

I'll bet my left tit you've yelled at your computer screen at least twice today already, right?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron should jump ship again after the season.

There's a big chance he will when cleveland fail to win the title (again). Expect a 'The Decision part III'

But don't tell wiggy that - he'd give us a 150,000 word essay why he won't.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read my post again. I did look at true shooting percentage. He is 34th among shooting guards with a TS% of 53.3%. That is not good for a shooter playing in that offense.

I didn't like JR when he was with Nuggets & Knicks. I thought he killed many possessions by taking the early tough shot. With the Cavs, most of the tough shots I remember are late in the shot clock. (there are some sites that show this stat -- would be interesting to check) If he didn't jack and shot at that point, then someone else would be chucking it -- and I'd rather have JR than anyone else jacking a tough shot at the end of the shot clock if that is all that is available. As long as his 3point shooting is above 40% and eFG% is something like 53% -- he is solid. (he doesn't get many layups)

JR shot poorly last year in playoffs -- especially in Finals. (but his 3 point shooting % was about the same as Klay's) He has to shoot better at crunchtime in playoffs for the Cavs to do well this year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a big chance he will when cleveland fail to win the title (again). Expect a 'The Decision part III'

But don't tell wiggy that - he'd give us a 150,000 word essay why he won't.

The Decision part III huh? Wasn't that exact same thing said about LeBron before last season ended though?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find the focus on the Cavs interesting. Do you think it is just a SportsHoopla thing because of guys like Wiggy ... or do you think NBA fans all over are so intensely focused on the Cavs ?

Has this happened with other teams ? Seems like there would be more discussion about the Warriors.

It's pretty much everywhere. It's a team with Lebron, so they were going to get plenty of coverage anyway. Add to that the fact that they seem to have some sort of almost daily drama around them and there are going to be a lot of people talking about them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like JR when he was with Nuggets & Knicks. I thought he killed many possessions by taking the early tough shot. With the Cavs, most of the tough shots I remember are late in the shot clock. (there are some sites that show this stat -- would be interesting to check) If he didn't jack and shot at that point, then someone else would be chucking it -- and I'd rather have JR than anyone else jacking a tough shot at the end of the shot clock if that is all that is available. As long as his 3point shooting is above 40% and eFG% is something like 53% -- he is solid. (he doesn't get many layups)

JR shot poorly last year in playoffs -- especially in Finals. (but his 3 point shooting % was about the same as Klay's) He has to shoot better at crunchtime in playoffs for the Cavs to do well this year.
he was terrible in the Finals but he was actually brilliant in the Conference Finals.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit dude, you need to calm down. You do realise most of us here are winding you up because you get your panties in a twist EVERY SINGLE TIME and come up with 12,000 word rebuttals.

I'll bet my left tit you've yelled at your computer screen at least twice today already, right?

Not trying to wind him up. Trying to discuss why they are underachieving relative to their talent level.

Yes, being top team in the east is underachieving. Cavs talent is equal or better than
the Warriors. Chemistry is the difference and the Cavs just don't pass the eye test for that of a great team.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to wind him up. Trying to discuss why they are underachieving relative to their talent level.

Yes, being top team in the east is underachieving. Cavs talent is equal or better than
the Warriors. Chemistry is the difference and the Cavs just don't pass the eye test for that of a great team.

Cavaliers not resembling a title contender

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i gotta think the Cavs will pursue...

if no bosh, ya REALLY think Joe Johnson goes to the Heat just to get slaughtered? DOUBTFUL

@WiggyRuss
Just admit your butt sore and move on.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your video game reference may explain the disconnect here. NBA2K championships mean nothing.

C'mon man. That's all Cavs fans have. To take away their NBA2K titles would just be cruel. :heh:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of unbiased smart posters picking the first option... so I must be letting my bias get the better of me.

Honestly though... I think we might be forgetting/underrating how good playoff LeBron has been. Very, very rarely has a LeBron-led team ever lost to an inferior team in a playoff series. The Mavs in the Finals... and maybe the Magic.

I truly like the Cavs chances against the Warriors better than the Raptors chances against the Cavs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with most on here that it's more likely that the Cavs don't make the finals than win the title. I think the Cavs will represent the East. But, at this point, it seems that the gap between GSW/SAS and the Cavs is bigger than the gap between the Cavs and the other top teams in the East.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss
Just admit your butt sore and move on.
i thought he wanted to win...obviously he wants his moneya nd playing time and from the sounds of it- a future contract...and if thats the case i cant blame him- he was going to be the Cavs- between 8th and 10th guy and get about 18 minutes a game. It looks like he is the Heats like, 5th guy? is he starting or coming off the bench? got double the money and a lot more playing time---- sure i would have liked him as a depth guy- but hes not gonna play in front of Smith or Shump----- and i think he wouldve probably been a slight upgrade on Frye and or Jefferson- but both those guys are shooting better this season.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with most on here that it's more likely that the Cavs don't make the finals than win the title. I think the Cavs will represent the East. But, at this point, it seems that the gap between GSW/SAS and the Cavs is bigger than the gap between the Cavs and the other top teams in the East.

Agree.
Chances are that neither scenario happens, but better chance that Cavs lose before Finals then find a way to beat WC champ without even having HC advantage.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of unbiased smart posters picking the first option... so I must be letting my bias get the better of me.

Honestly though... I think we might be forgetting/underrating how good playoff LeBron has been. Very, very rarely has a LeBron-led team ever lost to an inferior team in a playoff series. The Mavs in the Finals... and maybe the Magic.

I truly like the Cavs chances against the Warriors better than the Raptors chances against the Cavs.
if the Raptors wouldve addressed PF i could maybe buy it....but no one in the East has NEAR the roster to even challenge the Cavs

I just have to go back to what I saw last year- the Cavs lost 2 games to the entire Eastern Conference--- and in the Finals they won 2 games and were awful close on a third- to me alone that clearly points in one direction- but its clear the bias runs deep here against the Cavs.